How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ariel Mast done today, very easy job, unfortunately have guests today, so no more time on the Supra again

To do list....................

Get it through the MOT (put a Cat back on etc)

Refurb, get tyres and fit my new wheels Volks GT-N 18x11j and 10j 4 1/2 inch rear dish, 3 1/2 inch front dish

Sort out the coilover height

Make a custom set of arch liners for the fronts with 2 sets of standard liners

get the cigarette and ignition Blue LED from Heckler

Do the custom Dash panel to hold an iPhone 3GS for the Tunes (probably won't get to this before the Dragonball)

Oil Filter and Oil change

Replace the HID Fogs with normal ones

Remove the front bumper, touch up the paint on the inner ducting

Remove the Intercooler, make a bracket so it sits lower and mount it on anti vibration mounts

Move the Intercooling hard pipe into the bumper further to allow the arch trim to be pulled further in to stop the scrubing

Fit the Stock Stereo brackets and replace the Dash Panel, so the Stereo sits inside the Dash Panel to tidy it up

Clean and polish the engine bay, including trying to get a more polished look to the throttle body and Intake

Replace stock front speaker with the Bose ones I have just got

Put new Ariel Mast in

Fit Blue LED window switches

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Put the 2nd Cat back on today for the MOT in a couple of weeks, but had a bit of a bad surprise

I had to start the Supra and move it onto the blocks to get the Jack under

When I went to get under the car I noticed a line of fluid towards the rear of the car

I then noticed it was dripping from the join in the exhaust, it was water/condensation that should be coming out the back

So I ended up having to remove the whole exhaust and found the flanges were really out of shape (bent???),

I ended up having to Dremel the flanges back very slowly and get them back enough to get a seal with a gasket and gum

It took me about 3 hours, admittedly the Dremel wasn't the speediest tool I could of had, but it was better than my other option which was a file Lol

Anyway took the chance to re polish the back box while it was off, as the diffuser makes it really hard to get at while it's on the car

I will have to do a few more bits tomorrow now as it took so long, but least the forecast is good for most of the day

Oil change and set up the coilovers is the plan for tomorrow, o and sort out the fog lights and tidy the headlight wiring up

To do list....................

Get it through the MOT (put a Cat back on etc)

Refurb, get tyres and fit my new wheels Volks GT-N 18x11j and 10j 4 1/2 inch rear dish, 3 1/2 inch front dish

get the cigarette and ignition Blue LED from Heckler

Do the custom Dash panel to hold an iPhone 3GS for the Tunes (probably won't get to this before the Dragonball)

Remove the Intercooler, make a bracket so it sits lower and mount it on anti vibration mounts

Move the Intercooling hard pipe into the bumper further to allow the arch trim to be pulled further in to stop the scrubing

Fit the Stock Stereo brackets and replace the Dash Panel, so the Stereo sits inside the Dash Panel to tidy it up

Clean and polish the engine bay, including trying to get a more polished look to the throttle body and Intake

Put new Ariel Mast in

Fit Blue LED window switches

Brave man, doing it in the house

Lots of hard graft goes into polishing rims you maybe better with a machine polisher and some cutting compound, takes away most of the arm work

Yeah my arm and fingers are aching, but going and spending £100 plus on a polisher would mean I might as well send them to Ibrar, which I would love to do, but I am skint for the minute

Jen was out for the day?

Jen is currently at B&Q deciding on which tool to use for burying Rog!! :D

Of course Jen was out, she has to work every day to keep me in the lifestyle I am used to lol

Although she came home from work and took the pic, so I think I am safe

Hope she doesn't read that

I got a mop/sander/polisher from toolstation for about £30-40 quid silver(something) was the brand, good enough for stuff like this

It will save you alot of grief theres cheaper ones available too

This one below is the one it has 5/6 speed settings too

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Power+Tools/Polishers/Sander+Polisher+180mm+230V/d40/sd3309/p84532

Edited by safcdixon (see edit history)

I got a mop/sander/polisher from toolstation for about £30-40 quid silver(something) was the brand, good enough for stuff like this

It will save you alot of grief theres cheaper ones available too

This one below is the one it has 5/6 speed settings too

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Power+Tools/Polishers/Sander+Polisher+180mm+230V/d40/sd3309/p84532

That looks like a good buy for the money, think I am going to have to get one, I am not sure I have the will to do all 4 wheels like this

Spent a few days on this one now and it still has some slight pitting marks left

What sort of pads and cutting compound should I be looking at getting, need to be able get rid of the pitting and then polish them back to a mirror polish

Well I just went with a polishing wheel for the drill

Although I have not quite finished yet and I am going to have to except that I am not going to get rid of the pitting until I can afford to send them to Ibrar

They have come up okay, I need to go over them by hand, as I have a few fine scratches from the drill

This is the one I have only given a quick wash

And the one I am working on

Great job, try britemax metal polish is great stuff aswell.

Yeah got some already

Will be going over the lip a few times with the Easy Cut and then a couple of times with the Final Shine

Bit annoyed I can't do something about the pitting, but I guess that's how the likes of Ibrar earn there money

Not having much work is really hard on the pocket, but it means I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with these wheels now

Weather permitting and they could be finished at the weekend, then I just need to sort out the coilovers to allow these hugely dished rims partly under my arches:cool:

To do list is getting a bit shorter

Get it through the MOT (put a Cat back on etc) then removed again

Put new Ariel Mast in

Fit Blue LED window switches and try and get the cigarette and ignition Blue LED from Heckler

Full Wash and Wax

- - - Updated - - -

Looking good Rog :thumbs:

Those wheels are lovely Rog, good work so far on the refurb

Thanks guys

Well I now have 3 wheels done, but the Drill has given up on me, just totally died

So next purchase is a new drill, gutted to have not got the last wheel done, as I wanted all next weekend to spend adjusting the coilovers

Time is going to be really against me now to get the new wheels on in time for the Dragonball

Still need to do Oil and filter change and take off the front bumper and re-cut the inner ducting to get the fitment better as well, so I think the wheels are going to have to take a back seat possibly until after the Dragonball now