The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

Hi Barney,

This is a cracking thread and you are doing a great job. I had a go at putting a M90 on mine a few years ago: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=123865 but due to the shaft breaking and other reasons I shelved it for a while. I have just bought another Supra and intended to have another go this year. The idea of positioning it where you have is great as you have overcome the issue I was trying to get round of where I could route the IC piping. Anyhow, good luck with it and I wish you all the best. Any ideas what ECU route are you planning to take? I see someone on here is selling a MAP and think this might be the way for me.

Well done and good luck. Shane

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is all the engine oil going to be flowing through that banjo bolt? If so it doesn't look big enough to me. Or are there multiple holes around the top unthreaded section?

the banjo bolt is the standard one off the engine with the thread taken further up.i need to make it shorter.will be opening the top 2 holes and welding closed the bottom 2.

Guest v8soarer91

i have read through your thread and in the 1st post you wrote "eaton m90 xjr6 supercharger and bypass valve" and cannot find a correction post being posted.

the supercharger is actually a m62 made for a 3 - 4ltr engine.

just make sure that you don't over spin the rotors with the pully you have on it.

i have read through your thread and in the 1st post you wrote "eaton m90 xjr6 supercharger and bypass valve" and cannot find a correction post being posted.

the supercharger is actually a m62 made for a 3 - 4ltr engine.

just make sure that you don't over spin the rotors with the pully you have on it.

xjr6 used an eaton m90 3rd generation no jag used the m62.type in xjr6 m90 on google.i think you are getting confused because of the snout being short.the xjr6 was the only car that used this size snout.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1R2SUNC_enGB353&q=xjr6+m90&meta=lr%3D&aq=f&oq=

click the link http://www.invasionautoproducts.com/supercharger-jaguar-sc-jgnbd-77000-ba.html

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

got to do a bit more today to the mounting bracket.i need to get hold of some 10mm metric fine bolts.the spacers to go behind the bracket will be welded to it eventualy this makes it easyer to get the correct angle for the bolts.Will be finishing the bracket tomorrow and hopefully trial fitting in the car,if all is well will be swapping engines soon.

some pics of work done today

11022010275.jpg

11022010276.jpg

11022010277.jpg

done a bit more was hopeing to get it mounted in the car but its been cold all day and i had enough,at least its mounted.Now have to do the bracket for the tensioner which will push up on the bottom of the belt.Will also be doing another bracket from the top of the main one to the intake plenum,should help stop any pull down force.

12022010278.jpg

12022010279.jpg

12022010280.jpg

12022010281.jpg

got it in the car today but had to cut the chassis out.It will deffinately fit though.Have to weld the chassis back up but scolloped out.Might have to rethink on the throttlebody bolting to the back of the charger have to see once the pipes and wires that are cluttering things up are moved.

Top work Barney as its bloody freezing out today.

I am freezing my nuts off indoors, let alone being outdoors working with cold metal in your hands.

Mega amounts of time and effort gone into this, so really hope its kind to you in the long run you definately deserve that much!

Just think of the stories you will be telling in years to come :D

it is tight but nothing the welder cant sort out.was laid down on the drive trying to get it in the space was bloody freezing alright.Anyway plan for tomorrow is get it back out and trim the chassis neatly and weld it up looky as its right near the support for the front subframe mounts couple mm back and i would be rethinking it completely.when i was measuring it ,it looked like it would go in without having to cut the chassis oh well never mind.

wish it was getting closer the engine has to come out yet as the one in the car isnt too well .will update after tomorrows adventures.

Hell mate that was tight shame you had to cut, guess it cleard the rack ok then.

See you tomorrow

it cleard the rack and antiroll bar fine.pain about having to cut the chassis but it had to be done.There was no way i could get it to fit else.Was going to weld it up and paint the engine but family turnd up plus i still have to tidy the van out.

been thinking about the oil filter housing problem ,and looking at the relocation kit.

drill a hole through the middle.then a hole in the side tapped out for a fitting.then screw into the block a hollow bolt .place the relocation part over this then secure with a nut.fit a 90 degree elbow to the hollow bolt.then the pipes can run from this to the part that holds the filter.

I want to bolt the relocator straight to the block. I have the sandwich/relocator, but I need to find a hollow bolt that has the correct length to bolt it into the block. Where can I get a correct length bolt? Will the hollow bolt that bolts to the filter on a NA 2JZ fit?

Great project, by the way! :D

Edited by halllon (see edit history)

I want to bolt the relocator straight to the block. I have the sandwich/relocator, but I need to find a hollow bolt that has the correct length to bolt it into the block. Where can I get a correct length bolt? Will the hollow bolt that bolts to the filter on a NA 2JZ fit?

Great project, by the way! :D

the bolt that hold the housing to the block will work but you will have to have the thread cut further up and then cut the bolt down to size.you will also need to weld up some of the holes in the bolt.