The mkiv Supra Owners Club

G.R.A.M.S styling problems?

JamieP

msmile just pm'd me, after reading the thread he now claims GRAMS is his brothers business....

I asked him to comment on the thread, seems strange that he is selling the same parts as his brothers ebay account.

Why wouldn't he have just said that initially though, instead of stating it was nothing to do with him? :D

I don't understand how someone can be so stupid to think they can get away with these lies.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

While we sort this out we have stopped Msmile form posting in the for sale section.

Not drawing any conclusions to this, but when this amount of feedback appears suddenly we thought it best to be on the safe side until MSmile can sort everybody out with their orders.

Brendans supra has bespoke metal arches too iirc not fibre glass, that are hugely wide in comparison

Yup, I'm currently chatting to him on FB about all this. He says there's just no point in chasing it to get it taken down as he'd have to go down the lawyers route and in the end nothing would happen.

Yup, I'm currently chatting to him on FB about all this. He says there's just no point in chasing it to get it taken down as he'd have to go down the lawyers route and in the end nothing would happen.

Proper shame when you go all out like he has to be totally different, then have it put forward as copy/replica fibreglass

I wasn't going to get involved in this thread, as I'm sure it will only result in going one way.

But have to agree, they shouldn't be using other peoples pictures as examples of their products when they clearly arnt!

After a quick search one link that made me laugh was this-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Supra-MKIV-Ridox-RDX-Style-Low-Level-Lip-Spoiler-Aero-Ducktail-Bodykit-/301548778590

Picture one is a completely different lip to the others posted. Appears they don't even know what products they sell.

Just to add, looks as though they may have removed your pictures Jamie, Add's and Marc's are still on there though.

hhhmmm didn't know about this.

Cracks me up how they put their logo over the number plate aswell

Pretty wrong to be fair, using others cars without permission is bad enough, but advertising the products like they are their own are pretty poor

You can report the item through eBay and they will remove the listing

Firstly can I start my post by saying that this type of behaviour is disgusting and abhorrent ! I completely agree with the sentiments of all affected

BUT: As it stands after reading through the general forum usage section (and I am assuming that the affected individuals supra garages fall under the public album category)

It doesn't state anywhere that images uploaded cannot be copied or reproduced without the authors prior permission. (In fairness it doesn't say you CAN either!) but in this type of situation naughty people need to be told NO! Could the powers that be add this kind of clause into the forum rules section at the point of membership acceptance? Obviously careful wording will be required with its inception and the consequences of breaking the rule.

However: In this circumstance the ebay advert including the black beast picture has this text in the small print toward the bottom!

Returns Policy

This Item is Brand New

Actual Images of item are shown above

Item has been test fitted to ensure perfect fitment

NO RETURNS are Accepted for this Listing Unless the Item Arrives Damaged

Clear cut case of deception and make the appropriate requests to ebay to get all of the offending adverts pulled as they contravene ebay's own rules and regulations. http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/image-text.html

In particular this section:Images and text policy

Policy overview

What are the guidelines?

Reporting a listing

Protecting your images using a watermark

Additional information

Why does eBay have this policy?

Policy overview

eBay members are not allowed to use images - including photos and other pictures - or text they didn't create themselves. Exceptions to this policy would be if they are authorised to do so by the owner, its agent or the law.

As he is not the owner or created it himself he contravenes the rule very clearly and as a minimum will have the affected adverts pulled by ebay. I believe repeat offences results in an account ban :eyebrows:

Hope that helps! nail him! :spank:

From a business point of view it seems a bit daft and short sighted to me. You would think that most of his potential customer base will be forum members, so why wind people up on here creating a terrible reputation for yourself and not even offer any mitigation. Surely his future sales are going to be well down on what they could be following this thread.

He's clearly used pictures of cars that have never had his parts fitted and I don't get why he doesn't just sort it out quickly. Surely all he has to do is come on here , put his hands up, make his case and then remove the pictures as requested.