The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

How much power you aiming for as a set of stock 440cc high imp jspec injectors in a stock rail would prob be enough and less hassle ;)

should be around the 300hp mark.but that is only round one .there are other things planned for progressing if it works hence why the injector size might be overkill at the moment.And to be fair if i could get my head around wirring then its only a small job to wire in the resistor.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be around the 300hp mark.but that is only round one .there are other things planned for progressing if it works hence why the injector size might be overkill at the moment.And to be fair if i could get my head around wirring then its only a small job to wire in the resistor.

The 440's should be enough for 380bhp at least, so as Wes says it might be a LOT less hassle to fit those and a stock rail. They should be available very cheap.

Also, if the MAP2 is piggyback it might not have enough adjustment to control the 550's anyway (not sure how much the map 2's can do)

The 440's should be enough for 380bhp at least, so as Wes says it might be a LOT less hassle to fit those and a stock rail. They should be available very cheap.

Also, if the MAP2 is piggyback it might not have enough adjustment to control the 550's anyway (not sure how much the map 2's can do)

map2 will control 550`s. on the map 2 ecu forum there is a base map for the supra for 850`s.when you actualy trawl through the forum its surprising what the ecu is capable of,there are cars running 600hp plus on there.

Guest tomsblackcar

Mate awesome build! Just a quick question though, one big problem that people seem to get doing na-t conversions is the higher compression ratio in the NA engine as apposed to a tt engine, is this not a problem with a supercharger? I'm sure your well aware of this I'm just more curious for my own knowledge than anything...

It's very encouraging to see a supercharger build actually progressing to a forseeable finish for a change! I would love to do something like this, the sound it will make would be AMAZING!

stripped the charger down today and gave it a good clean,changed the snout coupler and filled it back up with fresh oil.It feels a lot smoother now so should be good for a fiew miles to come.

good to see some progres, you will love the S/C sound..

i think the oil should last up to 30k miles..

just been running around all day trying to get the connector for the resistor pack,toyota only list it as part of the engine bay loom.trying to find a place in plymouth to get a male and female 8 pin connector is rediculous.just had to order a pack of 5 females and a pack of 5 males.then he tells me i need the metal pins which come in bags of 50,you can imagine what i told him to do.

Never mind going to crack on with the car now anyway.

Too late, I suppose, but...

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/connectors/multiconnectors.php

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/7

Mate awesome build! Just a quick question though, one big problem that people seem to get doing na-t conversions is the higher compression ratio in the NA engine as apposed to a tt engine, is this not a problem with a supercharger? I'm sure your well aware of this I'm just more curious for my own knowledge than anything...

It's very encouraging to see a supercharger build actually progressing to a forseeable finish for a change! I would love to do something like this, the sound it will make would be AMAZING!

i can live with the high compression and low boost.really doing it to see if it works first.If its all running fine then i will be happy the charger runs max 16 psi but only want to try for 14 about 1 bar.This is also the forst stage of the build,there are plans for next years build being invetigated at the moment.

good to see some progres, you will love the S/C sound..

i think the oil should last up to 30k miles..

i still had the original plastic coupler with the spring in,there was nothing wrong with it either but changed it anyway.i need another bottle of oil as the m90 takes 2 and a half bottles.

Well done so far !!

I have not read the complete thread in detail , but can offer a few suggestions and have a couple of questions ,having done a bit with chargers -currently running a M90 on a V8 soarer

Throttle after the charger ,How are you recircing the air ?

Well done so far !!

I have not read the complete thread in detail , but can offer a few suggestions and have a couple of questions ,having done a bit with chargers -currently running a M90 on a V8 soarer

Throttle after the charger ,How are you recircing the air ?

the air is being vented via a blow off valve,which will be plumbed back into the intake if it all works.