The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
How did mapping go Steve?

Yeah all good mate. Got the NTK mapped in and the car running nice and smooth. It didn't really make much more power with Ethanol as the turbos and injectors are maxed out but it is a lot more responsive.

It span a fair bit on the dyno as expected so couldn't get a proper power run, best we could get out of it on that dyno was 768bhp. It made that at the hubs at Abbey Motorsport so it's a strong 800bhp.

• 4 weeks later...

Few pics from the Dragonball trip last month. Had an awesome time with great friends and some epic driving involved, it was good to do one with less cars as it had a more relaxed feel.

Looking forward to the next one if I can make it as the wife is pregnant with our second child and It's due right around the end of May... Deja Vu!! Really should of thought about what I was doing at the time!

attachment.php?attachmentid=192582&d=1412881524

attachment.php?attachmentid=192583&d=1412881524

attachment.php?attachmentid=192584&d=1412881524

attachment.php?attachmentid=192585&d=1412881524

attachment.php?attachmentid=192586&d=1412881524

attachment.php?attachmentid=192587&d=1412881561

Evidence that my car does get dirty... sometimes :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=192591&d=1412882344

And the result of a small stone hitting the windscreen... :rolleyes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=192589&d=1412881561

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

IMG_3079.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

Edited by steve.m (see edit history)

Cheers guys, it could be worse and things like this are bound to happen when running this sort of power.

Not sure what's next to be honest. I'll take them off and see how much damage has been done. It feels like the exhaust wheel is still attached so fingers crossed its not gone any further than just the turbo.

I'd want to keep this set up as I love the way the car drove. If they can be rebuilt I will do them both to keep the balance right but I'm undecided on what to do at the moment as I've spend a fortune on the car this year and with another baby around the corner I'm not sure I can justify it.

Edited by steve.m (see edit history)

I've spend a fortune on the car this year and with another baby around the corner I'm not sure I can justify it.

Not good news Steve, with winter coming up I would leave it off the road until next year and spend the time and money on the more important things.

Family first mate. The car will still be there in 2015.