The mkiv Supra Owners Club

G.R.A.M.S styling problems?

JamieP

- G.R.A.M.S Styling are ONLY using PUBLIC PICTURES that any one of you can find on the global web, which are CHECKED not to be TRADEMARKED or COPYRIGHTED. We are spending a huge amount of money to edit those pictures so not to be recognized as we don't want to offend any of the current owners of the vehicles. Yet, vehicles that are recognized by their owners are removed from our listings within 48 hrs.

- Jamie, we do apologize as the statement above was not the case in your situation due to some html programming issues, but the pictures you requested are now removed.

- Vehicles will not be removed from our ads if you are not the registered keeper or the owner of the vehicle, because: 1. What rights do you have to the vehicle? 2. How do you know if we have no permission from the current owner to publish the pictures? 3. How do you know we are not the owners of the vehicle? 4. How do you know the vehicle is not scrapped? 5. If the owner is worried about their car being used in our adverts, they can give us a message straight away.

Spending large amounts of money for someone to edit them with MS Paint?! :D

Here is an idea, if you stopped stealing pictures off the internet then you won't offend any owners. :)

On the last part I could give you a few examples why you would need to remove pictures of cars where they aren't a registered owner.

- For those who claim our listings are misleading: There is NO STATEMENT on any of our listings, saying the parts have been fitted/test-fitted to the particular vehicle/vehicles in the pictures. We only say you can see the actual item in the pictures, because you do get at least one picture of the actual item in 99% of our listings. Other pictures are usually to familiarize customers with the Design Style Examples. PLEASE DO NOT INTERPRET OUR LISTINGS IN THE WAY YOU WANT.

JamieP's picture of the black Supra is not the actual item, unless you are selling Noel's carbon wide arches? If you aren't then it is mis-leading, this is illegal.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think you need to read up on copyright of images...

Regardless if it's public on the web or not, the photographer holds the rights, you can't simply use any image how you want.. even moreso for a commercial use.

It simply does not matter if they don't own the car, If I took a picture of whoevers car, I'D own the copyright to that picture, not the owner of the car.

That's before you even go into the issues of you using the pictures to advertise your copies, when the copy isnt even on that car

Edited by Ric (see edit history)

- For those who claim our listings are misleading: There is NO STATEMENT on any of our listings, saying the parts have been fitted/test-fitted to the particular vehicle/vehicles in the pictures. We only say you can see the actual item in the pictures, because you do get at least one picture of the actual item in 99% of our listings. Other pictures are usually to familiarize customers with the Design Style Examples.

You've got to be kidding? Next time I sell one of my cars I'll post some pictures of the top forum cars on the advert and then just one picture of mine. Whomever is bidding can then take pot luck on which Supra they're actually buying "because you do get at least one picture of the actual item".

Hi everyone!

Some of our customers and friends advised us to read this thread as they noticed a few members and competitors spilling sh** on G.R.A.M.S Styling left, right and all over the place. We don't want our existing and future customers to be mistaken by some posts on this thread (especially the ones made by our competitors), that's why we are writing this reply.

Answering all the issues in question we can say:

- None of G.R.A.M.S Styling products are straight replicas of any other product on the market. Every part we produce is modified in one way or another and usually has an improved fit compared to the originals. - G.R.A.M.S Styling has many happy/very happy customers and THE BEST EBAY FEEDBACK RATING OF ALL UK MANUFACTURERS making body-parts for the Toyota Supra with an EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

- In 6 months time we had 1 (ONE) returned item due to fitment issues, so we see no point of explaining fitment and part quality issues for those who are still in doubt. Yes, items are sometimes damaged - no matter how well we package them, some couriers are skilled enough to break rocks into pieces. We are very sorry for those who received damaged parts from us, but I'm sure most of them received replacements ASAP.

- G.R.A.M.S Styling are ONLY using PUBLIC PICTURES that any one of you can find on the global web, which are CHECKED not to be TRADEMARKED or COPYRIGHTED. We are spending a huge amount of money to edit those pictures so not to be recognized as we don't want to offend any of the current owners of the vehicles. Yet, vehicles that are recognized by their owners are removed from our listings within 48 hrs.

- Jamie, we do apologize as the statement above was not the case in your situation due to some html programming issues, but the pictures you requested are now removed.

- Vehicles will not be removed from our ads if you are not the registered keeper or the owner of the vehicle, because: 1. What rights do you have to the vehicle? 2. How do you know if we have no permission from the current owner to publish the pictures? 3. How do you know we are not the owners of the vehicle? 4. How do you know the vehicle is not scrapped? 5. If the owner is worried about their car being used in our adverts, they can give us a message straight away.

- For those who claim our listings are misleading: There is NO STATEMENT on any of our listings, saying the parts have been fitted/test-fitted to the particular vehicle/vehicles in the pictures. We only say you can see the actual item in the pictures, because you do get at least one picture of the actual item in 99% of our listings. Other pictures are usually to familiarize customers with the Design Style Examples. PLEASE DO NOT INTERPRET OUR LISTINGS IN THE WAY YOU WANT.

- G.R.A.M.S Styling is a company, not a private individual, that's why some of the terrible posts in this thread to find someone behind the company by posting their home addresses and car number plates are childish, deplorable and insolent. We are not hiding from anyone and we are not afraid to face the mistakes everyone sometimes makes. You can always contact us on Facebook, Ebay, or Email with any problem you may have.

Just to make it clear, we will not be following this thread or giving any further comments or replies. We are proud to offer exclusive customer service for every customer of ours, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

G.R.A.M.S Styling

Welcome to the forum, Any advice, car pictures to rob for personal financial gain or general experiences on supras can all be found here.

which are CHECKED not to be TRADEMARKED or COPYRIGHTED.

Lol.

For those who claim our listings are misleading: There is NO STATEMENT on any of our listings, saying the parts have been fitted/test-fitted to the particular vehicle/vehicles in the pictures. We only say you can see the actual item in the pictures, because you do get at least one picture of the actual item in 99% of our listings. Other pictures are usually to familiarize customers with the Design Style Examples. PLEASE DO NOT INTERPRET OUR LISTINGS IN THE WAY YOU WANT.

You've got pictures on the adverts of products that you have NOT produced, fitted to cars that are NOT yours. You and I clearly have very different definitions of 'misleading'.

You had a perfect opportunity here to come on the forum, apologise for using member's pictures and set things straight. Instead, you've ditched your shovel for a JCB and pretty much ruled out any chances of people on this forum buying from you. Oh, and these pages appear on Google search results, too!

Well done.

I don't seem to be able to find an ebay advert for NUR arches any more?

I forsee this thread disappearing soon. Unfotunately A few people have managed to silence this forum over the years for outing the truth about certain businesses.

Oh and yeah, massively the wrong tone to take!

- None of G.R.A.M.S Styling products are straight replicas of any other product on the market. Every part we produce is modified in one way or another and usually has an improved fit compared to the originals. - G.R.A.M.S Styling has many happy/very happy customers and THE BEST EBAY FEEDBACK RATING OF ALL UK MANUFACTURERS making body-parts for the Toyota Supra with an EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Regards,

G.R.A.M.S Styling

This is FALSE a simple search reveals this :

• G.R.A.M.S Styling - 99.7%
  • Fast_car_styling - 99.8%
  • car.mad.styling - 100%

GRAMS

I know you'll read this or at least someone will tell you.

Just a word of warning

I'm admin of the Facebook supra selling page and I've already had a few messages regarding your work and regarding this thread and people are worried.

So if you continue to alienate people which are your customers then there won't be an avenue for you to sell on except eBay.

And if you keep using other people's pictures then you'll keep eating reported and that will soon stop.

You had the chance to set things straight but instead you came in all guns blazing with wrong facts and got your back up.

Wrong move really.

in regards to pictures, How much are you spending because this :

https://www.facebook.com/gramsstyling/photos/pcb.422435327920146/422435271253485/?type=1&theater

Is truely shocking, you have clearly photoshopped a rear bumper on ( not very well ) the exhaust is on the wrong side, it looks like the bumper fits over the stock bumper and the exhaust has been cut off at the bottom !!

in regards to pictures, How much are you spending because this :

https://www.facebook.com/gramsstyling/photos/pcb.422435327920146/422435271253485/?type=1&theater

Is truely shocking, you have clearly photoshopped a rear bumper on ( not very well ) the exhaust is on the wrong side, it looks like the bumper fits over the stock bumper and the exhaust has been cut off at the bottom !!

Found the original

"So yeah remove the background, get rid of the toyota logo and hmm yeah flip the picture horizontally, no one will be able to tell then"

"So yeah remove the background, get rid of the toyota logo and hmm yeah flip the picture horizontally, no one will be able to tell then"

The reason I thought only the bumber had been flipped is i thought my wiper was on the other side !!

Just to make it clear, we will not be following this thread or giving any further comments or replies. We are proud to offer exclusive customer service for every customer of ours, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any issues.

Did you actually read that post before hitting the submit button? You've contradicted yourself... in the same sentence. That smacks more of 'four pints and a keyboard' than any sort of reputable business.

Not that many of those trade on Ebay and Facebook anyway.

Still, welcome. I'll look forward to your trader application.

Incredible,

A excellent example of how not to portray business. After reading that post I'm just shaking my head, not even laughing. How utterly arrogant!

Pray they make a traders application, for I feel the backlash from this community would be something to behold.

You do not understand copyright law. Just because the photos are posted on a public forum, this does not give you the right to freely use them without consent, particularly when you are using them to sell replica products. The owners have every right to pursue you for a portion of the money you have made as a result of sales from those adverts.

Ok.. I will...

Hi everyone!

Some of our customers and friends advised us to read this thread as they noticed a few members and competitors spilling sh** on G.R.A.M.S Styling left, right and all over the place. We don't want our existing and future customers to be mistaken by some posts on this thread (especially the ones made by our competitors), that's why we are writing this reply.

Answering all the issues in question we can say:

I see you have... not 100% but hardly anyone selling on Ebay is.... but as other have pointed out, its still not THE BEST.

- In 6 months time we had 1 (ONE) returned item due to fitment issues, so we see no point of explaining fitment and part quality issues for those who are still in doubt. Yes, items are sometimes damaged - no matter how well we package them, some couriers are skilled enough to break rocks into pieces. We are very sorry for those who received damaged parts from us, but I'm sure most of them received replacements ASAP.

Agree with this. Sometimes there are things that happen out of your control.

Didnt check hard enough. Jamie's cars are probably the most well known in the supra scene, and rightfully so. In this respect he did contact you and from what I can see, gave ample time for that to happen.... shame it was longer than 48hrs as you so promise.

So close! HTML programming issues? really? are you savvy to Facebook and ebay's actual coding? (drop down box, delete picture is hardly HTML issues.) Just ask permission or say sorry and remove them.

I dont see anyone here requesting that except the owners themselves. Members are only informing the car owners what has been found.... just like any other community would.

what? so you are mis-representing your products by mixing them in with images of well known cars whilst not not claiming they may or may not be fitted to said cars? doesnt take much to put a disclaimer in the non actual images during the extensively, and costly editing.

- G.R.A.M.S Styling is a company, not a private individual, that's why some of the terrible posts in this thread to find someone behind the company by posting their home addresses and car number plates are childish, deplorable and insolent. We are not hiding from anyone and we are not afraid to face the mistakes everyone sometimes makes. You can always contact us on Facebook, Ebay, or Email with any problem you may have.

That will be me then. Just like you, I used public records in the public domain to find out the information, just like UK ebay publish your address. Google is a wonderful resource for finding things other than car images you know... I was just reserved in posting names and company names including images of your house. Nice kitchen btw.... (thats not sarcasm... I thought it looked cool and alot better than when you purchased it in 2004)

Regards,

G.R.A.M.S Styling

Your welcome. I just hope you can understand that as a community that will no doubt include an awfull lot of supra owners in the country, that we have and will continue to support each other and inform others when something isnt quite right.

A simple sorry along with action would have been the best course of action for a company trying to sell supra items to the supra community of which, the majority will be on here!

Edited by creative (see edit history)