The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DragonBall 2014 .............................!!!!

Jamesy

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Calais,+France&daddr=Circuit+de+Spa-Francorchamps,+Stavelot,+Belgium&hl=en&ll=50.495958,3.773804&spn=1.806563,4.916382&sll=50.868378,6.525879&sspn=3.584659,9.832764&geocode=FXp0CQMdflwcAClj4_HXdT_cRzH0edKM4Nm-rA%3BFTCbAQMdUiBbACEOXMMZiF4QeCk392AEXHvARzEOXMMZiF4QeA&t=h&dirflg=ht&mra=ls&z=8

:innocent:

Possibly a bit far… it's further than Rouen. However there are some awesome driving roads around Spa Circuit itself… Just zoom in and look around on maps to see what I mean!

Possibly pick a destination closer to Calais for the base and then run to Spa and around on the Saturday.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Calais,+France&daddr=Circuit+de+Spa-Francorchamps,+Stavelot,+Belgium&hl=en&ll=50.495958,3.773804&spn=1.806563,4.916382&sll=50.868378,6.525879&sspn=3.584659,9.832764&geocode=FXp0CQMdflwcAClj4_HXdT_cRzH0edKM4Nm-rA%3BFTCbAQMdUiBbACEOXMMZiF4QeCk392AEXHvARzEOXMMZiF4QeA&t=h&dirflg=ht&mra=ls&z=8

:innocent:

Possibly a bit far… it's further than Rouen. However there are some awesome driving roads around Spa Circuit itself… Just zoom in and look around on maps to see what I mean!

Possibly pick a destination closer to Calais for the base and then run to Spa and around on the Saturday.

that is actually workable. I planned on doing Belgium or Luxembourg next year so I might be able to work that in.

Just got to get FnF6 out the way, then I can plan DragonCol and then look at Dragonball 2014. Oh and theres also the 20th Anniversary stuff to sort.

I am going to suggest the same as I do every year, which is to have you guys drive to Lisbon via the Portsmouth to Bilbao 'Spain' 24hr Ferry which is a blast itself. Once in Bilbao its a further 7 hours to the fantastic city of Lisbon where you guys can enjoy some nice beach weather from as early as April. The drive is really fantastic I've done it twice now, you drive through stunning hills and country side.

Day 1 Ferry Crossing - Day 2 Hillside drive to Lisbon area - Day 3 Track day at Estoril Racing Circuit + Lunch & Coastal road drive + At night 'underground racing' style driving with 'go pro's' into Lisbon for a couple of go fast racing and a shandy' - Day 4: Hung over lazy beach day soaking up rays and eating some nice seafood ;-).

Portugal is quite cheap for going out to eat, accommodation, drinks etc so even though you will be spending +/-300 Pounds for the ferry crossing with cabin you make that up once in savings of the other general costs.

Speed camera's and traffic cops in Portugal is virtually non existent. ;)

I am also quite know for throwing a good party, so I could plan a fantastic night out to one of Lisbon's best nightclubs on the last day.

Me and fearless are planning a drive down to Granada in sept

Going on the Plymouth to Santander ferry

I also need more people to come past me, you all got to see the rear end of other supras, all I got was a dirty great tractor and untold silver Renault Kangoo vans. I even followed Ellis all the way down the M20 and round the M25 just to look at his rear end...

I thought it was courtesy not to pass the main man :D ..... but if you insist we'll to try and nudge in front for a while to give you a change of scenery :innocent:

I must admit, seeing supras as far as the eye can see infront and behind is an awesome sight :)

General rule is you can go past me any time you want, if we are 5k or less from the pull over I will flash you and so long as you slow down to 60 or so I will go back past you.

Otherwise my time is spend looking at tractors, Renault and huge lorries.

General rule is you can go past me any time you want, if we are 5k or less from the pull over I will flash you and so long as you slow down to 60 or so I will go back past you.

Duly noted!! :D ......Some of the farm machinery driving down those roads was crazy at times!!!

I didn't slow down to 60 and you flew back past me, maybe my speedo is not working lol

Bad Bad Bossman:d

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

So does that mean I broke the rules by overtaking you 50 yards from the turn off then almost cutting you up to make the slip road? :innocent: It was Jamesy trying to race me, please don't ban me... ban him, he's a bad influence.

So does that mean I broke the rules by overtaking you 50 yards from the turn off then almost cutting you up to make the slip road? :innocent: It was Jamesy trying to race me, ...blueeerrrr blur bleurrr .

Ha!! Anything to win a race eh mush?!!

After watching the pictures and videos I really want to go to this!!

Can anyone tell me roughly how much the trip was so I know what I need to save up :p

Budget around £650 - £750 realistically with train, hotel, petrol, food and drink. I did 1200 miles so at an average of 250-300 miles per tank you're looking at around £350 - £450 for fuel alone in that figure!

Guest Budz86
So does that mean I broke the rules by overtaking you 50 yards from the turn off then almost cutting you up to make the slip road? :innocent: It was Jamesy trying to race me, please don't ban me... ban him, he's a bad influence.

Good to know I wasn't the only one cutting people up just before the slip roads!

Budget around £650 - £750 realistically with train, hotel, petrol, food and drink. I did 1200 miles so at an average of 250-300 miles per tank you're looking at around £350 - £450 for fuel alone in that figure!

That is more reasonable than I thought it'd be. Will definitely get budgeting for next year in that case :)

That's actually not that bad I was think £1K+ yeah being just over the border I'd have much higher miles than say people down near London :) so having £1k for it and I'd be safe then :D