The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DragonBall 2014 .............................!!!!

Jamesy

Didn't see any police in Belgium this year. Even though we travelled straight through the center of Antwerp twice. Only thing you should be wary of in Belgium is the extreme low amount of services along the motorways, although it is getting better each year it is not a good idea to travel there on low fuel levels.

Loved the roads there, bumping our heads against the roof of the car on the motorway doing 80 miles an hour :D. Having a satnav in the car this year was a blessing, would have been lost multiple times if I didn't had it. Keeping up with Jamie with the NA didn't really work that well:search:. Ended up on a tollroad and had to pay a whole 2 euros :D.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Happy to go were ever the road takes us, just hope the percentage of Belguim roads are not like the motorway we took home from Holland through Belguim

Got to be the worst stretch of Motorway I have ever been on for throwing the car up and down

I'm thinking Spa next year ladies and gents, no idea why or what or exactly where but that way seems to make sense so we give the French a year off from our excitable members....how are the Belgium police?

Police aren't too bad actually, better than the French (yes I have even been pulled by Belgium police!!), they seem to like the cars then forget the reason they pulled you over & let you go :D

Though I have to agree with Rog it is the worst roads I have ever driven on!! We drove there for a friends wedding a couple of years ago before DB & I am surprised to be honest that I managed to make it back without a puncture!

• 2 weeks later...
Back roads all the way then!!

That would be best, I encountered some great back roads in Belgium when we got lost and lost Sat Nav signal, the motorways were horrendous but if we find a really bad bit we can all slow down through it. If Craig is coming in the Jag then we can send that up front to give us time to slow down, either way looking forward to seeing you Beans again!! :)

On the roads to Bruges from Rotterdam I saw a few cars come very close to losing it over the bumpy bits, so it might be a risk. I will see what the roads look like on google street view and then make a call. I have Reims as a backup if Spa looks too tricky.

On the roads to Bruges from Rotterdam I saw a few cars come very close to losing it over the bumpy bits, so it might be a risk. I will see what the roads look like on google street view and then make a call. I have Reims as a backup if Spa looks too tricky.

If that becomes the case then I'll see if I can get us booked into this!! http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187137-d198187-Reviews-Chateau_Les_Crayeres-Reims_Marne_Champagne_Ardenne.html

:D

• 1 month later...