The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

Was great to see you guys, car looks stunning , sounds awesome

Really good to meet you again Pulley, hopefully you will get your Hobbist Status soon as you are obviously a very knowledgable and skilled guy

It's a bit loader than I would like, but I did have a headache which proberbly wasn't helping, thanks for the compliments on the Supra and really glad my faithful N/A lump has gone to a good home (keep me updated on your build as well)

Well after a very long day today with an interesting drive home in my now TT BPU Supra I am shattered, big thanks to Paul and Darren at Whifbitz

I managed to get a couple of pics of my new engine bay before it got totally dark

It needs a proper clean and polish still.

I intend to try and give the Steer Reservoir, Throttle body and Intake a polish as well, they won't come up as well as the proffesionally blinged bits, but hopefully will look a bit better than now

I will also be painting the Sparkplug cover Black with Silver and blue highlights

Stock Airbox will be going in and I have also got a Bling Fan Shroud cover to come thanks to Jimmy James

http://just.razzi.me/photos/856633/90f15b8.jpg

http://just.razzi.me/photos/856632/a500803.jpg

http://just.razzi.me/photos/856632/a500803.jpg

http://just.razzi.me/photos/856631/9d98aed.jpg

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Knew you would give in to the bling! ;) Looks brilliant, bet the drive home was great fun indeed.

I have to keep it reasonable, as it takes me long enough to clean it for shows already :taped:

The drive home was awesome, except when my Fuel light came on 40 miles from the Shell garage:scared:

Looks stunning, sounded pretty throaty and had a lovely rumble :eyebrows:

The Exhaust tone is lovely, I could just do with it being a tad quieter for motorway cruising really, but I am getting old

Shame you didn't get to here it on full wot, I am surprised how much Turbo noise there is, but I guess that will reduce a bit when I put a Stock Airbox in

• 1 month later...

Well after a very hectic couple of months and basically not having a Christmas as such, I finally got a few hours to myself today and it was only passing showers

So I spent a few hours on the Supra, as it's been very neglected this winter

So I jacked it and onto axle stands and stripped the front arch liner out, so I could get to the Intercooler pipe, then removed it so I could but the Stock TT airbox back in with the TRD washable filter in

This took me about 2 hours and while the Headlight was out I have split it again and resealed it, as it was suffering with water ingression badly, so fingers crossed it willl not need a goldfish in it anymore

I also changed the Fanbelt, as Whifbitz used an old one and it was squeaking badly. I had my one off my N/A still, so used that

I seem to have a problem though, as the replacement does the same, it seems to squeak once per rotation which seems odd, so any ideas shout

It is okay for the warm up part, maybe 3-4 minutes before it starts squeaking, I will get another new belt over the next couple of months if it doesn't go

I am wondering if one of the Auxilaries is a bit knackered and causing the belt to slip, but I would expect it to do it more than for a rotation

Anyway happy to have got a few bits done at last, hopefully I will get the chance to do a couple of small interior bits next, need to rewire the boost gauge as it's wired wrong lighting wise and want to replace my horrible bright red fog switch with the more subtle one I have

Plan to get it down to ShellShocked in February to sort out the damage to the front wing

I got hold of a polished fan shroud recently, without realising it does not fit if you use the stock airbox, so I am not sure wether to cut it so it fits or just sell it on, I am starting to think it will look a bit odd if fitted under the stock airbox cold feed bit, so if anyone has done it can you post a pic please

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Put a stock Airbox in, after the TT transplant it only had an Ebay special, fits nice and tight with the Blitz Intercooler hardpipes

Need to get on with giving the throtle body and intake a good clean and try and get a more polished look, it looks a bit odd at the moment

Would it best to use a fine wire wool to start and then metal polish ?

Another job that is planned under the bonnet is the engine cover needs painting Black, why Mr.T did them in that odd Green colour I have no idea

Also need to get some Blue silicone hoses and start replacing the old ones

Looks like the headlight re-seal is holding up this time, fingers crossed

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Spent the odd few spare hours over the weekend ripping the dash out and doing a couple of things

I replaced the big Red Fog light switch with a much more stock looking one

Rewired the Boost gauge as it was wired wrong (lighting wise)

and I got a Blue LED Heater Control unit from Matt Wilkinson, so thats in as well

Just a couple of small bits, but makes the inside that bit better

Looks smart with what you have done with the dash :)

Looks great that Rog :thumbs:

Thanks guys

Ahh, blinding blue :D

Is everything working OK Rog? Looks it from the pictures. Have you fitted the blue cig bulb and window switched yet?

Cig lighter bulb didn't work and no I have not had the time for the door switches yet, hopefully next weekend

I will send the Cig bulb and the ignition barrel bulb off to Heckler when I can be bothered and get him to do them

Does anyone know if the Oddometer can be done so it is blue

Thanks guys

Cig lighter bulb didn't work and no I have not had the time for the door switches yet, hopefully next weekend

I will send the Cig bulb and the ignition barrel bulb off to Heckler when I can be bothered and get him to do them

Does anyone know if the Oddometer can be done so it is blue

I think the odo can be, it's something that involves putting a blue film over it, I believe Heckler can do that too :)

That's a pain the bulb didn't work, but out of all of them that's the one that's easiest to fix!!

Ref ODO as said by Littler, just need to put a gel film over the ODO screen. That is unless Heckler has been able to modify the stock illumination, but I doubt it as it appeared all integral to the screen, from what I can recall.

That's a pain the bulb didn't work, but out of all of them that's the one that's easiest to fix!!

Ref ODO as said by Littler, just need to put a gel film over the ODO screen. That is unless Heckler has been able to modify the stock illumination, but I doubt it as it appeared all integral to the screen, from what I can recall.

Thanks Matt, I did have a look at the Odo while I had the dash out and wondered if I would get away with a Blue film, just didn't have any to hand to try it

Spent the odd few spare hours over the weekend ripping the dash out and doing a couple of things

I replaced the big Red Fog light switch with a much more stock looking one

Rewired the Boost gauge as it was wired wrong (lighting wise)

and I got a Blue LED Heater Control unit from Matt Wilkinson, so thats in as well

Just a couple of small bits, but makes the inside that bit better

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/DSC03883.jpg

Loving the dash Rog :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
What happened mate? Need a recap :)

My fibreglass wings are cracking, I'll probably be considering a visit to shellshocked at some point to get the whole car cleaned up :)

Original thead here mate, from when it happened

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?277964-Damaged-the-Supra-today

Jared seems to have left ShellShocked from what I can gather, not sure on the circumstances, but Richard who is the owner and the Guy who did a lot of the work on Blackies Supra is back in their Fulltime now

Just seen your blue dash lights, Rog - very smart. :cool:

Cheers George;)

I remember now mate. Only need a few things cleaned up and aero catchs fitted.

Sure they will fix your car up in no time :)

Just give them a ring when you are ready mate, they tend to be booked for about 3-4 weeks in advance, sometimes a bit more

Tell them your off the forum, I would guess they will want to have a look at the work needed though