The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone actually care about this site any longer?

rider

I'd happily pay a yearly membership. I don't see this as being too much of a problem and I'm sure it would help to run club events and if required reinvest into the general running of the forum.

As has already been mentioned "forum memory" or the retention of material for use by members has been seriously damaged by the loss of Photobucket's general access.

This has meant that a number of valuable technical and project threads have been left in pieces due to a lack of images. Descriptions only go so far. We need to rebuild this library of material and safeguard it for future use/reference.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like James' idea of knocking memberships down to £5 after the 3 years or something along those lines :)

I do still use this forum as my first port of call every morning even if it's just to browse the latest threads. But mainly because it holds so much valuable information. So I would be happy to pay the yearly fee if it was re-instated.

Not sure why it's important the renewal isn't £10? I think it could be more (not saying it should), this club is more than just a forum to me it is a club.

I know my other clubs I have been a member of charge eye watering membership fees. And I spend more time with this club. Hockey was £260 a yr plus £8 a match (each week) and I was a taxi for the squad to every match. Gym (let's not even talk about those types of club fees). Sailing membership is £240 also but the sailing and facilities are free thereafter.

£TEN POUNDS PER YEAR.... Do people need a direct debit option? Would that help? 83p/month for access to this "invaluable information" come on really....

Doesn’t actually bother me I’d happily pay a tenner, I’m not even suggesting dropping the fee is a good idea, it’s just one for the brainstorm. I have noticed a trend of people coming on, asking why they can’t see ‘X’ section of the site and disappearing once they are told to fork out. Some people really are going to only want to come on for techhy information and never participate. Why not collate and index the technical stuff better and take these people’s money for access?

Although to me, it does seem less people attempt to work on their own cars now? Maybe the wealth of how-to’s are no longer a draw?

Not sure why it's important the renewal isn't £10? I think it could be more (not saying it should), this club is more than just a forum to me it is a club.

I know my other clubs I have been a member of charge eye watering membership fees. And I spend more time with this club. Hockey was £260 a yr plus £8 a match (each week) and I was a taxi for the squad to every match. Gym (let's not even talk about those types of club fees). Sailing membership is £240 also but the sailing and facilities are free thereafter.

£TEN POUNDS PER YEAR.... Do people need a direct debit option? Would that help? 83p/month for access to this "invaluable information" come on really....

/QUOTE]

It's a drop in the ocean.

H.

Yes, hence why the traders apply for the status and we, the members approve them.

That’s how the club can afford to pay for events and give reduced costs on events too.

There is a whole section dedicated to suggestions.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?58-Club-Suggestions

Has this suggestion section ever been used as there are no threads evident?

So are funds running in the red or black? As the subject seems to have wandered onto the cost of membership.

Then maybe Pete as one of two regularly active mods

I wouldn't say that! No where near as active as I should be, but at the moment I do feel like I want to be involved.

Anyway - for what it's worth I actually felt that the criticism was fair and should be taken on board. The forum DOES need lots of improvement and the talk of "it's coming" has gone on for too long, take it on the chin and deal with it constructively.

Thanks to people that have offered constructive ideas in this thread.

Everyone comes at Supra ownership with their own take on things, if it's for big power, styling mods or classic ownership that's up to them.

For anyone that doesn't know -

Green mods = events. Restricted to editing posts in that section.

Yellow/Orange mods = tidy uppers, used to be designated a section to manage, banned from acting in certain forum areas and have no control over any forum settings, functions.

Red Mods = Power users, forum configs, user management, board settings

As a professional IT person, server admin and owner of a web development business I've volunteered many times to help out where I can tech wise (I too am limited with time like everyone else), frustratingly I'm not getting a response back on this.

I can fully understand how people feel there is a clique mentality - but that's what happens if they don't attend the social events. This is where friendships are bred and friends will stick up for each other, that's how it goes. However, ganging up and name calling shouldn't be acceptable IMHO and only re-enforces this perception, especially amongst those who are lurkers.

I wouldn't say that! No where near as active as I should be, but at the moment I do feel like I want to be involved.

Anyway - for what it's worth I actually felt that the criticism was fair and should be taken on board. The forum DOES need lots of improvement and the talk of "it's coming" has gone on for too long, take it on the chin and deal with it constructively.

Thanks to people that have offered constructive ideas in this thread.

Everyone comes at Supra ownership with their own take on things, if it's for big power, styling mods or classic ownership that's up to them.

For anyone that doesn't know -

Green mods = events. Restricted to editing posts in that section.

Yellow/Orange mods = tidy uppers, used to be designated a section to manage, banned from acting in certain forum areas and have no control over any forum settings, functions.

Red Mods = Power users, forum configs, user management, board settings

As a professional IT person, server admin and owner of a web development business I've volunteered many times to help out where I can tech wise (I too am limited with time like everyone else), frustratingly I'm not getting a response back on this.

I can fully understand how people feel there is a clique mentality - but that's what happens if they don't attend the social events. This is where friendships are bred and friends will stick up for each other, that's how it goes. However, ganging up and name calling shouldn't be acceptable IMHO and only re-enforces this perception, especially amongst those who are lurkers.

riders attitude has been way off the mark and offending members for a long time now, and I've had a number of people say this to me over an extended period of time, including a number of PM's, whatsapp messages, facebook messages I have also received since I posted on the matter of his attitude and behaviour. Something had to be said and I stand by the way I said it. I for one hope he doesn't reappear, and I'll gladly refund his membership out of my own pocket.

You of all people Pete know (as we are very close friends) that I'm not, and never will be, part of any clique. I'm in contact with a very wide section of club members on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. So I would say I have my finger on the pulse of club members feelings and opinions more than most, that's who I am, and everyone knows I'm extremely social like that when it comes to club members, it matters a lot to me that people are happy and satisfied with the club and how things are in general. You could cut my arm off and it would say 'MkivSupra.net' in the middle like a piece of Blackpool rock, and a lot of people now that personal commitment I have to this great club.

Yes there are pockets of groups I know and I call my friends, but I no way hold any sort of affiliation or sway to anyone else's opinion. You know I'm my own person Pete, and very much do what my conscience and morals guide me to. It's also not a matter of friends sticking up for each other, not for me anyway, for me it's a matter of saying something for myself that needed to be said, and for the hard work that I and others do around here.

You of all people Pete know (as we are very close friends) that I'm not, and never will be, part of any clique.

That's not what you said to me on our first "event" together.

I'm in contact with a very wide section of club members on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. So I would say I have my finger on the pulse of club members feelings and opinions more than most.

You definitely have your finger somewhere :rlol:

I'm still here :p. I've had messages as well. I think the club is effectively two tier, friends and family fraternity and hundreds of others. I've never descended into the lets get personal to or about anyone, just not my style. It's all too immature if I'm honest. Clique wars is a dubious way to behave on a forum as all it does is put others off when there is an excitable pack only too happy to jump all over threads and head way off topic. Not sure what a busy events organiser has to to with raising web site development and maintenance and it does seems you aren't either. Its proving to be another popular thread, so yet another topical and very valuable contribution.

I'm still here :p.

More's the pity, luckily I can see it not being for long though :)

Clique wars

There you go again, paranoia that factions of the forum are out to get you, give the same old rhetoric a rest rider. Let me make this blindingly clear, this is just me having a very big problem with you and your attitude and the way you communicate with members. This is a personal thing with me now against you, with wanting to see the back of you for good from this forum, and I had to join a long line I found.

Not sure what a busy events organiser has to to with raising web site development and maintenance and it does seems you aren't either.

You'd be surprised what gets discussed and my opinion asked for and what I'm involved with, but that just shows how little you do know about what I actually do around here ;)

So, rider, have you been able to come up with something you actually want to help and contribute to the club now? Please say it's your membership you want to hand in! :D

lol quoting his paranoia that "factions of the forum are out to get him", whilst openly hinting that factions of the forum are out to get him.....

Haha I can see your point, but I can assure you these are individuals that I know have no connections or group motive.

In a way you're right but let me define them for you:

"Friends and family fraternity" - they're the members who attend events, organise the events and care about the forum (something that is open to all)

"and hundreds of others" - they're the people (like you) who never attend anything, don't contribute to anything in any way and generally moan about it all

I know he's upset people on occasion, stirs things up (regardless of intention or not), has a way/manner of posting that can be provocative, even annoying to some, but no real harm done that I can see, unless I'm missing something?

Well I'll only speak for myself on this, others can come forth or not, it's up to them, but for me I've had enough, and it's a personal thing for me now.