Paul brown cars?

awu98

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wizepranker
Hi Wizepranker.

You're saying things that have been long suspected by many on here. Can you provide some evidence to back up what you're saying? That way we can at least inform people of their poor trading practices.

thats the million dollar question,,,they,re obviously very clever people,

i had no receipt of purchase which i was told would be sent to me,,,,it never was......

all i have is the car they advertised sat on my drive and a bit of a scribble on the log book by a guy called ali who delivered the car to me..

saddest thing about this whole story is i had a red uk tt 6 speed manual(rare as hens teeth i know)which needed a new big end,,i just couldn,t afford to have it fixed so when i was offered the part ex with my car it seamt like the only option i had,,

after i,d complained they told me the uk car i,d provided was a virtual write off and they sold for(check this out) SCRAP VALUE,,,hahaha,,

and just so happens thar 5 weeks to the day of the deal a red uk tt 6 spd manual pops up on their website for £14,9995,,,,uhm,,,wonder who,s car that is then....surely its not my scrap value heap of junk....i,ll leave it for you to decide,,,,

This one?

http://www.paulbrowncars.co.uk/car_Twin-Turbo-UK-SPEC-6-Speed-Manual-In-%27%27AS-NEW%27%27-condition-Toyota-_160_40_index.php

Guess what, its descibed as Stunning....

No mention of the bust engine either, how stange.

His catchphrase should read:

"Paul Brown Cars, Never an honest deal"

saddest thing about this whole story is i had a red uk tt 6 speed manual(rare as hens teeth i know)which needed a new big end,,i just couldn,t afford to have it fixed so when i was offered the part ex with my car it seamt like the only option i had,,

after i,d complained they told me the uk car i,d provided was a virtual write off and they sold for(check this out) SCRAP VALUE,,,hahaha,,

and just so happens thar 5 weeks to the day of the deal a red uk tt 6 spd manual pops up on their website for £14,9995,,,,uhm,,,wonder who,s car that is then....surely its not my scrap value heap of junk....i,ll leave it for you to decide,,,,

If you've filled in the part of the V5 to say it's been scrapped, hopefully they wouldn't be stupid enough to then fix the car up.

Shame you scrapped it to get another.

Guest wizepranker
This one?

http://www.paulbrowncars.co.uk/car_Twin-Turbo-UK-SPEC-6-Speed-Manual-In-%27%27AS-NEW%27%27-condition-Toyota-_160_40_index.php

Guess what, its descibed as Stunning....

No mention of the bust engine either, how stange.

His catchphrase should read:

"Paul Brown Cars, Never an honest deal"

can i please clarify that i cant 100% guarantee that,s my car but its a very big coincidence dont you think???

Little mistake in that advert I noticed-

Also for the UK customers these are an attractive investment as this intial premium will be returned due to lower insurance costs (as opposed the the JDM model) and obviously the resale value of these cars is certain to stay quite high if not increase in the future. In fact if it werent for the gay imports coming in these cars would be demanding the same price if not more than the Honda NSX models.

Whoops!! :D

Thinks to note would be the position of the service sticker on the air intake in the engine bay, the type of batter fitted and the tax disc holder.

Do you recognize any of these parts?

As it's a totally OEM car it's harder to tell it apart especially as they don't quote the mileage.

I take it your car was a 1996 model?

Really feel gutted for you, must be a horrible feeling knowing this has happened.

Just a shame you never frequented the forum more often, there may have been people who could have helped you to get it sorted out cheaper.

Guest wizepranker

guys thanks for all the feed back i really appreciate it but the point isn,t (is he selling a car that was potentially mine) but the fact that he part exchanged me a car that was sold with 12 months warranty

2 months later the engines knocking and he,s denying it has any warranty and refuses to do anything about it....

i just want the car fixed,,is that too much to ask???

guys thanks for all the feed back i really appreciate it but the point isn,t (is he selling a car that was potentially mine) but the fact that he part exchanged me a car that was sold with 12 months warranty

2 months later the engines knocking and he,s denying it has any warranty and refuses to do anything about it....

i just want the car fixed,,is that too much to ask???

That's funny ! Maybe you should direct him to the other thread about his company, I'm pretty sure he states to members on here that his warrantys cover fully built engines etc... And everyone agreed that it sounded too good to be true, have a look fella ! I'd try post the link but I'm on my phone @ work.

I bought a car from Paul Brown Cars last year, paid by debit card only for Bargain Cars Direct, High Wycombe, GB to appear on my bank statement! Anybody heard of this outfit?!!!!

Thats very useful, as it proves 'Paul Brown' has been lying all along. If you can send details to the mods we can finally get rid of that clown! :)

Thats very useful, as it proves 'Paul Brown' has been lying all along. If you can send details to the mods we can finally get rid of that clown! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]158329[/ATTACH]

Bit crude but screenshot of my bank statement attached, if it works!

Good stuff. Not for you, but maybe for the club and Supra owners in general :)

That's very good to have confirmation of the link between Paul Brown cars and "Bargain Cars Direct"/"Boyz Toyz" in High Wycombe. It's been suspected they were all related for some time.

Why would a reputable company trade under multiple different names?...

Good stuff. Not for you, but maybe for the club and Supra owners in general :)

I got a good Supra out of the deal, wasn't happy with service (don't need me to repeat same stories already told) but tried to give them the benefit of the doubt as may need to sell the car in future and they understand that UK TT6's are appreciating assets! Final straw was when I met the previous owner of the car (very nice guy fortunately) and he asked if I rec'd the replacement UK spec headunit, cd changer and wire to connect it to the boot to replace the broken cd player. Answer was of course no so 11 months into my 1 year warranty period I quizzed PB on this and suprise suprise said cd equipment is nowhere to be seen and got spun a load of bollocks and at a push they may of butchered a car currently in stock (non are actually compatible as I dont currently have the autochanger in the boot) but would require my broken item in exchange, I imagine to sell on in another immaculate example knowing the cd player is broken.

Having given up on it getting fixed under warranty I decided to then test their buy back policy (only reason not voiced my dismay with the service) on any stock they sell as there is a good chance I'll be working overseas for decent lenght of time, guess what wouldn't take it!

Very poor service and speaking to prior owner uncovered some other untruths offered by the salesman at Paul Brown Cars.