The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How it got from Stock N/A to Wide TRD TT BPU -Pic Heavy

DodgyRog

Well I got the Supra back, but the Engine Bay isn't finished yet

but the Uk Bonnet is on and the Uk Bumper as well

Hoping to finish the Engine Bay over Easter, so I will update when it's completed

MOT on Saturday, so need to put the number plate, 2nd Cat and Exhaust Bung back on for the day

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had a couple of issues, so it's being done in a slightly different way, but it means a delay, due to redoing some things

All the parts should be done by the end of the week, I just can't get down there for a couple of weeks, so you are just going to have to wait lol

I might keep it under wraps until Dragonball:p

Looking good Rog :thumbs:

I find it odd that we have both got rid of the carbon bonnets at the same time :think:

Jealous that you have yours back. Mine won't be ready until friday :cry:

Yeah a bit odd, although mine is propped up against the wall in the spare bedroom, just in case I decide to swap back at some point

I may sell it if anyone offers me decent money, otherwise I am going to hold onto it, as I will never find another Jun Bonnet

We had a problem with the Uk Bonnet, so it will have to go back to the bodyshop at some point, the scoop is broken and someone bodge repaired it and unfortunately the bolts to remove it are really rusted so couldn't take it off for the repair this time

Mot day today, so have to do the usual 2nd Cat back on, bung in etc

but you have to love the fact these cars at 20 years old are still sailing through Mot's year after year, not even an advisory again this year, so all passed for another year:D

Just need to put it back into drive spec again now, sound like a jet fighter with all that air trying to get through the tiny bung hole lol:salute:

Had no work today, so used the best of my time and got on my wheels (they were very bad)

This was after a quick soapy wash and dry

About 6 hours in total, but just need to buff up one side still, so maybe another hours worth

This is the same wheel as above

This is a rear that needs a touch more time

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Got my tyres changed today

So took the 265/35/18's off the rear and moved them to the front and put some 285/35/18 on the rear, so no more stretched tyres at last

Only problem now is the clearance on the rear arches is stupid close, if they actually clear lol

So I think I may have to raise the rear a quarter of an inch to be on the safe side

Got my tyres changed today

So took the 265/35/18's off the rear and moved them to the front and put some 285/35/18 on the rear, so no more stretched tyres at last

Only problem now is the clearance on the rear arches is stupid close, if they actually clear lol

So I think I may have to raise the rear a quarter of an inch to be on the safe side

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/2014-04-15182018.jpg~original

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/2014-04-15182040.jpg~original

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/2014-04-15183404.jpg~original

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/2014-04-15182036.jpg~original

Just loose some weight mate,that will give you a inch :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well I wasn't planning to show this to anyone until it was complete, but time has ran out prior to Japfest

Basically it still needs a couple of bits doing, but Dip Demons ran out of the Film I am using and it comes from the States, unfortunately they are waiting for this film to be made again and it's not going to be here until after Japfest and Dragonball

So for the time being he has dipped a couple of bits in another film and as I said there are still a couple of other bits to, as well as something that need to be redone

Anyway it is complete enough to get it to Japfest and Dragonball, then it we be going back sometime in the near future for the finishing touches

As I have said before, I know there will be some haters, but I really wanted something out of the norm, as in Carbon Dip or Skulls etc

So here it is