The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

seen a bit of sunshine so descided to get the engine out today cheers mark (pudsey)for the hand.We waited ages for buster to turn up with the engine crane only to find it wouldnt lift it over the front section of the car,so brute force came into play to lift it out.But it has bent the front slightly where we had to rest it. bit of a mixed day weather wise sun,snow,hails and rain wtf.Just checkexd the clutch and too be honest it isnt worth putting it back in its not knackerd but an excuse to put an uprated one in now.

19022010284.jpg

19022010285.jpg

19022010286.jpg

19022010287.jpg

19022010289.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the chassis leg that you've cut into? Is it ok to do that?

it should be used to do it with the fiestas when fittingg 5 speed box.will leave the bottom edge as it is and just cut it down a bit further.Then weld a plate back it in a scolop shape.going to weld nuts inside the leg either side of the cut so when the charger is mounted i can bolt in a extra strengthening bar.

rethinking the way im fitting the charger.going to make another bracket so i can bolt the charger on its side,then redesign the outlet pipe and the intake side.So next thing to do is paint the engine get a knew clutch and fit it in the car,then put the knackerd one on the stand for making the bracket.Not going to weld the chassis just yet just incase i can squeeze an inch of clearance.

we have had a couple nice days so descided to do some more.had to adjust the bracket to take the charger in its side,but the main issue was the oil adapter.I had to cut the bolt head clean of and turn it into a square,then make a little tool(crude but affective).Also the lower edge had to be trimmed off which was fine as theres loads of metal around the internal oil ways.

The charger now needs slight adjusting to come out level with the crank pulley,only a couple of mm and its there.

06032010324.jpg

06032010325.jpg

06032010322.jpg

06032010323.jpg

06032010326.jpg

06032010328.jpg

06032010329.jpg

06032010330.jpg

going to have to make another adaptor for the charger to step it out away from the engine mount,then a 180 degree bend off the throttlebody which will go to the airfilter behind the bumper.from the outlet side of the charger have to make the pipes to goto the fmic,then pipes going from that to the intake.fingers crossed ,it sound easier than actualy doing it.

Guest johnwd

back when i had my n/a i went to a silver link meet a guy there had a supra na with a supercharger build in as he wanted to be different then getting a TT the engine had chrome all over buy he said it was just over 1k for his build i cant remember where he said he got it done at as it was 3.5 years ago now but he expected same bhp as a TT

Looking better now Barney..... all nice and sparkly.

The mounting for the charger looks good, almost like factory from the front position.

The charger unit should also get plenty of cold air passing around it too, at the lower end of the engine bay.

Liking the improvised tool, called thinking on your feet that one ha.

Edited by Pudsey
Spelling......... (see edit history)

Looking better now Barney..... all nice and sparkly.

The mounting for the charger looks good, almost like factory from the front position.

The charger unit should also get plenty of cold air passing around it too, at the lower end of the engine bay.

Liking the improvised tool, called thinking on your feet that one ha.

dont no why i wanted it the other way now,must of got too blinded at that time.I have to admit it does look more pleasing on the eye mounted this way,plus i only have to adjust the pipe on the out side of the charger.It has to be about the coolest place it could be mounted.

The tools wicked hey,shall i market it :no:

The tools wicked hey,shall i market it :no:

Ingenious :D

It will certainly come in very handly for anyone else who decides to build one following along the same sort of lines as you have.

Top effort though, always more than one way to skin a cat isn't there. ;)

got it all squared up today and can now turn it over with the breaker bar to see how it all turns.Little bit more welding of the bracket and welding the bolts in place and it should be done.

going to video it turning will upload it once i set up an account with youtube.

07032010331.jpg

07032010332.jpg

07032010333.jpg

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)