The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest version30
guys thanks for all the feed back i really appreciate it but the point isn,t (is he selling a car that was potentially mine) but the fact that he part exchanged me a car that was sold with 12 months warranty

2 months later the engines knocking and he,s denying it has any warranty and refuses to do anything about it....

i just want the car fixed,,is that too much to ask???

Warranties are in addition to your statutory rights under SOGA 1979.

Under SOGA any problems arising in the first 6 months are considered to have been there at point of purchase and is the responsibility of the retailer / used car dealer / who ever sold the item (new or not) to you.

If your car is knackered after 2 months then you have a number of options.

Reject / repair or replace at their cost / small claims for the cost of the repairs.(after giving them a chance to put things right and they have failed / refused)

Dont let them fob you off regarding warranties. Its bull.

Go to the consumeractiongroup motor and vehicle section they will provide some help.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/676408/oft1241.pdf

Edited by version30
Soga only applies where goods are purchased from a business (see edit history)

Bargain Cars Direct - done a search on Google for these guys, no website but an address has popped up which is a residential area??

This link shows a Google map image and says the company is disolved:

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/bargain-cars-direct

ive been to this dodgy estate. they offered to let me drive a car with no m.o.t, tax or insurance

oh and i was also told that " when we go drifting we always use our supras!" yeah...exactly what i wanted to hear about a car i came to look at...

and at last the mods might be able to do something about these guys

Guest TwoJoeZee

Glad I did not buy a Supra of them. I was interested in one first so I mailed them, but in the answers I got, they didn't sound very eager to sell the car. All I got were short answers.

After some research about them on the forums, I came to conclusion I'd better look somewhere else.

I'm sure my old NA was from Platinum Autos in High Wycombe. Funnily enough, I seem to remember the guy there being called Ali also.

My rocker cover gasket was gone when I bought the car, (didnt know much at all back then).

Wouldnt surprise me if they were part of this multisingle company too.

:Popcorn:

I actually had a running email conversation with who I thought to be Paul Brown, he was very polite and helpful in sharing UK spec details he had in stock as well as just idle chit chat. Then about 6 months ago when things started going bad he just disappeared no word just gone. I wonder who I was talking to ? Probably this guy Ali.

I was looking at a Supra here a while ago until I saw this thread on DW

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-chat/174549-caution-about-yellow-s15-spec-r.html

Brilliant!

Perhaps 'Paul Brown' would like to comment? :)

As they say, "The truth will out" :) also, I'm going to be going to Pistonheads with this new found knowledge, good luck selling cars when you're banned from there! :D

I might ask to be a honorary moderator for a day, I'd love to be the one to press the ban button on 'him' :D

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Brilliant!

As they say, "The truth will out" :) also, I'm going to be going to Pistonheads with this new found knowledge, good luck selling cars when you're banned from there! :D

I might ask to be a honorary moderator for a day, I'd love to be the one to press the ban button on 'him' :D

:D

That is great work from the person above who posted the link! An the other evidence to come to light about PA & BT!! Surely this should be reported to trading standards? This is not how you do business!! A dis-honest living will ALWAYS come to a halt.

Guest version30

Paul brown cars ltd has been struck off and dissolved as of 22nd May 2012. There's no longer any such registered company. Bargain cars direct was also dissolved in 2010 but in 2011 was newly incorporated with the same sole director.

Just have a look on bizzy

http://bizzy.co.uk/search/BARGAIN%20CARS%20DIRECT%20LIMITED

and

http://bizzy.co.uk/uk/07407717/paulbrowncars

all public info

Edited by version30 (see edit history)

This made me laugh and taken from the thread on DW.

It's cos Paul brown cars are actually run by two dodgy Asian guys! My friend bought a black 34 GTT off them/Paul brown cars, and they were dodgy as hell, trackies and doing deals in side streets, unlike the lovely garage they pretend to advertise from!

Brilliant!

Good on you. About time we take action to take control of our country.....every little helps.