DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I really enjoyed the Dragonball

but unfortunately I found out the Turbo's that were on the TT transplant from Whifbitz, are no good, looks like the Oil Seals are totally shot

Burnt through 2 litres of Oil in under 1000 miles and my Intercooler is very heavily coated in oil

So looks like I will be spending out again in the near future or just taking the Supra off the road for a while

If I can get a decent set of 2nd hand ones, I maybe able to afford to go that route, but at £1000 plus for a refurb, then the refurb route wil put the Supra off the road for the rest of the year I guess

And to think I went TT rather than NA-T for the reliability, well I guess you live and learn who to buy stuff off in life

Next time I will be more patient I think and stick to my 1st choice for work on my car, however long it is going to take

How many miles have you done since the TT transplant?

Sorry to hear about the problems your having dude, car does look awesome though, especially loving the wheels, I would suggest the refurbished route tbh as getting a second hand set could land you in the same situation, could even get hybrids as well perhaps :D

That will be the long term plan I think, but if I can get some decent 2nd hand one, it means not having to take it off the road for the summer

How many miles have you done since the TT transplant?

Well I did 1000 miles on the Dragonball, plus about 250 to get it home from Whifbitz and I would guess around another 200/300 miles of local mileage

When I came back from Whifbitz the weather was crap, so pretty much no boosting, plus I wasn't used to the TT set up and Jen was with me in her car

I got a couple of short video's, there not the best to be honest, so I will trying to get some more soon

The Supra is TT BPU, for the musical tones it has Kakimoto 3 inch exhaust, full decat, TRD panel filter and HKS SSQV dump valve

Enjoy

And some new pics

- - - Updated - - -

And one last one of Jen actually driving my Supra on the way home from the Dragonball, 1st time since the transplant and lets just say she is a boost junkie, the SatNav seems to be lighting up Red a lot

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

loving the pictures, I think I will go spoilerless, loving that look.

I am in the same boat as you my tubbys are gone, will keep you posted on how much mine are going to cost to repair.

Thanks a lot

Although I am sort of spoilerless, I have a lip spoiler that has been modified and then extended over the Stock spoiler fitting holes, then a serious amount of blending

Have to give ShellShocked there due for this one, I described what I was after with the lip spoiler and they made it exactly as the picture was in my mind, it looks like it could of been there out of the Toyota factory

Looks like I have source some 2nd hand J-Specs, just need to start saving to get it upto SRD now for them to swap them over

Decided after PM'ing LeeP and his guidance not to waste £1000 on refurbed ones

Good luck with yours, keep us informed how you get on with it

Ah right thought it looked slightly different from stock, looks really good ;-)

Have a go yourself mate unless you rely on your car, I have, mine is in bits, yes its a pain in the ass but its rewarding. I doubt I will find a 2nd hand set, seems like there are a few people looking for them on here. Guess ill just throw up a wanted post myself.

As for leeP's insight into not refurbing, should I know something? lol

Those LED's look good. I have done my complete rear lights and they are a pain - the resistance is low so brings up the rear light out And I tried UK seller ones and they don't work so have to use cheap Chinese ones. Will be interested to see what the end result is though .

Ah right thought it looked slightly different from stock, looks really good ;-)

Have a go yourself mate unless you rely on your car, I have, mine is in bits, yes its a pain in the ass but its rewarding. I doubt I will find a 2nd hand set, seems like there are a few people looking for them on here. Guess ill just throw up a wanted post myself.

As for leeP's insight into not refurbing, should I know something? lol

I don't have anywhere under cover, otherwise I would consider doing it myself

Pm'ed regarding the Refurbed Turbo bit

Those LED's look good. I have done my complete rear lights and they are a pain - the resistance is low so brings up the rear light out And I tried UK seller ones and they don't work so have to use cheap Chinese ones. Will be interested to see what the end result is though .

On the rear it is just the Reversing and number plate bulbs by the looks of the kit, but I will update as I get them installed

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an Update really, but I got my parcel from the US today

Many thanks to the guys at Ikonic for doing me a good deal with the shipping etc

I will get some pics up when I get them fitted

I believe they are working on some other bulbs and colours as well

They can be found here, they are just starting out, but are car enthusiasts first off

http://www.ikonikled.com/

https://www.facebook.com/ikonikled

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the Supra has been at SRD in the very capable hands off Lee P for the last couple of weeks

Had the Turbo's changed, so no more smoke puffs

I also got Lee to go over the whole car and check everything, found a few bits that needed correcting from the Transplant, which have now been done

Other than transplant bits, the only other thing Lee found was a little play in one of the rear suspension arms, so that will be sorted next time, as it's nothing desperate at this point

So as my bill didn't go up drastically I got Lee to fit a new SRD Radiator and Twin Fan Kit as I still had my N/A Rad in there

Go to pick it back up tomorrow and have a chat with Lee about the next upgrades:D and what bits to look out for

Couple of pics Lee sent me,

I have to say at this point, (although I obviously have not got the car back yet), Lee has been great, kept in touch with me non stop with info as he found stuff and pics etc

The bill is less than I thought it was going to be and he has done a lot of things on the car that I didn't ask him to, which by the bill he can't be charging me for

As an Example

My exhaust was blowing, which I new before taking it in and I mentioned it to Lee when I dropped off the car.

I said not to worry about it, as it was something he would obviously spot during the checks, I would get it sorted at home or I may change it anyway

Well I guess Lee was not happy to let it drive out of his place with a blowing exhaust lol as he found it was blowing in a few places, so removed it all and got it sorted and refitted properly

A real credit to this club and just a nice guy on top

Thanks everyone above, just a little update about my day collecting the Supra from Lee P (SRD) today

Well we left at silly o'clock this morning and eventually got to SRD at about 10-15am

Anyway on to the good bits, Lee took me through the bits that had been sorted and few things for next time and we had a general chat about the future development of my car:D:taped: (anyway that's being kept quiet for now)

We are stood looking into the engine bay, as we do with our Supra and hear the rumble of Scott turning up for a nosey, good to see you again mate, sorry we couldn't stop longer and have a proper chat

After about an hour Jen manages to get me out of SRD and into the Supra to leave, first of all I notice Lee has not only cleaned my Supra, but he has even gelled the tyres (awesomeness lol)

As we drive off down the drive with the stupidly harsh speed bumps:taped:, in between them I can here a much loader whine from the Turbo's trying to spin up, this surprises me a bit, as it was not even really noticeable before

Anyway eventually we get out onto the Dual Carriageway, so I drop back from Jen and ease in the power in 2nd, I notice straight away it seems to be pulling much better than I remember it ever doing before, then the 2nd Turbo rolls in and well I just loose all traction, it was wet and I just assume the tyres are still a bit cold, so I try again but in 3rd, this time it's exactly the same but I do manage to feather the throttle to gain enough traction to keep pushing. It now spins up the rears in 4th as well :badidea:

My Supra now feels totally different, I have no idea what was wrong with it before, Lee has done quite a lot of different bits and pieces, he said he will have a proper look over the old Turbo's when he has the chance to see if they were totally shot

It is a shame I never got the chance to get any power figures before and after, the power and delivery are now totally different so I feel I have got a totally new build now

I am over the moon, just need to learn how to drive it again now

A huge thanks to SRD and Lee for sorting my Supra out, really can't praise him enough

and Jen for driving up and back twice

• 3 weeks later...

Well I am in Florida at the moment, so the Supra is having a break

But I am popping to Titan next week to pick up a couple of little bits

Decided to revert the engine bay back to black and polished and go away from the coloured silicone hoses etc

- - - Updated - - -

Well I am in Florida at the moment, so the Supra is having a break

But I am popping to Titan next week to pick up a couple of little bits

Decided to revert the engine bay back to black and polished and go away from the coloured silicone hoses etc