The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does anyone actually care about this site any longer?

rider

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Roger E.N
Exactly, the real one not this fake.

I’d of enjoyed his input to some of the threads lately :D

Who you calling fake boy!

Guest Roger E.N
If you can prove that you pay nothing towards the maintenance of your kids, live in a big house and have a face that is too big for your head, I will believe you are the real deal...!!

Don't make me hit you with my tennis racket Harvard, I and my sports club remember your abuse before I got the shove.

This site is better than the Aston Martin one I use (Piston heads)

I think this forum is a gooden. Even I still come back to it.

Maybe the decline is all because I'm not here as much :lol:

I couldn't imagine the Aston Martin club to be too wild or full of exciting content- hence why I never knew you'd been converted into a homo different car owner :D

I remember back in 2007 when i first joined, the forum used to be always busy. There would always be a constant flow of quality performance parts for sale by members changing setups etc so sometimes it was a bad thing to be logging on here as you would just end up spending money lol

Most old school members that i can remember left the supra scene and moved over to other cars like the R35

I post the odd time if looking for something but most of the time i get the answer on one of the facebook pages

Personally I would like to see more traders/vendors on here like in previous years. To compare with say the GTR owners club website they have 25+ traders

I remember back in 2007 when i first joined, the forum used to be always busy. There would always be a constant flow of quality performance parts for sale by members changing setups etc so sometimes it was a bad thing to be logging on here as you would just end up spending money lol

Most old school members that i can remember left the supra scene and moved over to other cars like the R35

I post the odd time if looking for something but most of the time i get the answer on one of the facebook pages

Personally I would like to see more traders/vendors on here like in previous years. To compare with say the GTR owners club website they have 25+ traders

Less cars and more significantly far less usage I think with Supra's now. Not many (any!?) stock cars left to modify now and they are still reliable so the less miles means even consumables consumption must be close to an all time low? so low amount of after market demand hence low trader input?

It's a massive resource on here built up over many years, by some committed and knowledgeable folk, some now long gone admittedly, that's so good there aren't many questions left unanswered and if you are a regularly it's fairly easy to find what you need. Banter/general chat is down a bit and that sort of thing translates well to FB etc easier than technical/reference stuff.

this thread has 313 + comments so people still come on here

The positive is that there has been some fairly fundamental changes implemented and announced since this thread started, because of or in spite of is totally immaterial. From simple thing like the copyright statement is no longer years in the past to a detailed review has been undertaken identifying the 'dead' threads and dead limbs on the forum tree. There's improved ease of use with uploading larger picture size allowed and dead PB picture links overcome with embedded pictures. Also a pretty major face-lift in the offing. Following a bit of housekeeping and a anticipated revamp it'll be up to owners present past and future to determine if the forum has an enthusiastic and engaged following or succumbs to FB groups and social comms app cliques.

I believe its Mawby and Pete leading the revisions so all power and appreciation to them.

I doubt that recent thread about paying to remain a member did the forum any favours either, revealed some rather elitist attitudes, no wonder people go off to face ache etc.

People can't get too butt hurt about such trivial things though. If it happens in the future then so be it, I'm sure if it was reasons will be outlined and as members it's up to us to either stay or sod off elsewhere.

Personally I'm not fussed either way. I haven't had a Supra for a few years but still like to have a nose about on here.

People can't get too butt hurt about such trivial things though. If it happens in the future then so be it, I'm sure if it was reasons will be outlined and as members it's up to us to either stay or sod off elsewhere.

Personally I'm not fussed either way. I haven't had a Supra for a few years but still like to have a nose about on here.

I am inclined to agree, but I strongly suspect that if it where to be the case it would likely spell the demise of this forum, which was kind of my point, lots of car and other forums that are not subscription based are really struggling, much like here they are becoming like ghost towns, just the odd tumbleweed rolling through.

I am inclined to agree, but I strongly suspect that if it where to be the case it would likely spell the demise of this forum, which was kind of my point, lots of car and other forums that are not subscription based are really struggling, much like here they are becoming like ghost towns, just the odd tumbleweed rolling through.

Yeah it's a shame as it's so quiet on here compared to when I first joined, daily piss taking, amusing off topic content etc seems to of vanished.

Sadly now it comes across more of a few members logging in now and then, and mostly newbies signing up to just sell stuff; I'm only basing this on my own point of view since logging back in the past month or so I should add.

No idea how many members are in similar shoes, but to me this forum is gold dust. Bought my car over a year ago now (barely knowing the first thing about how to maintain/improve one) and have checked forums almost every single day since. The history of information is invaluable (even with shittyphotobucket). Forums will always be king, as car enthusiast culture steadily declines over the next 10-20+ years sites like this will be crucial for preserving decades of accumulated information.

In addition to that, there's still a ton of members here who are incredibly knowledgeable, passionate about these cars and eager to help people without a clue, people like that are usually the backbone of any car forum and there seems to be enough of them still here. It might be harder to get a lengthy/indepth conversation off the ground, but chances are it's already been had twice, with records. Perhaps it's more of an archive than a community these days, I haven't been around long enough to tell, but whatever it is I'm very thankful to have it.

Edit: That said I still haven't got the first clue how to nail down a TT engine, and get it to somebody that can convert the loom/sump and then fit it in my bleddy car!! :banghead:

There's a test board replacement app running which we have played with and like, but need to run a live data migration then understand everything that's broken, what we can live without etc.

A lot of work and slow progress I'm afraid.

I personally don't see the need for layout changes minus maybe ones regarding pictures. To me it's a forum, and the written content and member input is what makes the place over any snazzy updates to the look and ease of browsing

As stated before this is one of the best online sources you can find for tech information for anyone to diagnose/seek advice from people either in the same boat/or have been through it themselves, or just someone trying to further their own knowledge of their car.

The cost of membership is irrelevant compared to taking it to a garage and letting them figure it out for you at a far greater cost. Access to hard to find 2nd hand parts and input from others over companies safe to buy from is also a bonus, add that to the potential social side here from forum events/small meets or just a online car chat.......and for the cost of just over 2 pints of beer a year less in our lives.

• 2 weeks later...

Very well said supra_aero👍

I’m a NA owner, got ridiculed by certain keyboard warrior on here back in 2016, I stopped visiting the forum ever since, I hang out with a few mk4 guys quite frequently and they don’t have many positive comments about certain people on here ( NA basher and keyboard warrior). It’s insane to think that I’m a mk4 Supra owner and being ridiculed on here, because it’s a NA or don’t have enough ponies under the bonnet, not much of encouragement for any newbies who own a NA to hang around on here.

Until a week ago I’ve managed to get ( James ) LittleNum ( through my best mate ) to service my car, brilliant mechanic and very down earth guy🌟, and Burna turned up while James was working on my car, it’s the first time we met, and I have to say it on here Burna himself is very genuine and very real. We had a brief conversation both James and Burna swayed my view about this forum, I’m not saying it because he’s a one of the MOD’s on here, to me if a person is a tw*t I wouldn’t bother to entertain them.