The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys. :thumbs:

How easy is it to refresh the RPS Steve? I might be interested as my twin plate won't hold much longer

Very easy apparently mate, have a chat with Lee. There is nothing wrong with it, I just want to fit a new clutch with the new box and the RPS triple is a bit overkill for what I need.

Mate truly badass build. Where the hell did you get those slim front indicators?? See them on a car in the States, totally uplifts the front of the car. Facelift ++

Thanks Ryan. They are DRL's made by RING and custom fitted to the bumper. The indicators have been relocated to the fog lights. :)

• 4 weeks later...

So the new gearbox was fitted last week.

Early start heading off to SRD with the intension of swapping the box in a day, staying over and heading back the next day.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211088&d=1460929599

Now I noticed a bit of an exhaust blow on the way up but thought maybe it was a gasket or something so it would be an easy fix whilst there but how wrong I was! When there we investigated and noticed it was around the manifold so there was only one thing for it... Strip the hot side! Now for anybody who has seen or worked on big twins, this is not an easy job!

attachment.php?attachmentid=211090&d=1460929599

attachment.php?attachmentid=211089&d=1460929599

And there it was, cracked manifold.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211091&d=1460929599

So I booked an extra couple of nights at the hotel and debated whether to keep this turbo kit or try something different. After sleeping on it I decided to keep it as its just part of the cars history, so the next morning we set about repairing the manifold. A great job was done on the repair and it was heat treated and all refitted. sorry no more pics of this as it was all a bit manic and I was too busy loosing my temper trying to get the thing back together. :D

So after I'd completely outstayed my welcome it was time to carry on with the job in hand lol. Out with the old in with the new.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211092&d=1460929599

New HKS LA clutch installed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211093&d=1460929662

attachment.php?attachmentid=211094&d=1460929662

Going back together.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211095&d=1460929662

And finally complete.

attachment.php?attachmentid=211096&d=1460929662

attachment.php?attachmentid=211097&d=1460929662

Other jobs completed whilst there was a service and wheel alignment. Then two days later than planned I was off home.

Got to say a massive thank you Lee and James at SRD as they could really of done without my overstay as they are extreamly busy as most of you know. They really are the best in the business for so many reasons.

The car drives fantastic with the new gearbox, silky smooth. It has totally transformed the car. Looking forward to giving it a proper test on Dragonball in a few weeks time. :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Excellent news, glad you managed to get it all sorted.

Lucky in a way you were already booked in for work, certainly a right bonus you managed to get it all fixed up in one go.

Interesting the new box is silky smooth though, as they were often referred to as notchy.

Fingers crossed for lots of smiles for many miles now :D

Excellent news, glad you managed to get it all sorted.

Lucky in a way you were already booked in for work, certainly a right bonus you managed to get it all fixed up in one go.

Interesting the new box is silky smooth though, as they were often referred to as notchy.

Fingers crossed for lots of smiles for many miles now :D

Cheers. :thumbs: Yeah was lucky really, would of been a nightmare if it wasn't noticed until after.

Maybe I should Change that to silky smooth for a V161 lol. To be honest I don't find them that bad.

Cheers. :thumbs: Yeah was lucky really, would of been a nightmare if it wasn't noticed until after.

Maybe I should Change that to silky smooth for a V161 lol. To be honest I don't find them that bad.

Oh ha :D

Just as I remember my old manual then, I totally agree not all that bad.