The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone actually care about this site any longer?

rider

ok my 2 cents or the elephant in the room shall we say (imo of course!).

I used to post quite alot on here but in recent years I've stopped. And I KNOW I speak for tons of other members from 2007 and before who also stopped posting for the same reasons. Here is why:

1) It became very very clique in 2010-2014. Borderline bullying if you didn't agree with some high count posters that their cars were "Awesome" (to be fair they generally were, but the kits/styling etc. were naturally open to debate). If you said anything at all detrimental you'd be attacked by all the big players on here. Ironically most of these big players have moved on to other marques making this forum much friendlier.

2) After the above, many people just stopped posting their own projects or responding to others project builds for fear of criticism and have lurked ever since.

3) There are stand up people on here still who generally don't post much but now just watch/read and pm. Probably cause of reason 1. If you look at the amount of people viewing the forum at any point it hasn't really got any quieter just less people posting.

4) The long standing BS N/A supra bashing did nothing to attract owners who own the NA, despite being the same car. Again this just puts off a ton of supra owners from posting.

5) Cost of parts sky rocketing. So pricey now, there are far less projects being started as unfortunately this car has got to the stage where cost of tuning is truly for the passionate only. So less people buying supras for £2-4k and tuning them up on the cheap.

6) Simply far less of them on the road and being used daily = less activity. I hardly use mine anymore and most supra owners I come across equally keep them stored in garages now as they are worth so much and parts are expensive, they just aren't used much as a daily anymore.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you see a shadowy figure lurking in a dark corner of a room (usually in a strip club on DB, I can't say if I was there or not), you can make out his shape, but his face you cannot quite focus on, and looks like it's a meld of two parallel dimensions... that would have been Branners ;)

I always assumed that was Burna and his finger. Ready to take his next victim :D

Sounds like a miserable January thread........just like we often get one in the height of summer!

General crankiness spills out into ranting :)

Site's fine by me, I appreciate the phone access difficulties for the youf, but I hate phones with a passion, small finicky fucking shit battery things.

In fact when it happens I'm going to make a point of being the luddite who complains it's all changed and now my old simple brain can adapt, what was bloody wrong with the old site blah blah :D

Ultimately members make the club (not forgetting the massive effort involved in setting it up and running it from some) on a day to day posting basis and a drop in active members means in the main a drop in enjoyment/banter/interest. Throw in a couple of 'characters' and there can be a chance of further decline in usage.

I'm going nowhere, will always be grateful for/to the forum, put back I think by being helpful, used to go to meets, but for a variety of reasons less so these days (must try and some this year) change it don't change it I don't care let's just keep it running and keep posting even controversial Mycroft type stuff I like it all, but then I'm not easily rattled.

Sometimes when you are all alone, late at night, you feel like you are being watched, or feel a breath on the back of your neck, you turn around quickly to see who's there! But he's gone... that would have been Branners ;)

Or you see a shadowy figure lurking in a dark corner of a room (usually in a strip club on DB, I can't say if I was there or not), you can make out his shape, but his face you cannot quite focus on, and looks like it's a meld of two parallel dimensions... that would have been Branners ;)

Awsome [emoji16]

I have had that feeling

Also he has a magic force field around his car on db

Nobody dares to pass

So out of interest can there be a project thread for a summary of the plans and timelines so progress (however slow) can be seen in the members area.

Is there a ban policy available to see?

How can I help the club?

/QUOTE]

You won’t be able to see any of it if your banned [emoji23][emoji1303]

How can I help the club?

/QUOTE]

Now that's the spirit :thumbs:

If only rider had offered. Let's hope he's fucked off and is in the process of creating his own forum full of classic stock supras and surmising over their value every 5 minutes :rlol:

I'll gladly refund his membership out of my own pocket when he goes :)

Now that's the spirit :thumbs:

If only rider had offered. Let's hope he's fucked off and is in the process of creating his own forum full of classic stock supras and surmising over their value every 5 minutes :rlol:

I'll gladly refund his membership out of my own pocket when he goes :)

I think a lot of us could certainly offer time to help.

However with talk of revamping websites and sorting through custom code, a lot of us (certainly me at least) feel that I don't have the skills to be of any use.

Maybe it would be an idea, once plans are more firmly in place, to ask for help and what would be required?

I.e. does anyone work with xyz, we need someone with this skillset etc.

Any unskilled donkey work of stuff that needs sorting or reading through I'm sure you'd have no end of volunteers.

Wow, what a thread..!!

I was here from 2007 to 2014 in the main. Tried to help people, attend meets, make friends etc. As a club, this is better than so many others and even though I don't pop on like I used to, most of the friendly faces are still here to a degree. I have never really seen new members be treated badly, but you have a have some thickness to your skin. There is banter in all walks of life and as long is it is not overstepping the mark, I don't see a problem.

Place needs a facelift, DB is going to be awesome and I will attend a few meets over the summer, locally and nationally. Even though I sold my car in 2015, I have always been made welcome.

Onwards...!!

Wow, what a thread..!!

I was here from 2007 to 2014 in the main. Tried to help people, attend meets, make friends etc. As a club, this is better than so many others and even though I don't pop on like I used to, most of the friendly faces are still here to a degree. I have never really seen new members be treated badly, but you have a have some thickness to your skin. There is banter in all walks of life and as long is it is not overstepping the mark, I don't see a problem.

Place needs a facelift, DB is going to be awesome and I will attend a few meets over the summer, locally and nationally. Even though I sold my car in 2015, I have always been made welcome.

Onwards...!!

See, we even make beetle drivers welcome! ;)

it's all about 'in real life' :)

Couple ideas I think may help club and members is

1. Remove the lifetime membership so everyone pays £10 a year that should help build club finances up.

2. Also have local mods to organise few local meets throughout the year so local members can meet up an chat plus puts face to names, and then in turn that may also make the bigger events even bigger as more members feel welcome and people know each other better.

Couple ideas I think may help club and members is

1. Remove the lifetime membership so everyone pays £10 a year that should help build club finances up.

2. Also have local mods to organise few local meets throughout the year so local members can meet up an chat plus puts face to names, and then in turn that may also make the bigger events even bigger as more members feel welcome and people know each other better.

1) Many of is have said this multiple times over the years.

There are several of us that constantly say we would be happy to pay this every year.

In fact, Bear and I collared JB about this last year at S Club.

However, there are probably some/many that wouldn’t be happy, since they do have lifetime membership.

Also this ‘could’ deter old and bold members from staying around.

2) There are several threads in the events section about “local” meets.

I’m not actually sure we have enough mods to cover all “local” meets lol

Members are however free to post in the events section.

local mods to organise few local meets throughout the year so local members can meet up an chat plus puts face to names

Local mods to set up mailing lists. So rather than checking the often quiet, local forum frequently, you can sign up to receive emails that would then direct you to the latest local meet thread.

On this forum and others, the amount of times I've seen "can't believe I missed/didn't spot/didn't know about this" in the pics thread following an event.