The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

Looking good mate, looks like I need to find the Power steering pump really soon.

I will see if I can just get the bolt bit that was damaged on yours if nothing else and we can swap them back over then, as I dont think there was anything wrong with mine anyway.

Think it was just an air lock in the end

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good mate, looks like I need to find the Power steering pump really soon.

I will see if I can just get the bolt bit that was damaged on yours if nothing else and we can swap them back over then, as I dont think there was anything wrong with mine anyway.

Think it was just an air lock in the end

dont worry about that part as i damaged it anyway.i will see if anybody has the bit on here.

dont worry about that part as i damaged it anyway.i will see if anybody has the bit on here.

I was going to give Stuart at Teignmouth a shout tomorrow, he said he had knackered a few pumps, so was hoping he hadn't bined them, I am happy to swap them back over, just let me know when.

I am doing a Gearbox and Diff fluid change next week and sorting the Cat out, so fingers crossed the squeky/screech noise goes

I was going to give Stuart at Teignmouth a shout tomorrow, he said he had knackered a few pumps, so was hoping he hadn't bined them, I am happy to swap them back over, just let me know when.

I am doing a Gearbox and Diff fluid change next week and sorting the Cat out, so fingers crossed the squeky/screech noise goes

ok mate if he has got any i need the copper double washer thing aswell.Just let me know and i can run up or unless you popping down.Up to you mate about swapping them back over.

another sunny day ,so i descided to weld the chassis leg back up.managed to do another support for the charger bracket.Now need some box section to make a spacer coming off the back of the charger so throttle body clears the engine mount.

Just waiting for the clutch to turn up now so the engine can go back in the car.

10032010335.jpg

10032010336.jpg

10032010337.jpg

10032010338.jpg

10032010340.jpg

10032010341.jpg

had to make some flanges and adapter for the bypass valve today,as it fouled the engine mount with the charger on its side.the inlet port on the charger is rectangle so had to make it out of box section.

the bypass valve now needs the alloy tube welded on the fitting so it can be welded to the out side of the charger.Need to get the pipe sorted out for the intake so i can sort out where to put the throttlebody,but think this will have to wait until the engine is back in the car.

Going to clean the box section up tomorrow and paint it along with the main charger bracket.

11032010342.jpg

11032010343.jpg

11032010344.jpg

11032010345.jpg

11032010346.jpg

11032010347.jpg

11032010348.jpg

11032010349.jpg

11032010351.jpg

11032010352.jpg

11032010353.jpg

11032010354.jpg

11032010355.jpg

you will need a tensioner for the belt for the charger, maybe you can make the bracket slightly adjusable?

i have a manual tensioner that needs a bracket made for it,but going to see what its like without it first.At the moment i can only just walk the belt on and its about perfect tension,bare in mind the belt will get tighter as it spins.

i have a manual tensioner that needs a bracket made for it,but going to see what its like without it first.At the moment i can only just walk the belt on and its about perfect tension,bare in mind the belt will get tighter as it spins.

i never knew that. i thought it would just get looser as the pulleys spun up.

But thats why your building a supercharged na and not me :) Getting excited now as its getting closer to being turned over. Keep it up, i have ordered some good weather so you can get it back in the car this weekend.

i never knew that. i thought it would just get looser as the pulleys spun up.

But thats why your building a supercharged na and not me :) Getting excited now as its getting closer to being turned over. Keep it up, i have ordered some good weather so you can get it back in the car this weekend.

just checked the forecast rain for the next 5 days ,dont think your order went through.

i would of thought it would get looser,but all info leads to it getting tighter even sent eaton an email and they confirmed this.