The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

Great to hear the car's sorted mate.

I'm living down Exeter in 2 weeks so as soon as I'm free in the evenings on a dry'ish night have to come take me for a spin :)

Yeah definately up for that bud, give me a shout when your settled in

Good shout on the colour choice Rog :)

Just decided to stay along a simple theme and black and shiny just seems the obvious way

Sometimes the simple way is the best, well for my build anyway, as I always wanted the not quite stock look

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We'll no physical updates as I am still in Florida, but I have been to Titan and picked up these, unfortunately I couldn't get everything I was after as it was not in stock. My fault for not pre ordering

Not really part of my build but I have had these done as well

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
Very nice, gotta love the bling. You will be doing tucks and smoothing in no time :D

Cars looking very smart too, how she been running lately since srd did the work? All good i hope

Won't be tucking as such, but may do a Battery relocate and Oil Filter move

Cars running absolutely superb, still need to put a few things right that are bodged or missing from the transplant, but nothing critical, so it can wait until it goes in to SRD for the next install:taped:

I knew about the Pulleys, but I was not intending to go down the Blue route, but after a bit of thought, I have come up with a possibly cunning plan:sly:

sounds expensive, lol. jen must love you!

You know how much I like this car roger! Will be watching with interest and can't wait to see it on dragonball

Thanks Alex

I won't be doing anything major between now and the Dragonball, just some tidy up stuff and general cosmetic stuff

I do have a plan for the engine bay, not sure how it will work, but I fancy doing something different, not sure many will like it on here

The idea is to go against the subtleness of the exterior and give a surprise under the bonnet for the Shows

Looking forward to catching up with you and the Hybrid SRD500S, I will be interested to get your feedback on it after you have had it a while

Thanks Alex

I won't be doing anything major between now and the Dragonball, just some tidy up stuff and general cosmetic stuff

I do have a plan for the engine bay, not sure how it will work, but I fancy doing something different, not sure many will like it on here

The idea is to go against the subtleness of the exterior and give a surprise under the bonnet for the Shows

Looking forward to catching up with you and the Hybrid SRD500S, I will be interested to get your feedback on it after you have had it a while

Sounds good dude! Will look forward to it

• 1 month later...

Long time since I did anything on the Supra, really let it go over the last few months, but the Dragonball is edging ever closer and the weather was actually good today

Well I have so many bits and pieces sat in the Conservatory for the Supra, it's really getting a bit nuts, but first up I needed to fix a coolant leak

So I sorted that yesterday and put on a SRD Polished Rad Pipe at the same time

I also have not put anything up, but I had SRD put on their Electric Twin Speed Fan Kit, Alloy Expansion Tank and Alloy Radiator (as I was still running an N/A one)

Anyway, today has been spent give the Supra a decent clean for the first time this winter, can't believe how bad I have let the wheels get

The above pic is very embarrassing, but they come up ok again with a bit of Autosol below, just need to go over them all again to get them back properly

Gave the engine bay a quick once over as well, but I am going to try and go over the whole car again in the next couple of weeks

Also on a side note, I am still after some engine bay bits, so I can get on with my engine bay project

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?300715-Really-need-an-OEM-TT-Airbox-and-other-Engine-Bay-Bits-Etc

Plan to start getting back into the polishing over the next few weeks, I have the Inlet, Throttle body, Auxiliary Belt Tensioner and Power Steering Tank to do and may do the Top Water Neck, if anyone has a spare for a decent price, let me know please

• 4 weeks later...

Well this winter has probably been my slowest for doing anything on the Supra, but I have a few things in the pipeline

Off up to Wales to get some bits from Mace, Uk Bonnet, Uk rear bumper and a full set of Uk Brakes with braided lines

So before the Dragonball the Supra is off to see Jared, who is the guy that ran Shellshocked, but now owns and runs Dip Demons, well actually it is going in 2 weeks and should be back before the end of March, so the first outing will be the Portland Run http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?300023-Portland-Run-date-is-Sunday-6th-April

Going in for the bonnet to be done and rear bumper, plus a bit of tidy up work

As a few of you will have seen, I have been collecting lots of the under bonnet plastics ( still after a couple of bits http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?300715-Really-need-an-OEM-TT-Airbox-Connection-and-other-Engine-Bay-Bits-Etc) for something totally different to be done

Still keeping this quiet at the moment, but today I have seen the first pic of a finished part and I think I am going to love it, I know I will get some haters on here when it is seen, but really fancied something totally different

Anyway, should have a fair few updates in the next month or so

Also got a misfire after a coolant leak, but hoping to cure it with replacement Coilpacks or Plugs this weekend

Can't wait to see the updates rog :thumbs: how come your changing the bonnet and etc?

The bonnet is for a couple of reasons Alex,

I fancy a change and quite like the smoothness when I had a stock bonnet for a week or so

My Carbon one could do with a respray, as I have a few bubbles appearing around the area we cut to fit the Aero catches, thoughts are the we didn't seal the cut edges properly and some water is getting in under the paint, so I have to respray a bonnet anyway, as I am that anal lol

Also with the new under bonnet theme, I want to be able to leave the bonnet up at shows and the carbon one flaps in the wind a bit

And last but not least, with all the polished bits in there, I want to reduce the water ingress

Interested to see what your doing under the bonnet mate! Will be keeping an eye on your thread. :)

I wood definitely keep an eye out for this lol, it is certainly going to be different and unexpected lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well spent the morning do a few things in prep for the bodyshop drop off

One of which was to change the Coilpacks (thanks to Slutters for them), it seems to of cured the misfire, so that was nice and easy for a change

dropped of the remaining parts for the Engine bay

So the Supra is in for

UK Rear Bumper sprayed and fitted

Uk Bonnet, sprayed

Repair to the front wing, due to a hairline crack coming back after the damage was repaired from last year

Repair to the Rear Spat crack, on going issue, but it is being taken apart and sorted with Fibreglass this time, so touch wood it will hold this time

Due to the amount of bits being painted, Jared is just going to respray the whole of the drivers side of the car and blend into the other side and roof pillars and then re buff the whole car

So my Supra is going to look a bit different than it left and this is the last pic of the engine bay looking normal lol