The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

Well I have had no work again for the past 2 days, which is a pain money wise, but it has given me a chance to catch up on the Supra stuff

So I have had all the front end off the Supra and adjusted the front coilovers, done an Oil and Filter change (this is made so much easier when you have done the Aircon delete), Aircon Delete (all pipework to the bulkhead, Rad and Pump), moved the Intercooler Pipework so it does not scrub on the wheel

Had a major issue getting the bracket off the Aircon Pump, ended up just using total brute force, if you look at the pulley and the bit to the right of it, they give an idea of the effort and force I had to use

I reckon it took me about 3 hours to get the bracket off

The normal Rad was in really good condition behind the Aircon Rad, which is good to know

Proberbly the most I have stripped the Supra back, it's all back together now. I actually managed to get the front bumper aligned better, it's been really annoying me for ages

So the list is much shorter now, just need to try and get the last wheel refurbed, get the stretched tyres on, then adjust the rear Coilovers a touch (just upping the spring a bit) to stiffen them a bit

Then if all goes to plan get the wheels on the weekend after next and take it for a run to see if I get any scrubbing

If I am lucky 1st time they will be on for the Dragonball, any sign of scrubbing and I think I will have to not risk running them on the Dragonball

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Get it through the MOT (put a Cat back on etc) then removed again

Put new Ariel Mast in

Replace stock front speaker with the Bose ones I have just got

Refurb, get tyres and fit my new wheels Volks GT-N 18x11j and 10j 4 1/2 inch rear dish, 3 1/2 inch front dish

Sort out the coilover height (front done)

Make a custom set of arch liners for the fronts with 2 sets of standard liners

Fit Blue LED window switches and try and get the cigarette and ignition Blue LED from Heckler

Do the custom Dash panel to hold an iPhone 3GS for the Tunes (probably won't get to this before the Dragonball)

Oil Filter and Oil change

Replace the HID Fogs with normal ones

Remove the front bumper, touch up the paint on the inner ducting

Remove the Intercooler, make a bracket so it sits lower and mount it on anti vibration mounts

Move the Intercooling hard pipe into the bumper further to allow the arch trim to be pulled further in to stop the scrubbing

Fit the Stock Stereo brackets and replace the Dash Panel, so the Stereo sits inside the Dash Panel to tidy it up

Clean and polish the engine bay

Full Wash and Wax

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have a stock stereo cage Rog? If not, I've got a cage in the garage. Not sure if its a supra one, but happy to dig it out and look if you need one.

I have a Single Din unit and I am going to try and work out a way to fit it to the Stock brackets in the dash

Got the brackets recently as I didn't have any in my dash, just need to get the time to rip the dash out, not something I will be doing before the Dragonball now

To be honest I don't think I will be looking at doing it now until next winter, as I have a full Dash Panel Set hear as well, going to try and fit my old iPhone 3GS into it for my:music:

• 2 weeks later...
They look amazing !!!!!

Bling bling, you done a cracking job on polishing them!! Looks fantastic!

3 Hours to get the A/C bracket off :taped: I must be lucky as it took me about 3 minutes. The car looks great. It's nice to see the prep and the finished product :thumbs:

Cheers guys

I so wish it had only taken me a few minutes to get my A/C pump apart, my 70 year old neighbour helped me in the end

Nice rims! :cool:

Thanks Kaan

Looking good Rog :thumbs:

Just a shame that intake plenum isn't polished :(

Yeah I know bud, it's the next thing on the list, in fact already in motion

Rog I have an intake manifold that someone has half polished but it needs TLC. If I bring it on DB you can have it if you buy me beer on one of the evenings…. It needs some love but with time it could be very bling.

I will happily have it if your sure, I do have an intake and throttle body coming from Alex, but they are still totally stock.

So if yours has already been started that would give me a jump start

Well I really enjoyed the Dragonball

but unfortunately I found out the Turbo's that were on the TT transplant from Whifbitz, are no good, looks like the Oil Seals are totally shot

Burnt through 2 litres of Oil in under 1000 miles and my Intercooler is very heavily coated in oil

So looks like I will be spending out again in the near future or just taking the Supra off the road for a while

If I can get a decent set of 2nd hand ones, I maybe able to afford to go that route, but at £1000 plus for a refurb, then the refurb route wil put the Supra off the road for the rest of the year I guess

And to think I went TT rather than NA-T for the reliability, well I guess you live and learn who to buy stuff off in life

Next time I will be more patient I think and stick to my 1st choice for work on my car, however long it is going to take

Sorry to hear about the problems your having, it would be a real shame to take it off the road now that the weathers starting to get good.

Did the engine not come with any kind of warranty? And have you tried contacting Paul to see if he has a set of replacement turbos?

Car looked stunning rog and really gutted bout the turbo problem! Hopefully get it sorted ASAP for you mate

Thanks Alex, I am totally gutted to finally have the Supra close to where I want it and find out I got Sold duff Turbo's

Just hope I can get it sorted for the rest of the summer

Still want the original Photos' I ask for when you get 30 mins mate, I am in no hurry, just a gentle nudge;)

Sorry to hear about the problems your having, it would be a real shame to take it off the road now that the weathers starting to get good.

Did the engine not come with any kind of warranty? And have you tried contacting Paul to see if he has a set of replacement turbos?

Ignore my questions, just seen your wanted thread. Good luck with the search, I'll let you know if I find anything

Sorry should of put it in the post hear as well

Before anyone asks, Paul did say there was no warranty on 2nd hand stuff he provided, I have Pm'ed him about this and also another issue previously, the fact there is a wanted thread explains the rest

Thanks Alex, I am totally gutted to finally have the Supra close to where I want it and find out I got Sold duff Turbo's

Just hope I can get it sorted for the rest of the summer

Still want the original Photos' I ask for when you get 30 mins mate, I am in no hurry, just a gentle nudge;)

Sorry should of put it in the post hear as well

Before anyone asks, Paul did say there was no warranty on 2nd hand stuff he provided, I have Pm'ed him about this and also another issue previously, the fact there is a wanted thread explains the rest

Sorry rog I complete forgot haha, drop me a Facebook/pm with your email and ill just fire across all the pics I have of your car bud :thumbs: