The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

I agree. If your buying a car like that with what's on offer you check first. It may be Paul decides not to offer that on such a car. Singles can, nut not always be unpredictable. You all know that.

If it blows after sale Because you decided to have a crack at remapping it yourself then I wouldn't expect Paul to offer anything. I would expect that he checks the cars he sells. And if it's remapped after sale or parts changed then who knows if the car was faulty or the owner or mapper did something wrong.

On mostly stock or bpu cars this isn't so much of an issue. If the owner fits some decays without a rr and blows the turbos then refits the cats and takes it back to Paul... Well turbos very rarely go on there own without being over stressed so it's not Paul's fault.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but how would you prove that someone messed with the exhaust? and what if the buyer didnt but paul said he did?

things like this get messy and obviously sellers (not just paul) will try and wriggle the way out of sorting it out so imo the warranty means nothing because he will just say its the way its been driven/looked after/tampered with to get out of it.

but if what paul says is true, he checks over who he sells to so he can avoid situations like this and he does in fact pay out on all the warranty claims then fair enough, understandable but how do you know which ones are the good buyers? the ones that are not so obvious

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

but he dont have a good reputation , thats the thing.

but why? apart from him being ignorant at times has anyone on the forum ever managed to buy one? has he actually ever answered and followed a sale through to anyone on here. just wondering if anyone has had any problems

Why does he? Are you thinking of buying a car from him, or are you just jumping on him like most others in this thread?

Lets keep criticisms from people who have actually dealt with Mr Brown personally shall we? I don't like the witch hunt direction this thread has taken.

I'm asking as I'm taking part in an open discussion thread on a public forum - I'm sorry if you've taken offence by that and assume I'm jumping on him.

I just thought a trader would openly want to put peoples minds at rest. I don't want to buy a car from him but have always looked at PBC when I've been looking at cars in the past, so if there isn't direct interest now, there could be in the future, so would be nice to know the answer. There was no criticism in my original post. :rolleyes:

Why does he? Are you thinking of buying a car from him, or are you just jumping on him like most others in this thread?

Lets keep criticisms from people who have actually dealt with Mr Brown personally shall we? I don't like the witch hunt direction this thread has taken.

Agree. Usual 'sheep' mentality I'm afraid.

No no, you're the one following the accuser without reading my post - tell me where I was "jumping on him like everyone else"??

I was asking a question Ellis, maybe you read back and see to get a whole picture before making an assumption....

Could Mr Brown confirm if his warranty is backed up by an independant finance company or whether it is simply his word. I refer to my post (post 66).

There is no point in anyone getting excited about a warranty which is just a promise and not guaranteed.

I like turtles.

My friend has one. Its 104 years old and likes lettice. Amazing little thing.

Could Mr Brown confirm if his warranty is backed up by an independant finance company or whether it is simply his word. I refer to my post (post 66).

There is no point in anyone getting excited about a warranty which is just a promise and not guaranteed.

My friend has one. Its 104 years old and likes lettice. Amazing little thing.

lettice:d

Your obv not gonna see the paper on a website are you...Paul cant write a post which will answer every question you ask as well as 'most' of you arent even interested in buying from him. If anyone was serious about buying from him, 8 hour drive or not you'd get in the car and go and see it.

My Experiance:

1st time

2 cars in stock I was interested over, he's a good 2hours+ drive from me. Wouldn't allow a viewing on a weekday giving 3 days notice, guy was rather abrupt albeit it seemingly polite.

moral: I bought another car from a private sale.

2nd time 6+ months later:

Called regarding a milage question to which they couldn't answer how many miles it had.

I decided to leave them be and go to Jurgen. Shouldn't have even considered them after my first dealings however that's just my dealings I guess.

Have you been away on holiday Chris?

It's been quiet without you, especially since Josh moved into his new house.

+1 on this though.

Mum & Dad have been away on holiday so i've been doing the cleaning. Also i have been at work all day and normally once im home im either tidying or falling asleep. Im sure you guys could off done with a break without me going on 24/7 about random things lol :).

• 1 month later...
Guest wizepranker

i,ve dealt with these charlatans and can honestly say from the very beginning it was all very amateur,arranged a part xchange the car was delivered to me,was no where near in perfect condition as described in the ad,,,

it was advertised as a 95 it was a 93 ,,78k miles it had done 83k..no interior mats,no valet,no service history records,no spare keys,flat battery,fog lights dont work,radio/cd player dont work,,no receipt for proof of purchase the list goes on.....believe it or not i overlooked all this ...2 months later the engine started knocking,,the car was advertised with 12 months warranty so i rang to see if we could come to some arrangement,,the guy(not paul brown)was rude.,confrontational said it didnt have any warranty because i,d part xchanged and not paid cash,,,i checked the website and it doesn,t state this anywhere...

after a few heated words he basically didn,t care he,d sold a car that was knackered after 2 months and was not prepared to try and rectify the problem in any way..said it was my fault i had no receipt of purchase and refused to give me one now and said i should have chased up a warranty pack????

at the end of the day i,m left with a car worth no more than 3k that needs 2k spending on it,,,,with no help from them...

to go back to recent posts on here i truly believe paul brown does not exist,,its a bunch of people hiding behind the name,,there is no showroom.,,and the warranty and aftercare is all lies as i have experienced,,,,

i,m just in talks with citizens advice/trading standards to see if they can shed a little light on what i,m entitled to,,my experience from start to finish was awful,,i would never recommend nor will i ever deal with these people again,,,

Edited by wizepranker (see edit history)

Guest wizepranker

saddest thing about this whole story is i had a red uk tt 6 speed manual(rare as hens teeth i know)which needed a new big end,,i just couldn,t afford to have it fixed so when i was offered the part ex with my car it seamt like the only option i had,,

after i,d complained they told me the uk car i,d provided was a virtual write off and they sold for(check this out) SCRAP VALUE,,,hahaha,,

and just so happens thar 5 weeks to the day of the deal a red uk tt 6 spd manual pops up on their website for £14,9995,,,,uhm,,,wonder who,s car that is then....surely its not my scrap value heap of junk....i,ll leave it for you to decide,,,,

Edited by wizepranker (see edit history)