The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not good news Steve, with winter coming up I would leave it off the road until next year and spend the time and money on the more important things.

Family first mate. The car will still be there in 2015.

That is a shame mate , but as you say hi boost on turbos does take its toll,

as others have said take the time out over the winter and dont worry about it take care of your family but try not to end up like scott M with it sat for 4 years

Yeah absolutely, family first... but the car comes a very close second. :D I wont be leaving it too long, if I don't think I can get the car together for next year it will have to go.

Bummer mate - go N/A and have a car you can finally handle and still have the looks ;)

:rlol:... bitch!

dont get let her go over some turbos keep her get new tubbys and carry on

on a single turbo set up its 1k for a decent turbo on twins its 2k and if you have to pay someone to fit them then map your car again because the turbos are slightly different your looking at 3k+ really depending on turbo choice, so finding 3k when you have a baby on the way and time to even be in the car is another thing , after my second baby the supra has hardly moved ,

hope that you keep it though steve

Well the turbos are off and the damage is minimal, the exhaust wheel is still attached and shows no sign of damage so I'm happy no other damage has been caused elsewhere.

I'm going to send them off to be inspected etc and get a quote for a rebuild.

On the flip side, I found myself make a breaking list last night whist crying into my dinner lol. I know nobody wants to see this car broken, least of all me... but If I decide not to go any further with it, it will be my only option unfortunately.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192864&d=1413379338

attachment.php?attachmentid=192865&d=1413379338

attachment.php?attachmentid=192866&d=1413379338

attachment.php?attachmentid=192867&d=1413379338

IMG_3156.JPG

IMG_3157.JPG

IMG_3158.JPG

IMG_3159.JPG

Well the turbos are off and the damage is minimal, the exhaust wheel is still attached and shows no sign of damage so I'm happy no other damage has been caused elsewhere.

I'm going to send them off to be inspected etc and get a quote for a rebuild.

On the flip side, I found myself make a breaking list last night whist crying into my dinner lol. I know nobody wants to see this car broken, least of all me... but If I decide not to go any further with it, it will be my only option unfortunately.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=192864&d=1413379338

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=192865&d=1413379338

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=192866&d=1413379338

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=192867&d=1413379338

Would you consider selling the car as whole at all? If so let me know at what price, I would hate to see this get broken :)

Would you consider selling the car as whole at all? If so let me know at what price, I would hate to see this get broken :)

I'm undecided what to do at the moment but if I do decide to let it go I would need to see 28K to make it worth not breaking it which is why I can see that breaking would be my only option.

Ut ohh the dreaded rough copy of a breaking thread...

i did the same with my old Silver one when i needed to raise cahs for the do-luck and was amazed how much it all came to - the next day it was listed and started to get stripped.

Yeah I know, it totals well in excess of 30k in parts. I'm not going to rush into anything but just wanted to weigh up my options.