The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DragonBall 2014 .............................!!!!

Jamesy

It's great to see such ethusiasm already for this. Just to let you know so people don't get their hopes up this isn't an official list, dragonball tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis so just because you are the list doesn't mean you are garaunteed a ticket. A thread will be started nearer the time for this as situations change and potentially half the people listed won't be able to make it. Hopefully I won't be at working at the same place by then and I won't have a problem getting the time off !!

Oh absolutely - the list started as an interest gatherer rather than anything official :) As mentioned, it may end up that a lot on the above list won't manage anyway :)

I'd never do the trip on R888's again, when it pi55ed down on the motorway everyone on R888's was all over the place, even me with 4wd, it aquaplaned a couple of times, very scared.

Will bear that in mind Jamie, I'll maybe need to look into a second set of wheels/a different tyre in those sizes. :)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not goin. Last 3 years have been crap!

Just thaught I should post something different. :)

But seriously... A list already is a bit pointless :p even when the tickets go on sale it's first come first served

Guest Budz86
I'd never do the trip on R888's again, when it pi55ed down on the motorway everyone on R888's was all over the place, even me with 4wd, it aquaplaned a couple of times, very scared.

Looked like hard work mate! I'm on Eagle F1's and they seemed fine, but I was still nervous looking at your ass for 80 miles!

I was thinking about this, would it matter if there was a 100 cars? Everyone on satnav so don't matter if you get split up.

I will be honest, this year really took it out of me. I usually have time to talk to people and have a bit of fun but I spent the whole trip checking who was where, who had arrived and who hadnt, who had problems with their hotel or with the police or with the locals. 50 cars is the absolute limit on this and even then thats higher than I would really like. You all saw how close the parking was at the lunch stops, just slightly busier and people wouldnt have been able to park.

To lose 2 cars with engine problems, another one in a crash and 3 people stopped by the police takes the fun off the event a little for me. I run safe events, we can have fun but everybody gets back home again.

So 50 will be the limit as I just couldnt handle more than that.

I will be honest, this year really took it out of me. I usually have time to talk to people and have a bit of fun but I spent the whole trip checking who was where, who had arrived and who hadnt, who had problems with their hotel or with the police or with the locals. 50 cars is the absolute limit on this and even then thats higher than I would really like. You all saw how close the parking was at the lunch stops, just slightly busier and people wouldnt have been able to park.

To lose 2 cars with engine problems, another one in a crash and 3 people stopped by the police takes the fun off the event a little for me. I run safe events, we can have fun but everybody gets back home again.

So 50 will be the limit as I just couldnt handle more than that.

this seems completely understandable. Wonder how they get on with gumball :blink:

this seems completely understandable. Wonder how they get on with gumball :blink:

You pay thousands of pounds for a team who is paid to do the job, that's how ;)

Branners & the team do it for love... Well its a quickie but still. :D

Edited by Abz (see edit history)

True, should have known the answer was money :D

Gumball is run as a business venture to make money.

Ours is run by genuine enthusiasts with a genuine desire to create the best event for those who attend and make it fun, enjoyable and memorable. Everybody on the team gives their time and skills for free including all the time spent on the event trying to keep it all together. So no Jason, it's not about money for us, it's about creating the best event that everybody can afford, irrespective of age and circumstances. If most on here knew what went on behind the scenes it would be a real eye opener for them and they might stop to think before posting some of the comments they do.

Something like the Rico Rally is £1100 per person for 5 days travel, minimum of 2 people per car/room. So £2200 per car basically. Give me £110,000 then I'm sure I could run a 50 car event with style!!

Each year we learn something new and adapt for the following year. We know what to do differently next year and will make it super awesome for everybody including me!!

I did honestly sit behind Ellis at 70mph all the way home just so I could look at another Supra for a few hours and not have to think too much!!

I did honestly sit behind Ellis at 70mph all the way home just so I could look at another Supra for a few hours and not have to think too much!!

I was terrified and drove like I was on the Advanced Driving Test again!! I was so busy watching you in my rear view mirror that I think I nearly took out a car pulling out to overtake at one point! :D

I didn't mean you guys! Sorry for any offence. I did mean the gumball rally with the money comment! There goes my poor wording again :( I know dragonball is an amazing event hence why I want to do it! :D you guys have done a great job this year and its amazing club spirit :thumbs:

I didn't mean you guys! Sorry for any offence. I did mean the gumball rally with the money comment! There goes my poor wording again :( I know dragonball is an amazing event hence why I want to do it! :D you guys have done a great job this year and its amazing club spirit :thumbs:

I know you didn't but felt that it was an opportune moment to put into perspective just what the team, headed up Mr B, the man who does 90% of it all, put in. Folk need to remember just what is entailed creating this event and then ask themselves whether they'd commit so much of their time and resources for free!

..... Give me £110,000 then I'm sure I could run a 50 car event with style!!

Each year we learn something new and adapt for the following year. We know what to do differently next year and will make it super awesome for everybody including me!!

!!

Without trying to sound like a kiss arse i thought this event had style and class and was already super-awesome mate. More of exactly the same would suit us just perfectly next year :)

I know you didn't but felt that it was an opportune moment to put into perspective just what the team, headed up Mr B, the man who does 90% of it all, put in. Folk need to remember just what is entailed creating this event and then ask themselves whether they'd commit so much of their time and resources for free!

The thought of doing 100's of km's of Google street view is enough to put me off.

One idea: What if people with sat navs (that they're confident work properly) have some special bright sticker to put on their car which others can take as an indicator to safely follow.

Some people were desperate to keep up just because they didn't want to get lost etc.

Happy to be a 'lead' vehicle at any time relay fashion.

One idea: What if people with sat navs (that they're confident work properly) have some special bright sticker to put on their car which others can take as an indicator to safely follow.

Some people were desperate to keep up just because they didn't want to get lost etc.

That's not a bad idea. I can imagine someone lost being followed by others that are lost lol did this happen this year? :D

We did suggest having lead cars for 5 groups of 10 cars for this very reason but the concept seemed to die a death before we left. As Branners says, it's constantly being refined and honed! :D

Thanks Jamesy.

The appreciation does mean a lot.

Bernard, Little Pig, Pete and Mr Ben bought me a little Branners train (same as in Pete's little story in the picture thread) and that cheered me up no end.

It was a small gesture but came from our hearts. I'm sure I speak on behalf of our little group the 'band of brothers', when I say we are extremely grateful for everything you do, and that you allow us to come along each year knowing that we're going to get ourselves into some kind of trouble lol And for that we love you John :)

i think you guys do an awsome job and should in no way feel you need toout do yourself next year. the 2 ive been on have ben awsome and i wouldnt want then any other way. i dont think you should bear brunt of peoples break downs .thse are aging cars being driven hard. 2/50 is not that bad if you ask me. and its every drivers responsibility to organise breakdown cover. i nkow the risc of shoeing my old car around a different countryan have pre prepared for ifit pops.

I will have one, good luck keeping up :D