The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Paul brown cars?

awu98

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering our forum and the quality of the members cars on here I completely agree with your advice.

Unless its a sub 3yr old car and I wanted the manufacturers / extended warranty personally I wouldn't bother with a dealer.

I've bought cars from Paul Whiffin and Jurgen, and have had nothing but perfect service. I think as a forum we should support our traders, not advise people to buy privately on principle.

I would always advise someone looking for a TT Supra to go to Jurgen and get a fresh import. Many Supras in the UK have seen too many winters.

I've bought cars from Paul Whiffin and Jurgen, and have had nothing but perfect service. I think as a forum we should support our traders, not advise people to buy privately on principle.

I would always advise someone looking for a TT Supra to go to Jurgen and get a fresh import. Many Supras in the UK have seen too many winters.

I would always prefer to buy from a fellow owner (FIRST) so that I can personally assess whether the car has been looked after well, Has UK history (big plus point if a car has been serviced by LeeP as an example for a number of years) as supposed to Japanese history which personally I wouldn't trust regardless of what anyone says.

A few months back we bought a car for my wife - visited the private buyers house, met his family and didn't even bother negotiating on price. car is as good as new and a good 4K cheaper than the dealer.

imi

Edited by imi (see edit history)

I would always prefer to buy from a fellow owner (FIRST) so that I can personally assess whether the car has been looked after well, Has UK history as supposed to Japanese history which personally I wouldn't trust regardless of what anyone says.

A few months back we bought a car for my wife - visited the private buyers house, met his family and didn't even bother negotiating on price. car is as good as new and a good 4K cheaper than the dealer.

imi

I agree with you about Japanese service history, but I'd also say that UK service history doesn't really mean that much with these cars.

I'd always buy a Supra on its condition alone, thankfully these cars make it very obvious when something is wrong, mechanically or otherwise. It's always nice to have a folder of old paperwork though.

Guest version30

Had a dig around and theres nothing on paper officially to connect paul brown cars ltd (which had a registered office and trading premises in london and is now dissolved)to bargain cars direct / boyz toyz etc.

However on a director level paul brown does exist and oddly enough have a look at the place of registry address ... http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/915490344

all public info.

Sure some on the forum would like to bump into him too.

Just because he says he is "Paul from Paul Brown Cars" doesnt mean he IS "paul". Anyone can say their name is **** on a forum. I could tell everyone my name is Bob and no one would know different (except those who personally know me).

Thanks for the post Bob.

I have been going through their ads. If you had a reputable business with a showroom and a plot for 80+ cars, you would show it in your adverts. All the pics are taken out on the street just in the same place that the Trade Cars adverts used to be. Front number plate in black, rear one white with the same font. I imagine if i had the time to delve deep enough into this there would be loads of info that links them.

Just get them banned FFS..!!

H.

I know :)

My point was, if there was a legitimate reason behind it ie: a partnership or something, then surely he would defend himself. The fact that he doesnt, just makes him seem guilty regardless.

As no one can actually PROVE they have done wrong, I'm not accusing them, though I have asked questions about the legitimacy of the companies.

Unfortunately, a reciept from one and a bank statement saying another, could just be a partnership thing that could be above board. I very much doubt it, but again this thread is one where people who have not had direct contact with any of the companies are jumping on board.

I got my first supra from Platinum Autos in High Wycombe, and the person there sounded very much like the people at PB, BCD and BT. I find it odd that all companies under question all have the same staff descriptions.

Also, going by the Company Checker I found online http://www.companysearchesmadesimple.com all the companies are registered to residential addresses, and not business locations.

Seems very fishy.

Ofcourse, all the evidence points towards dodgy dealing, but so far, there is no hard proof. As I said, unless someone can PROVE that the companies are all registered under the one name, then there is nothing anyone can do, and a bank statement and reciept for a purchase with two companies names on them, is easily pushed to one side by the defending party, by claiming a partnership. Then people with have to prove that that partnership does not exist, which would be even harder.

And no, I'm not a mole, people on here know me personally, and after I bought a supra from PA, and later found the RC gasket was fubared, I wouldnt dream of defending them. All I'm saying is we need SOLID PROOF of one person trading under multiple companies, and also proof of the state of vehicles bought from them.

And no, I'm not a mole, people on here know me personally, and after I bought a supra from PA, and later found the RC gasket was fubared, I wouldnt dream of defending them. All I'm saying is we need SOLID PROOF of one person trading under multiple companies, and also proof of the state of vehicles bought from them.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like one - good chance that it is a duck

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like one - good chance that it is a duck

Is that an accusation? I sincerely hope not. I'm an active member who has a lot of input all over the forum. Platinum Autos screwed me over on a Supra. Why would I defend a company suspected to be part of a dodgy enterprise?

Plus, it would be a bit hard as I live in South Wales, attend the meets, travel to Devon where family is and see the devon owners, and am also in the Army.

:p

Maybe an apology is in order here.

Edited by listy (see edit history)

Paul Brown Cars? Not where the site says it is either!

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=hp123rq&hl=en&ll=51.625494,-0.772594&spn=0.001608,0.005262&sll=52.405331,-4.159948&sspn=3.210727,10.777588&t=h&hnear=High+Wycombe+HP12+3RQ,+United+Kingdom&z=18

Been on street view "walking" around. The only place that looks like it could be a Jap Car dealership says "polosrus" on the sign, with a R33, 300ZX, scoobies outside. On the map, labelled as Single Market Business Services.

Definitely no where signed as PBC!

it baffles me fellas how paul brown ,ali, whoever this fool is chooses who buys a shonky supra from him and operates a no "nob" policy haha how does a nob decide if another can have a supra wierd... my dealings with him just get him off here and pistonheads ... bunch of yee haas!

This sums up the tactics employed by PBC

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=407576

yepp, cars not as described. repost adverts to well presented cars that they do not have for sale... Will provide some bullsh*t story that they sold earlier that day and then end up readvertising the same advert later that week. The same advert has been running since october 2011 til now for a white evo 5..... the exact one I enquired about and went out of my way to see.