The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

Understood , the operation of the bov will then become significant in the throttle response on and off throttle and the length of the recirc pipework - you may get a kind of yo yo effect

It may also be worth considering pcv venting into the charger intake this adds a little oil mist to lube the rotors on their tips , but will allow some oil into the intercooler which would need cleaning every so often

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

basicly the bov will act as a reserculator later so yes to the yo yo effect.

i had an after market BOV on my G60 for the supercharger! u need to make sure u get on with a very loose spring so it can remain open during idle!! if not it may pop off a boost pipe... Also if its not loose enough u may get a pulsing hiss!

I used Bailey DV36 and was perfect!

i had an after market BOV on my G60 for the supercharger! u need to make sure u get on with a very loose spring so it can remain open during idle!! if not it may pop off a boost pipe... Also if its not loose enough u may get a pulsing hiss!

I used Bailey DV36 and was perfect!

ive got a greddy rs,hopefully it should adjust soft enough.

getting closer now,managed to get a fair bit done today.fitted the other side of the fmic pipes.managed to finally make the outgoing side of the charger up and it fits in nice now.then spent ages sorting some of the wires out as the had been extended and different connections fitted for when i had the after market intake and throttle body.

15042010461.jpg

15042010462.jpg

16042010463.jpg

16042010464.jpg

16042010465.jpg

16042010466.jpg

16042010467.jpg

16042010468.jpg

16042010469.jpg

16042010470.jpg

cheers what has helped is the input from people,where ive needed it.Always helps to take any negative comments as experienced help.going to be taking it up to afr on the 10th of may,finger crossed .

And then Japfest,

This is brilliant work mate, you should be well proud of yourself and on a very tight budget as well:thumbs:

And then Japfest,

This is brilliant work mate, you should be well proud of yourself and on a very tight budget as well:thumbs:

thats the plan but i need tyres yet as one of the front ones has that big chunk took out where i hit that hunk of wood on the motorway last time we all went out.im trying to chase some work at the moment so its finger crossed.be great if i could make it though,be good to see everybody who has put in comments and advice on the thread.marks coming up today to help out with some of the wirring aswell so should get a lot done by sunday,thats if the missis dont moan too much as im ment to be painting the lounge as are suite came 3 days ago and its still wrapped up.

thats the plan but i need tyres yet as one of the front ones has that big chunk took out where i hit that hunk of wood on the motorway last time we all went out.im trying to chase some work at the moment so its finger crossed.be great if i could make it though,be good to see everybody who has put in comments and advice on the thread.marks coming up today to help out with some of the wirring aswell so should get a lot done by sunday,thats if the missis dont moan too much as im ment to be painting the lounge as are suite came 3 days ago and its still wrapped up.

sorry forgot about that. pm ing now

got the injector resistor wired in today and some other wirring issues sorted thanks mark (pudsey ) for the hand again.got the outtake pipe fitted ,but this needs to come off again as the flange is not sealing 100% must of warped slightly when i was welding it.managed to sort out the intake pipes flow route,this needs welding together now.the new belt snapped as i was trying to get it on,so the tensioner realy needs to go in.so tomorrow is a day of welding and sorting things out.

sat down now to a well earned chinky.

one thing that was brought to my attention do i need a mass airflow sensor .plus where to put the air intake temp sensor.

17042010471.jpg

17042010472.jpg

17042010473.jpg

17042010474.jpg

17042010475.jpg

17042010476.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

The AIT sensor can go anywhere in (or even in front of) the suck side of things.

You should have an N/A 1 bar map sensor on the bulkhead, connected to the inlet manifold with a short vacuum pipe, I would think that you will need to change this for a TT map sensor of maybe 3 bar?

The TT ers will know.

The AIT sensor can go anywhere in (or even in front of) the suck side of things.

You should have an N/A 1 bar map sensor on the bulkhead, connected to the inlet manifold with a short vacuum pipe, I would think that you will need to change this for a TT map sensor of maybe 3 bar?

The TT ers will know.

the map 2 has a built in 3 bar map sensor.just a little confused on weather i need an airflow sensor aswell.

if i put tha ait sensor on the suck side wouldnt that give a false reading of the temp actually going into the engine.supercharger then heats it and fmic then cools it.if i put it after the fmic will it pop out as its the standard push in one.

Nightmare you snapped the belt buddy, it must have been a real struggle to snap that as it was mega beefy too.

Looking great with the intake all on gives a great idea of how it will look finished now.

no it split down the middle as i was trying to get it over the charger pulley.was right miffed.

Good call !

I suggest you look at the TT configuration for AIT, and follow suit.

Forced induction, is forced induction.

If you have MAP, you will not need MAF as well.

Surprised the TT guru's have not responded to your plea?

For your reference, attached a snap that shows AEM AIT and MAP sensor locations on my N/A.

AIT left, MAP right.

js800_Supra_shiney_2_(5).jpg

Edited by David P (see edit history)