The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine ... Suppose if I had to .....Ill take it at Full Boost !

And park it like this

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAo9Vnhd-PDUqaJODllpwxOlL4-0bJsuRz6qSkyOiJR49XCgUWFA

:faint: I was just about to say yes then! lol

Still.need to see this in the flesh. Love the pictures.and its stance will have to grab details of the wheel set up you have when i do get to see you and the car :-)

Cheers, your still welcome to pop over anytime just give me a shout. :)

pretty nice car!!! you prob. already mentioned what type of lights/blinkers you have installed, but i would really like to know the manufacturer of those day light runners.

Thanks, the DRL's are made by RING but I can't remember which model they are unfortunately.

Will do :) maybe next week if your free?

:thumbs:

Blown away. Amazing car, and a credit to you.

Thank you for the opportunity to have a ride along too, look forward to returning the favor and maybe a local meet some point over the summer.

Thanks Ant. No problem, look forward to seeing yours when you get it back. :)

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

Lmao, well that escalated quickly! Thanks for the back up, you guys crack me up... Apart from Jamesy, he's just a pleb.

Steve - give me the nod if you want this bit tidying up on the thread.

Probably best to give it a trim when you get a minute mate lol, cheers.

• 10 months later...

So... its been a while since this thread was updated. The car hasn't really been used for a while and has done about a thousand miles since this time last year, mainly due to baby number two coming along and I've also been relocating my business but that's it now... no more kids! :D

Now the car suffered a little issue whist on DBv2 in September, it decided it didn't like going into fourth gear at high rpm anymore. It has since just been sat in the garage feeling sorry for itself and I had the usual winter blues thinking about selling again!

The car needed to be MOT'd in February and once I had it back out I got the bug again and started looking at my options of V160 rebuilds etc. The only people I wanted to rebuild the gearbox was Jacks Transmissions in the US but after numerous conversations with them it was soon evident that if I went down this avenue the car would be out of action most of the summer and I really wanted to avoid that.

So I started looking at second hand boxes and If going this route I wanted a V161 due to updated synchros etc. but the prices of these were skyrocketing. Although good working boxes could be found, they were still 20 odd years old and I could see myself ending up in the same boat.

So... Things escalated further and I started looking at brand new gearboxes but absolutely nobody could any longer source a new V161! The only new boxes available were V160's at Titan in the US but by the time I had spoken to them they were all out!

After a huge amount of searching I somehow managed to come across a brand new V161 lurking in Switzerland, naturally I snapped it up and It is now here waiting to go in. :) Before anybody asks... it was expensive!! but only the best for the Wangan... :D The car will also be getting a new HKS LA clutch when the box is swapped over so I will soon have an RPS Tripe carbon clutch for sale if anyone is interested.

Hoping to get plenty of use out the car this year! :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=210252&d=1458658632

Gearbox.jpg

Edited by steve.m (see edit history)

And it didn't take any dithering to come to this decision did it Ste, not one bit of dithering was seen anywhere :D

:D Nope not one bit... :p

Lovely car, did you weigh up the idea of getting the box rebuilt instead?

As i mentioned I looked at options of V160 rebuilds etc. The only people I wanted to rebuild the gearbox was Jacks Transmissions in the US but after numerous conversations with them it was soon evident that if I went down this avenue the car would be out of action most of the summer and I really wanted to avoid that.

New gearbox wanker!!!! :D

Yep. ;)

Nice update mate car looks awesome, is that a garage you have with wooden flooring?? :D

Cheers, its my new work unit. :)

:D Nope not one bit... :p

As i mentioned I looked at options of V160 rebuilds etc. The only people I wanted to rebuild the gearbox was Jacks Transmissions in the US but after numerous conversations with them it was soon evident that if I went down this avenue the car would be out of action most of the summer and I really wanted to avoid that.

Yep. ;)

Cheers, its my new work unit. :)

Yep so you did! I'm totally blind lol