The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone actually care about this site any longer?

rider

Local mods to set up mailing lists. So rather than checking the often quiet, local forum frequently, you can sign up to receive emails that would then direct you to the latest local meet thread.

On this forum and others, the amount of times I've seen "can't believe I missed/didn't spot/didn't know about this" in the pics thread following an event.

That’s why I use new posts.

Never miss any post ever and don’t have to worry about what section to look in to see something.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’s why I use new posts.

Never miss any post ever and don’t have to worry about what section to look in to see something.

I do the same TBH. But then again I'll check the forum daily at least so won't miss much.

To grow the forum, both online and at meets/events, it needs to be more helpful to those that DON'T visit daily.

I do the same TBH. But then again I'll check the forum daily at least so won't miss much.

To grow the forum, both online and at meets/events, it needs to be more helpful to those that DON'T visit daily.

I agree and disagree, people are either interested or not, if they are then they can make a little effort to check the site, if they aren’t then quiet honestly you can’t do a lot more to get them to pay attention....

I post a thread up in our local sw thread and pm email all local guys about meets shows

Upto them if they read it then

/QUOTE]

We need one of you per region in the UK ;).

I'm not having a go, but how does one get added to/find out about said email list? Would it be obvious to a newcomer?

I'm thinking the forum would benefit from something more standardised across regions.

I.e. National events-->England East-->Local Meets.

Then there's an option to receive notifications for local events and lists the local events organisers.

I agree and disagree, people are either interested or not, if they are then they can make a little effort to check the site

That's kind of my point. Do you just want die hard Supra fans coming to meets? Or do you also want to encourage others who like cars, who happen to have chosen a Supra but have very busy lives otherwise. Visiting the site often and finding out about these things is easy for me as I have a) a lot of spare time and b) a passion for Supras in particular.

Those who aren't the same as me, but own a Supra should be encouraged to come along to events. Otherwise certain individuals start using the word clique to describe us :)

When you pm if they have said they want email notification also they will get both

Again it's down to the individual

When I joined many years ago there was nobody who bothered to do anything

It's only when I started to organise meets and shows in Cornwall and Devon more people got involved

We are very active down here and many have joined us from other regions

Spend a day away and it kicks off. All mobiles and tablets should be banned, forum works fab on my PC! Never use faceache or instashite either.

Serious note its not bad to use in browser on smart phone, have never used Tapatalk.

And OY my third year of payment is due lifer on its way :p

Nice to see this thread back on track and that handbags are back in place and hair pulling all stopped now.

Remember we are all on here because of common ground/interest that is our Supras and to support each other on that point.

I do think the op had good meaning and was not intended to ruffle any feathers.

My forum ideas:

1. Every 2 weeks sending a latest thread activity email out to all members via email (the mkiiisupra.net forum does this and always prompts me to log in and take a look)

2. Try and get more new mods on board and get rid of some dead wood.

3. Maybe a more modern looking site will look more welcoming and promote more use.

4. Enable the pay membership much easier to access as I found it hard to find and not obvious.

5. Do the traders have to pay for advertising as this may be a route to go down even external companies like insurance etc?

I would like to see in the members section development and ideas section for the forum and progress updates.

Favebook has its place but I really do not like it this is my only forum I am a member on and it will remain that way especially whilst I own a Supra and they are not going anywhere as they are part of me

It works fine in browser mode on my iPhone too but prefer a big screen on a proper pc

I have no idea but can uploads to s forum ever be made as easy as it is to say what’s app?

Unfortunately I run a business so cannot really give any more than just be an active member.

Trust burna tobe the naughty boy. At least the hairdresser car went.

/QUOTE]

Do you mean mine Wiggy? If so, she is still in the garage..!!

I too would pay to keep my membership open. If you look at what we have just thrown at DB, fuel etc, it really isn't worth mentioning. Just pay it.!

H.

The scrapping life membership is a good idea and I also would be happy to pay each year. However in order for that to happen I think a few things need to change. People that dont agree with it then they dont have to renew their membership :thumbs:

1) New moderators

2) More open communication from the mod team to the members, its been said forum upgrades have been worked on for months as an example. Until this thread only the people that have access too the Events & Moderators sections knew anything about it.

If the Mods team want help with the forum or anything then they only need to ask - there are 10s of members I know would be happy to help out in any way needed.

Just going through the list of who's in charge we have :

2 event organisers that have not even logged in since 2016 and 4 that ive never seen contribute anything to the forum.

2 Yellow Mods that have not logged in since the middle of 2017

1 SuperMod thats not been online for over 3 months

I can understand both sides of the 'lifetime membership' discussion, but instead of scrapping it, why not introduce an additional 'premium membership'. Not sure what extras you could include, but maybe a calendar, first refusal on tickets for club events like S club party, Dragonball etc?

5. Do the traders have to pay for advertising as this may be a route to go down even external companies like insurance etc?

I would like to see in the members section development and ideas section for the forum and progress updates.

Yes, hence why the traders apply for the status and we, the members approve them.

That’s how the club can afford to pay for events and give reduced costs on events too.

There is a whole section dedicated to suggestions.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/forumdisplay.php?58-Club-Suggestions

I can understand both sides of the 'lifetime membership' discussion, but instead of scrapping it, why not introduce an additional 'premium membership'. Not sure what extras you could include, but maybe a calendar, first refusal on tickets for club events like S club party, Dragonball etc?

Only problem with a premium membership and first refusal is if everybody pays for premium, everyone has first refusal so not really worth it.

And if we get a free calendar, surely that would eat into the money raised?

The scrapping life membership is a good idea and I also would be happy to pay each year. However in order for that to happen I think a few things need to change. People that dont agree with it then they dont have to renew their membership :thumbs:

1) New moderators

2) More open communication from the mod team to the members, its been said forum upgrades have been worked on for months as an example. Until this thread only the people that have access too the Events & Moderators sections knew anything about it.

If the Mods team want help with the forum or anything then they only need to ask - there are 10s of members I know would be happy to help out in any way needed.

Just going through the list of who's in charge we have :

2 event organisers that have not even logged in since 2016 and 4 that ive never seen contribute anything to the forum.

2 Yellow Mods that have not logged in since the middle of 2017

1 SuperMod thats not been online for over 3 months

Maybe a shake up or the structure is needed? Maybe rotate the jobs out?