The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Site Upgrade - Finally!

mawby

Could we have a section or thread along the lines of "Forum Questions / Requests / Feedback". 

Just made a new thread and missing a few features we used to have, none are super critical by any means. I'm sure as everyone starts exploring through the forum it might be useful for there to be an area where we can discuss such questions etc. 

8 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

Not too shabby Mawbs. All done now or are tweaks still needed?

I've got to address some embedded images which got converted as just urls. That's an easy search and replace but has some risk, so I'm needing to test things first.

1 minute ago, mawby said:

I've got to address some embedded images which got converted as just urls. That's an easy search and replace but has some risk, so I'm needing to test things first.

You guys happy with it? What does JB think? Judging by all the photo uploading activity it seems to be a hit. Can you afford to relax now?

6 minutes ago, Frank Bullitt said:

You guys happy with it? What does JB think? Judging by all the photo uploading activity it seems to be a hit. Can you afford to relax now?

John hates* it - he wanted discourse but he lost the vote. He tried demanding a recount but we rejected that too.

Once the converted images are sorted I might relax. Well relax in the sense of now catching up with real work that I've been ignoring in order to get the upgrade over the line.

But I'm not sure what I'll do next. My Supra has been sat in a barn for 7 years now and I need to decide if I drag it out and bring it back into life or whether I sell it so someone else can enjoy it. My son (at the grand old age of 3) tells me he wants to fix it up. Bless. By the time he can drive it petrol will probably be banned!

* when I say hate I mean he's not actually seen it yet.

26 minutes ago, mawby said:

John hates* it - he wanted discourse but he lost the vote. He tried demanding a recount but we rejected that too.

Once the converted images are sorted I might relax. Well relax in the sense of now catching up with real work that I've been ignoring in order to get the upgrade over the line.

But I'm not sure what I'll do next. My Supra has been sat in a barn for 7 years now and I need to decide if I drag it out and bring it back into life or whether I sell it so someone else can enjoy it. My son (at the grand old age of 3) tells me he wants to fix it up. Bless. By the time he can drive it petrol will probably be banned!

* when I say hate I mean he's not actually seen it yet.

You have to keep your Supra, especially if your son wants you to. It would be a nice legacy if nothing else. Now creepy Joe has the reins and favours a greener life it makes me wonder how quickly things will speed up.

I wouldn’t let a little technicality like seeing the upgrade get in the way of a good story! 😁

24 minutes ago, mawby said:

Try again now.

Computer says no...but yes! 

Guess it was just updating.

Edited by Frank Bullitt
Update. (see edit history)