The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Site Upgrade - Finally!

mawby

1 minute ago, mawby said:

You almost had it. Old bbcodes (like [url ]) aren't used anymore. Just needed to click the insert link button and add the url and text, then it does it all for you.

I updated my post above a you replied. You fixed it. Much appreciated, thank you.

Modern tech eh?! We now have a vomiting emoji too!

It's a very minor point but would it be possible to have the ability to adjust the avatar image so that the best part is visible in the avatar window?

i.e. my avatar is now so clipped it just shows the bonnet of the car and not the front.

Alternatively can the avatar window be made a square instead of a circle?

avatars will have to stay as is for now. 

I've spent the morning writing a script to fix the broken images. I've done a few tests and it seems to work. I'll be taking a db backup and then set it running. The site can remain online whilst it works. If it goes proper tits up i'll have to restore but fingers crossed it'll be fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mawby said:

And so today is the day that I turn off the old forum. What we have here now, whether you like it or hate it, is what we're sticking with.

That's got me reaching for my comfort blanket.

One of the things I'm missing already is the date of joining has gone which differentiated from those who have recently joined to those who have been around a while to the founding grandfathers of nearly 20 years ago. Its going to be harder to cut newbies slack on dumb questions if you don't know they haven't been around when the question was asked for the first 20 times already.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:48 AM, mawby said:

I've spent the morning writing a script to fix the broken images. I've done a few tests and it seems to work. I'll be taking a db backup and then set it running. The site can remain online whilst it works. If it goes proper tits up i'll have to restore but fingers crossed it'll be fine.

The script has finally finished running. It updated thousands of posts and correct hundreds of urls to point to the new site. Hopefully that will make things look better. 

I also had to take the site online for bit today whilst I patched a problem that was preventing some PayPal subscriptions from working. Fingers crossed that should behave itself now.

There's no separate sent and received. It's more like a social messaging app now instead of an email style system. So in your inbox will be all the conversions (PMs) you've had with people. You can use the search to find things in there. (which might not be fully functioning yet as I'm rebuilding search indexes)

23 minutes ago, keron said:

ahh ok .... thanks

also can you still leave feedbacks on sales etc? again i cant seem to link anything to leave any now for other members?

lastly..... what is the name for the app? i cant seem to find it in the app store.... thank you

Its the Invision Community app.

It does have some issues but handy for a quick view on the forum.