The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

It doesn't affect the weight (effort) of the PAS in anay way, that valve just adds air to make the engine idle faster when turning the wheel with the engine ticking over or on very light throttle, to stop it stalling or idling too slow and labouring. There's another valve in the rack that affects oil pressure to the rack itself, and varies steering effort. That's ecu contolled.

so for the time being then i can just put a bung in it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changed the tensioner today as i found that it wasnt pressed square,so fitted the plastic type which is perfect on the clearance issue.going to use the na throttle body for the time being as the jag one isnt really much bigger so dont see any point in fitting it,plus it also means less to do.things are know moving on a bit better and im starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.Hoping to be done for jap fest but time will tell.Going to swap wirring looms tomorrow as my original one was cut up a bit.Got a load of 2.5 inch pipe for the intercooler pipes thanks to stuart,just need a fiew more couplers now for that side of things.Even got the headlights back in so starting to look like a whole car again.

02042010395.jpg

02042010396.jpg

02042010397.jpg

how long do you think till its done Barny?

im trying my hardest to be running for jap fest ,fingers crossed.

Great work barney. Keep it up, must be a good feeling to at least have it looking like your car again.

init ever just going to get it running with low boost for this year as im missing driving it .if it runs ago i will start collecting parts to upgrade whats already there.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

if the weather stays ok then a couple of weeks maybe.Not really a lot to do now.

things planned for today

fit oil filter relocation housing

remove wirring loom and fit new one

cut hydrolic pipes for the oil filter relocation

rebuild the charger

refit the battery

start making the charger intake pipes.

spray the cam covers

left to do after that

get the new ends fitted on hydrolic pipes for oil filter

get the injector resistor wired in

make the fmic pipes

get the flange welded on for blow off valve

get the flange made for chargers out side and weld up the pipe to connect to the fmic.

things i want to get done but not essential

fit afr ,boost gauge,oil pressure & temp.

things still to buy

fmic pipe couplers,3"-2.5" reducers,2.5" 90 degree elbows,2.5" straights.

electric fans

thermo switch ,relays ect for fans.

theres probably more but thats it for now

Nice to see it coming together :thumbs:

What paint did you use to spray the components? And what are you planning on using for the fuel control?

tetrosyl trade matt black on top of standard primmer.i have a map 2 ecu fitted.

just orderd the intercooler pipe couplings and graphite impregnated heat wrap for the exhaust manifold.going to order the flange for the greddy rs blow off valve and the thermo switch for the electric fans.still looking for fans which will have to wait until i get refunded on the ones i was sold that are no good.

im trying my hardest,just a couple things we might get stuck on like fitting the resistor pack.

You can't seriously tell me that'll cause you problems after everything else you've done! That's 5 minutes with wire cutters and a soldering iron :)

You can't seriously tell me that'll cause you problems after everything else you've done! That's 5 minutes with wire cutters and a soldering iron :)

theres my only downfall,i dont understand electrics.i can do anything else but that.when i look at a wirring diagram and cant seem to take it in,so best leave alone rather than balls it up.

theres my only downfall,i dont understand electrics.i can do anything else but that.when i look at a wirring diagram and cant seem to take it in,so best leave alone rather than balls it up.

It's like the opposite of me then, I can't fathom how you can make metal go into the right shape and stay there :D

just been running around all day trying to get the connector for the resistor pack,toyota only list it as part of the engine bay loom.trying to find a place in plymouth to get a male and female 8 pin connector is rediculous.just had to order a pack of 5 females and a pack of 5 males.then he tells me i need the metal pins which come in bags of 50,you can imagine what i told him to do.

Never mind going to crack on with the car now anyway.

just been running around all day trying to get the connector for the resistor pack,toyota only list it as part of the engine bay loom.trying to find a place in plymouth to get a male and female 8 pin connector is rediculous.just had to order a pack of 5 females and a pack of 5 males.then he tells me i need the metal pins which come in bags of 50,you can imagine what i told him to do.

Never mind going to crack on with the car now anyway.

Why are you messing about with resister pack installations, surely a much neater/cleaner solution would be to use High Impedance injectors?

plus i got the uk 550 injectors and resistor for £100 not going to find any drop ins for that sort of money.but if somebody has some i would swap for high imp,just what came along at the time.

got a bit more done today,even had the apprentice helping out.

oil filter changed and plumbed in,charger fitted back in .I had to cut another hole in the bracket for one of the sensor connectors.once the new flange has been made for the outgoing side i can fab it to take the 2.5" pipe which will clear the chassis.note chassis is back to being red again.

07042010409.jpg

07042010413.jpg

07042010414.jpg

07042010415.jpg

07042010419.jpg

07042010420.jpg

07042010421.jpg

07042010411.jpg

07042010412.jpg

07042010417.jpg

07042010418.jpg

07042010416.jpg