The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone actually care about this site any longer?

rider

I never said members who hate this forum, I said people.

There are many, many supra owners that aren’t members.

So again, there are many people who hate this forum, I could name you a dozen who use the selling sites/supra pages on Facebook but refuse to use the forum, hell I’ve gotten into a few debates with them about it.

I never said you said that Al,

So,,,

Please, read my post again before you start getting all defensive. Just calm your jets before replying in haste, my post didn't actually warrant a reply from you at all.

But congratulations on proving my point about increasing your post count.......... I'm sure you've got everyone's attention now.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said you said that Al,

So,,,

Please, read my post again before you start getting all defensive. Just calm your jets before replying in haste, my post didn't actually warrant a reply from you at all.

But congratulations on proving my point about increasing your post count.......... I'm sure you've got everyone's attention now.

Yes you did.

The proof is on your comment, see below circled in red :rlol:

You literally said those exact words, actually, it’s word for word!!

And you quoted me directly, so yes that does warrant a reply when you’re wrong.

Just so we’re clear, me telling you you’re wrong and informing you of your lies is not bullying.

[ATTACH]225592[/ATTACH]

I've not read all the posts in this thread in making this comment, so I apologise if this is repetition.

Given the imminent release of the new Supra - let's work on the assumption that it is going to be a Supra!

Could we not look to expand the forum to MKV members? Many owners clubs cover various generations of the same model.

There are group buy stickies from years ago and trader sections from 'membership expired' traders and in this section we have the essential 'recommend me android apps' from 2010.
You're absolutely right. If you'd like to review the traders section and compile a list of links to threads that should be removed due to expired memberships etc, and any other now obsolete stickies in other sections, post them up here with details of why they need removing and I'll be more than happy to remove them.

You're absolutely right. If you'd like to review the traders section and compile a list of links to threads that should be removed due to expired memberships etc, and any other now obsolete stickies in other sections, post them up here with details of why they need removing and I'll be more than happy to remove them.

I understand perhaps the way Rider has gone about making his point might not have been the best way to do it. But there is some truth in what has been discussed in this thread. Members (and not just me) are calling for a review of the forum, the moderation team and events team. Im not entirely sure its been taken seriously by the current teams.

Maybe it is and we just don't know about it but there is no communication with the forum members about the forum, theres a plan to get it upgraded apparently but all the members currently know is 'its a plan'

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't we plenty already with the amount of BMW gearbox conversions going on ;)

:rlol:

I'm so sick of the whole facebook thing!

There are numerous members that don't have/want facebook and therefor are almost discriminated against when club related stuff is only or primarily on facebook. I've lost count the number times I've been told about something on facebook for sale but not advertised on forum for example.

Surely facebook should be an extension of the forum rather than alternative. I.e. main posts on here and then facebook links back to the forum. That way forum members get to see it, it'll help traffic to the forum and would pull in new members too.

All of which will make the forum more active and better in my opinion.

I heard from a IT guy that he done a school event and FACEBOOK was mentioned and some of the kids never heard of it lol ! The ones that did say they only know FB though there parents

I couldn't believe it ! lol

He says Facebook is dying and its the late 20s to 40s only tend to use it now

The young ones use whats app/Instagram and snapchat

I can assure you it is. There's a lot of discussion going on behind the scenes. While that's not a tangible result you can see or feel just yet, the ball is very much rolling.

Ok understood and tbh i expected that would be the case. But my point still stands that unless the information that those conversations are going on is conveyed to the members then threads like this and people continuing to try and make their point will continue going on. Im sure you will agree all that is going to do is infuriate the current teams and I can sense from Branners, Al and Burna it perhaps already is which im sure from the majority of members is not the objective.

Ok understood and tbh i expected that would be the case. But my point still stands that unless the information that those conversations are going on is conveyed to the members then threads like this ad people continuing to try and make their point will continue going on. Im sure you will agree all that is going to do is infuriate the current teams and I can sense from Al and Burna it perhaps already is which im sure from the majority of members is not the objective.

:thumbs: it's a delicate balance but we'll do our best to keep everyone informed as and why decisions are made.

I mean you look at the bottom of the site, no one has even bothered to update the "MKIV Supra owners club copy write date statement since 2012.
I've fixed that for you, and future proofed it, so the site should be good to continue as-is for another couple of years now. :)

Ok understood and tbh i expected that would be the case. But my point still stands that unless the information that those conversations are going on is conveyed to the members then threads like this and people continuing to try and make their point will continue going on. Im sure you will agree all that is going to do is infuriate the current teams and I can sense from Branners, Al and Burna it perhaps already is which im sure from the majority of members is not the objective.

You are infuriating me as you keep interrupting me trying to syphon off and spend as much of the business funds I can on the holiday (Dragonball) and the weekend that would embarrass Caligula (S-Club Party) before the crack down :D

You are infuriating me as you keep interrupting me trying to syphon off and spend as much of the business funds I can on the holiday (Dragonball) and the weekend that would embarrass Caligula (S-Club Party) before the crack down :D

Sorry my bad, ill join you for beers on the holiday, are we picking up the Yacht in Monaco after said Holiday?