The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone actually care about this site any longer?

rider

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al,

You and your ranted quotes are probably the reason people are leaving this club. Do everyone on here a favour and just calm down. If you want to continue making yourself look a little silly, by all means do so.

I'm really struggling with your passion for the aggression that seams to come out in your posts on threads, especially when you don't agree, or understand what's actually being said.

Everyone on here will be able to see what I've written, I used your quote because I wanted to add my comments to it, do you accept / agree a quote can be used that way? If your answer is yes, then you'll see I didn't say, what you said I said, and therefore you misquoted me.

Your anger was very prominent in our previous encounter, and I'm glad that you eventually realised it and apologised. I never said you apologised for being wrong, or that I was right. We had a disagreement / difference of opinion and you became offensive and angry, just like you have again, so another own goal on your side.

Many thanks for showing me and the forum who I really am, to be honest Al, I think the forum is more likely to see you.

I'm glad that I don't mean anything to you, I'm not sure I'd be able to sleep at night knowing that I was causing you some type of emotional trauma that could potentially make you even more unsettled and even more angry.

I'd have a wee think about something calming before you reply, looking forward to your response.

Yeah there is a trait, but it’s you who’s unable to read.

Again, I’ve already shown you where you said that after directly quoting me, not sure if you know how quotes work.

Think you’re mistaken, I didn’t apologise to you because I thought you were right, in fact I never said I was wrong, I said sorry for carrying on and getting angry.

This time I’m not sorry, I’ve worked out who the bully is and you’re pathetic.

I’ve shown you for what you are, I’ve shown the forum too, it’s clear in black and white.

I don’t need an apology from you, you don’t matter to me, you mean nothing.

You’re not even a jolt in my daily life, that’s how little you mean to me.

I can do this all day long, if you want I can take another screenshot of your words and post them up for you to see again if you want??

Those who get personal should probably ask themselves why they are ranting away at a LCD or Plasma screen. Individuals assuming the role of forum police and sometimes even call for bans on individuals they claim to not particularly like is nothing peculiar to this forum, it happens all the time.

If the mods are content to let aggressive language run in threads then it is going to affect how a forum operates where paid up members have three choices; conform, leave or just see it for what it is.

Those who get personal should probably ask themselves why they are ranting away at a LCD or Plasma screen. Individuals assuming the role of forum police and sometimes even call for bans on individuals they claim to not particularly like is nothing peculiar to this forum, it happens all the time.

If the mods are content to let aggressive language run in threads then it is going to affect how a forum operates where paid up members have three choices; conform, leave or just see it for what it is.

Oh poor you :(

I'll gladly meet you in person to discuss the reasons why I personally dislike you, you up for that?

Blimey,

I didn't think I'd ever say this,,,,,,, but I actually agree with you.

So, from now on, I'll be making PMs instead of trying to reason with total choppers on threads.

Personally I just dont like the part where you have to pay to become a member to access some parts of the forum. Especially when supraforums.com (the holy bible when it come to out cars) is totally free of charge.

On top of that SF.com is easier to navigate and a lot of experienced tuners who still active and give free advice to the community. For example Cody Philips, Alpha, Vlad, Tony (Silverbullet) and Larry just to name a few.

However that forum is going downhill as well, mainly due facebook. But the community is much larger than over here and there is still tons of info to find.

I think this site need more active traders who share their knowledge to the community to be able to survive these days. And let new members access every part of the forum. Even if it’s only accessable by a certain amount of posts.

Personally I just dont like the part where you have to pay to become a member to access some parts of the forum. Especially when supraforums.com (the holy bible when it come to out cars) is totally free of charge.

On top of that SF.com is easier to navigate and a lot of experienced tuners who still active and give free advice to the community. For example Cody Philips, Alpha, Vlad, Tony (Silverbullet) and Larry just to name a few.

However that forum is going downhill as well, mainly due facebook. But the community is much larger than over here and there is still tons of info to find.

Who want's to talk to Americans though :D

After reading this thread I see what people mean regarding pictures in their own threads/posts on the forum.

This took me ages to do (mainly due to incompetence I imagine) and AndrewoW spent a lot of time formatting the thread too, sadly it caused arguments about the content, but at least it had a load of nice cars to look at :D

It's a shame tons of pictures are missing now.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?279938-MKiv-Supra-forum-s-best-cars-picture-thread-plus-spec

Personally I just dont like the part where you have to pay to become a member to access some parts of the forum.

I presume they get £££'s from advertising? Been a while since I looked over the pond.

IIRC there's been various issues with regards to heavy weight advertisers over there historically? One thing I love is that mkivsupra.net club has remained fiercely independent without selling out down a commercial route.

• 4 weeks later...

I still use is as I don't have Facebook can't be arsed with knowing if your dogs had a shit for the first time today or if you debating whether to walk the school run or be a lazy tw#t and take the car.

Although I had to admit I don't use the forum as much since I stopped using the supra as a daily drive