The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DragonBall 2014 .............................!!!!

Jamesy

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in, your misses is a legend jamesy, can't be many women in this world that would put up with that sort of driving :D

Thanks mate - yeah she is a diamond and already locked in for DB14 !! She also said she really appreciated you guys all looking after her and being part of the gang! :)

Do you mean lee's driving? :D

Lee set the bar...now she's going everywhere as a passenger full pelt and loving it.... :D

I dont know why but i had a strange feeling you wouldnt do another one, glad you are mate!! i need to get to the next one... missed out big time

No way, I will never miss another, JB could charge a fortune for his planning skills.

The satnav files are a must have IMO, they are brilliant, without them you wouldn't be able the blast off without fear of getting lost, I left the pack a few times (toilet/food/fuel stops) but with the nav and a heavy right foot you can soon catch up.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

No way, I will never miss another, JB could charge a fortune for his planning skills.

The satnav files are a must have IMO, they are brilliant, without them you wouldn't be able the blast off without fear of getting lost, I left the pack a few times (toilet/food/fuel stops) but with the nav and a heavy right foot you can soon catch up.

Wicked Jamie, thats good to hear. I will definately be at the next one. Did you spend much on fuel as you gave it stick most the way lmao? did you get any speeding fines?

Where do I sign up!!?? Will make sure I have a spare tyre.......... Or 2 :D

Cough* A jack too *cough.

Need a good Scottish contingent to sign up and make the UK drive more interesting.:D

Racist..!!

I was amazed at the number of people who didn't have sat navs. We would have been knackered without it as the packs show the map but when you get into built up areas they cannot be that detailed or we would end up supplying an A-Z for the trip.

The e-mails are already going on behind the scenes so we will see what happens. Quite a few casualties this year but I am not sure how that could be improved. The number of people travelling with faulty cars and no European cover was frightening.

What a trip though. Never got that spin Jamie but chasing you in the "naughty" group gave me an idea of how savage that machine is. Looks good in a disabled bay aswell...:sly::D

Well atleast the Scots might stop when they see you on the hard shoulder!:p

That is a low blow. I am still gutted that we didn't come back and although there wouldn't have been much we could have done, I reckon we could have got you moving to somewhere a bit safer.

Stood in my kitchen at 1am wondering what to do.

I'll get you some Desparados next time we meet Mark.

H.

I am going to suggest the same as I do every year, which is to have you guys drive to Lisbon via the Portsmouth to Bilbao 'Spain' 24hr Ferry which is a blast itself. Once in Bilbao its a further 7 hours to the fantastic city of Lisbon where you guys can enjoy some nice beach weather from as early as April. The drive is really fantastic I've done it twice now, you drive through stunning hills and country side.

Day 1 Ferry Crossing - Day 2 Hillside drive to Lisbon area - Day 3 Track day at Estoril Racing Circuit + Lunch & Coastal road drive + At night 'underground racing' style driving with 'go pro's' into Lisbon for a couple of go fast racing and a shandy' - Day 4: Hung over lazy beach day soaking up rays and eating some nice seafood ;-).

Portugal is quite cheap for going out to eat, accommodation, drinks etc so even though you will be spending +/-300 Pounds for the ferry crossing with cabin you make that up once in savings of the other general costs.

Speed camera's and traffic cops in Portugal is virtually non existent. ;)

I am also quite know for throwing a good party, so I could plan a fantastic night out to one of Lisbon's best nightclubs on the last day.

My wife wants a vette so she can drive next year. Lol

She suggested rather than having one hotel as a base we have 2. So we can go a bit further/see more. So one in France. Then over to northern Germany for a night maybe then back

JB could charge a fortune for his planning skills.

I would happily pay more to justify the cost of this, the time and effort that gets put in by the organisers surely means it's worth it.

Plus if the cost went up we could justify putting even more into the trip in loads of different ways.

JB- If you need any extra help organising for next year, I am happy to help take some of the strain.

Rob, I am going to drag you out of the yacht and take you there, you'd love it and be awesome company too for an event like this... even with the banana's on your head.

I am very attached to the flybridge jacuzzi (literally, Ed has lost the keys to the cuffs) but I guess I could tear myself away for a few days.

I'm currently moored up outside Lord Rothschild's villa, off the NE Corfu coast at the moment ;)

The Dragoball trips really must be a right laugh, as I've done a few Le Mans trips and love those French roads, plus with a good bunch of people from the club, it really

should be made compulsary to attend :D

She suggested rather than having one hotel as a base we have 2. So we can go a bit further/see more. So one in France. Then over to northern Germany for a night maybe then back

That would be to many miles for a couple of days IMHO, JB nailed this event.

I think having one base is a good idea, as you then have one day of pure driving, without a car full of crap. Just leave the stuff behind, and get out and enjoy the road.

Seems great and will have to do one of these, I keep looking at the Dragoncol but somewhat want to save it for DB14 instead as it is a longer event. Uk gumball would be a laugh too but with all the events both club and Japfest/santapod ect there would never be enough time or draw for it I would guess.

Stevlio pass is a little far away

http://goo.gl/maps/QHuRb

thats nearly the whole mileage we did for the weekend!!

Motorways are fun for a while, but when it rains they just become hard work. So I tend to keep off the motorways as much as I can. First and last day I use them to get some mileage out the way as quickly as we can, then it is back roads all the way.

I have plans for 2014 and will get some help from people next year. This year was seriously hard work and the hotel didnt help my temprament with their unwillingness to help.

I also need more people to come past me, you all got to see the rear end of other supras, all I got was a dirty great tractor and untold silver Renault Kangoo vans. I even followed Ellis all the way down the M20 and round the M25 just to look at his rear end...

I have plans for 2014 and will get some help from people next year. This year was seriously hard work and the hotel didnt help my temprament with their unwillingness to help.

I also need more people to come past me, you all got to see the rear end of other supras, all I got was a dirty great tractor and untold silver Renault Kangoo vans. I even followed Ellis all the way down the M20 and round the M25 just to look at his rear end...

I am happy to help in any way I can John

I know you were looking at my fat arse a few times:blink: