The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind comments guys, I wish I could keep it forever but it's just not possible. I also hope I dont have to break it as that will be a massive loss of a great car which is why I got the turbos rebuild but not everyone has this sort of money to spend on a toy and I won't have it sitting around on sale for ages.

TT6 would probs suit you better smiler... Somsthing you could possibly just about handle the power of. ;)

:p

I reckon you will change your mind ;).

I doubt I will to be honest, it's taken me a long time to come to this decision. If I was loaded I'd just mothball it for a couple of years and keep it forever...

Just remember you'll never get another one like this ;)

Without a doubt one of my favourite off the club, the sounds, looks, it's perfect. :love:

Thanks mate and I know I won't which is why it's a very difficult decision but family comes first.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got round to refitting the turbos last week. The turbos were rebuilt with genuine parts and refitted with all new studs and gaskets.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196725&d=1422817709

attachment.php?attachmentid=196726&d=1422817709

attachment.php?attachmentid=196727&d=1422817709

attachment.php?attachmentid=196728&d=1422817709

attachment.php?attachmentid=196729&d=1422817709

attachment.php?attachmentid=196730&d=1422817766

attachment.php?attachmentid=196731&d=1422817766

Yesterday was the moment of truth, firing the car up after four months and testing the rebuilt turbos.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196732&d=1422817766

It started straight up good as gold and was left running to warm up and check for leaks etc.

attachment.php?attachmentid=196733&d=1422817766

Took it for a run on low boost and it drove perfect, got back and check for leaks etc and all was good.

I'm meeting Ryan on Tuesday for a quick once over on the mapping. It shouldn't of made any difference as the turbos were rebuilt like for like but it's always best to check it over.

It's certainly a nice feeling to be back behind the wheel again. :)

IMG_3397_2.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3403_2.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3410.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

Congratulations on getting this one back up and running.

Will certainly be a shame to see another one off car getting sold, although it does seem to be inevitable for most simply due to the vast amounts of money involved in building/ keeping them going from a practicality point view.

All the best with wherever this takes you, you will always have the memories.

Plus if all else fails, you can give in and build another :D

Lol, Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind comments.

As some of you may know I've bought Dragonball tickets for May even though my wife is due to give birth on the day we get back lol, I couldn't resist... I'm hoping she will drop before so I can go but it will be a bit hit and miss. So for now the car is staying with me unless someone makes me an offer I cant refuse. :)

Car is looking sweet....

Would you mind sharing details of the DRL kit? It looks stunning, would love to fit something similar on my car..

Cheers, they came out better than expected to be honest. They are made by RING but not sure which model they are. The bumper had to be modified to fit them and it was a bit of a pig to be honest. It's not going to be easy to replicate.

Have a word with Lee at SRD as he purchased and fitted them and may have more info for you.

Lol, Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind comments.

As some of you may know I've bought Dragonball tickets for May even though my wife is due to give birth on the day we get back lol, I couldn't resist... I'm hoping she will drop before so I can go but it will be a bit hit and miss. So for now the car is staying with me unless someone makes me an offer I cant refuse. :)

Cheers, they came out better than expected to be honest. They are made by RING but not sure which model they are. The bumper had to be modified to fit them and it was a bit of a pig to be honest. It's not going to be easy to replicate.

Have a word with Lee at SRD as he purchased and fitted them and may have more info for you.

Thanks mate.. Will give him a shout..

• 2 weeks later...

Met Ryan at SRR today to check the map on the car and I'm glad I did now as the turbos are moving about 10% more air than before so it certainly needed a tweak. I think they've been on their way out for a while and DBv2 in September with ethanol just finished them off. :D

We couldn't get a good power run on the dyno as always due to traction and I didn't want to kill the tyres but the car definitely boosts better and spools slightly quicker. We also did a fair bit of road mapping to fine tune the drive ability at low revs and the car feels better than ever.

Next stop is off to SRD for it's annual check over.

Met Ryan at SRR today to check the map on the car and I'm glad I did now as the turbos are moving about 10% more air than before so it certainly needed a tweak. I think they've been on their way out for a while and DBv2 in September with ethanol just finished them off. :D

We couldn't get a good power run on the dyno as always due to traction and I didn't want to kill the tyres but the car definitely boosts better and spools slightly quicker. We also did a fair bit of road mapping to fine tune the drive ability at low revs and the car feels better than ever.

Next stop is off to SRD for it's annual check over.

Good news all round then :D

Shame about the traction issue, Have they not fitted new rollers at SRR?