The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA supercharger build

barneybrendan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fingers crossed then

Yeap defo, as I managed to get the bolt off between the 2nd decat and 1st cat, but then couldnt budge the bolts to the manifold, so not a happy bunny.

O and to top it off, filled the Diff up and its leaking out of the drive shaft seal:rolleyes:

Anyway back to mad SuperCharged Supra :D

managed to get a couple hours in today.fitted the headers back on ,starter ect.the outlet side of the charger has to be made from scratch as there is no room for it to face forward,so it has to go down and under the anti roll bar to the fmic.theres plenty of room for the intake pipe but the part i made for the chargers intake has to be modified as im not using the standard bypass valve going for a greddy blow off valve instead which will be fitted before the throttle body just after the fmic pipe.This is then going to be plumbed back into the intake.

As for the throttle body im unsure at the moment if to use the standard na one or the jag one.The jag one needs an adapter made for it.

28032010381.jpg

28032010382.jpg

Looks like it might be ready for japfest then mate :)

i wish dont think i will have it done by then there is still a bit to do yet.

wire up the injector resistor

fit the fans and wire them up

do all the fmic pipes

fit the blow off valve and pipe work

make an adaptor for the throttle body

make the intake pipe

fit the oil filter relocation

still to buy

throttle cable

pipe and bends for fmic

relays and temp switch for the fans

get a new flange made for the chargers outgoing side.

aeromotive fuel pressure regulator.

then the mapping

have oil pipes made

get power steering hose lengthend

going to take a couple months still due to weather and funds.

Edited by barneybrendan (see edit history)

Im still hanging on for this. If it works i will gladly pay for mine to be supercharged

fingers crossed then hey.going to try and get it fired up this week without plumbing the charger in to see if it runs true and no slippage got the video camera all ready and waiting for that day.Going to put up the gazebo if this rain carrys on any longer.

been getting a fiew small bits done while the weather is crap.

had the power steering pipe extended as it needs to loop around the back of the charger,its now a 2 piece pipe so i can get it to fit correctly.Also got some connections for the oil filter adaptor and the relocation housing,had to get them as the kit came with the push fit connections with jubilee clips.

ive also had the tensioner pulley pressed out,look at the outside face it is now all but flush instead of bevelling in.It also had to have 3mm machined off the inside edge as having it pressed ment the inside edge fouled on the arm.Lastly i fitted a new bearing to the pulley.

got to get pipes made for the oil filter adaptor to relocation housing now,going to save a fiew pennies here as i have new hydrolic pipes in the shed which i had when i had the crabber.going to take one to the shop and get it cut down to 2 lengths ,use the 2 connections already on them and just have them fit 2 new ones.

30032010383.jpg

30032010385.jpg

30032010387.jpg

30032010388.jpg

It doesn't affect the weight (effort) of the PAS in anay way, that valve just adds air to make the engine idle faster when turning the wheel with the engine ticking over or on very light throttle, to stop it stalling or idling too slow and labouring. There's another valve in the rack that affects oil pressure to the rack itself, and varies steering effort. That's ecu contolled.