The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trying to get it started today but no joy.i have fuel delivery and spark but no attempt at firing.thinking that maybe the resistor is wired in wrong,or that the injectors are pushing too much fuel and blowing the spark out so to speak.

this is how the resistor is wired in

injectors are wired into resistor pack the 6 wires,ecu side was cut and all 6 wires were wired into the single white wire to resistor.

tests conducted

1.injectors have a direct common earthed feed

2.injectors have a switched ignition live feed of around 11.65 volts

1.direct common feed=11.65 volts

2.no ignition on feed = 0 volts

with the ignition on &trying to to fire both sets of electrical connections to each injector has a feed ,but voltage drops to 8.6 ish volts.

does it matter what side of the fuel injectors has the common earthed 12 volt feed.

does it look like i have done anything wrong.

another thing i have noticed it that the clock stays illuminated even with keys removed and doors shut,this is now confusing the hell out of me.

Concerning the clock staying lit - does the green ring around the ignition key stay lit too? If it is, that's normally a sign that the one of the door or boot lock sensors is not connected or not getting the signal that everything is closed up.

Concerning the clock staying lit - does the green ring around the ignition key stay lit too? If it is, that's normally a sign that the one of the door or boot lock sensors is not connected or not getting the signal that everything is closed up.

just checked and the ring goes out just the clock staying lit.

All six injectors normally have 12 volts positive to one pin, and a wire from the other pin back to the ecu for each injector. The ecu grounds these wires each time it wants a squirt of fuel. How long it grounds it for designates how much fuel flows (pulse width). When you fit low impedance injectors to an ecu that won't handle them you fit a ballast resistor in the 12 volts positive wire to each injector. So six resistors have one side of them connected together and to the 12 volt positive feed. The six other wires from the other side of the six resistors go one each to the six injectors. HTH. I am terrible on electronics but I am 99% sure I have that right :)

All six injectors normally have 12 volts positive to one pin, and a wire from the other pin back to the ecu for each injector. The ecu grounds these wires each time it wants a squirt of fuel. How long it grounds it for designates how much fuel flows (pulse width). When you fit low impedance injectors to an ecu that won't handle them you fit a ballast resistor in the 12 volts positive wire to each injector. So six resistors have one side of them connected together and to the 12 volt positive feed. The six other wires from the other side of the six resistors go one each to the six injectors. HTH. I am terrible on electronics but I am 99% sure I have that right :)

so in theory ive wired it correctly .im using the uk resistor pack.the 6 positive feed wires were cut,injector goes to resistor.then from the resistor ,the white wire coming from the resistor has the other end of the positive feeds connected to it.

cant believe after all the work this is holding me up.

This is exactly how I wired it up, but still no joy.

We will double check the wires to the specific injector pins tomorrow, just to double check against the wiring diagram we now have.

Then go from there, very strange as it looks on the face of it as though everything is wired in correctly to the diagram I have managed to check a couple of hours ago.

Any other advise would be great.

Would the increase in injector size, and a spark plug change to TT plugs be affecting this?

Remember this hasn't been mapped with a cold start capability as it stands?

Post putting it all back together try sticking the stock ecu back in and the stock injectors and fire it up to see if it will light. If it doesn't try and start then go through the whole normal car won't start procedures.

that was what i was thinking of doing.wish i done that in the first place now.

Is the MAP2 all hooked up? Can you post a map?

The logging should show anything incorrect, check duration & duty readings in particular.

cant as i dont have any means of connecting to it as interpro didnt give me anything.the map 2 was connected and running before i started messing around with the charger.

that was what i was thinking of doing.wish i done that in the first place now.

cant as i dont have any means of connecting to it as interpro didnt give me anything.the map 2 was connected and running before i started messing around with the charger.

So the MAP2 is setup for the original injectors? that may be your problem, or the addition of the resistor pack.

if thats the case then i take it it has no chance of starting untill its remapped.

In theory it should just about start, but the pulse width for the original injectors maybe just too much when applied to the larger ones, especially on cold start.

If you have an adjustable FPR you could try turning the pressure down a little that may get it fired up.

In theory it should just about start, but the pulse width for the original injectors maybe just too much when applied to the larger ones, especially on cold start.

If you have an adjustable FPR you could try turning the pressure down a little that may get it fired up.

im running the standard fpr was going to upgrade if i needed to.