The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra - Progress so far, next steps and build thread

Peter P

11 hours ago, Supra-love said:

Beautiful

Thanks. :) 

9 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Great work can't wait to see the finished project. The attention into details seems to be very thought out.👍 looking forward to your next updates

Thanks mate, has been a true labour of love more so for Matt, but the results will make that extra work and effort worthwhile I’m sure. I’ll be sure to keep this thread updated as we go. :) 

9 hours ago, mplavery said:

Love the colour ! Looks stunning 

love the mats too !

Thanks Mike, so pleased with the colour, should look pretty special when it’s all done. :) 

mats are stunning mate, so pleased with the quality, service, price. Nice to find something that is arguably better than OEM for a good price. The fact they got here so quickly from Australia was a real plus as well. 

1 hour ago, mwilkinson said:

Those are the best quality aftermarket mats I've seen. 

I like that the company has tried to replicate the originals.

Thanks. I tend to agree with you. Given most of these cars are now a good 20+ years old, finding new/old stock is next to impossible, and prices for good used sets are pretty high. Here you get arguably better quality alternatives that tip their cap to the originals, but go that bit further on using better materials that are hand finished in a way that you have to admire. The whole process around these was flawless, easy to order, great communication and surprisingly fast turnaround. I’m really happy with my purchase and I know these will look great when I get them fitted. :) 

On 3/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Noz said:

Mint. Love the colour

On 3/11/2021 at 10:55 PM, nolizma said:

Very cool build!! Keep the updates coming!

Thank you. Rest assured I’ll keep the updates flowing as and when I get them. :) 

On 3/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Noz said:

Mint. Love the colour

Thanks mate. :) 

On 3/16/2021 at 11:39 PM, Krimi said:

Lovely color... Cant wait to see it all back together 

Thanks, that makes two of us mate, so looking forward to getting the car back it’s untrue! :) 

13 hours ago, Wishieftrottle said:

mucho like 😉

8 minutes ago, Mugello said:

Loving the colour, can't wait to see more updates.

Thanks mate. More photos and updates to follow, hopefully not too much longer till I hear from Matt/ M H Bodywork. 🤞 :) 

Hey All, so small update from Matt this week. He’s been busy working on getting the rear bumper to sit and fit better. Not sure photos do this justice, but I can assure you there’s been some great work here, and the fit looks a lot better than it did before.

Matt also noticed the support bar and some of the retaining clips are missing, in fairness, Lee told me about this when the car first went to SRD, so I’d already planned to have them fitted when the car was next with SRD, but that was before the quarter panel debacle and the decision to do a full metal respray! Lol. 

Lee has kindly offered to post out the parts so I can drop these along with the new fuel tank straps and Whifbitz carbon fuel tank cover off for Matt to fit. He’s also looking to get the mirrors and some other bits painted soon, just need my new wheels and also my new seals and rear quarter glasses to arrive from Paul/TCB. Hopefully won’t be too long. 🤞 :) 

Good weekend folks. 

534B48DB-1E72-426C-9E67-C72CFCBCCE91.jpeg

5B9644CE-F089-46E0-8E9A-7B7FE69E397D.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peter P said:

Hey All, so small update from Matt this week. He’s been busy working on getting the rear bumper to sit and fit better. Not sure photos do this justice, but I can assure you there’s been some great work here, and the fit looks a lot better than it did before.

Matt also noticed the support bar and some of the retaining clips are missing, in fairness, Lee told me about this when the car first went to SRD, so I’d already planned to have them fitted when the car was next with SRD, but that was before the quarter panel debacle and the decision to do a full metal respray! Lol. 

Lee has kindly offered to post out the parts so I can drop these along with the new fuel tank straps and Whifbitz carbon fuel tank cover off for Matt to fit. He’s also looking to get the mirrors and some other bits painted soon, just need my new wheels and also my new seals and rear quarter glasses to arrive from Paul/TCB. Hopefully won’t be too long. 🤞 :) 

Good weekend folks. 

534B48DB-1E72-426C-9E67-C72CFCBCCE91.jpeg

5B9644CE-F089-46E0-8E9A-7B7FE69E397D.jpeg

See well ahead of me 😉 happy the progress is coming along quickly 

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

So couple of small updates. My new wheel nuts finally arrived today. Went for a nice simple black RS Work nut which should suit the Work Meister’s when they finally arrive. On that subject, Driftworks have given me an ETA for the wheels to be built in Japan by mid-May. If you then add the 5-6 weeks for shipping, I reckon they will be in my possession sometime in early July. It’s not an exact science given the variables involved, but hopefully they will be worth the wait. :)

In other news I ordered my TwinZ rear diffuser last night from the States. Think this should finish things off nicely from an exterior perspective. May have it painted in body colour, or it could stay black. I wanted carbon, but not something they offer at the moment sadly.

Good weekend all. 

928253CA-661E-4214-9738-E5DECD46B632.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Noz said:

Nice nuts. Been thinking what ones to go for myself. Expensive?

Thanks! Lol.

Not cheap, but they came from Japan and they are genuine Work so wasn’t expecting them to be. 

Just under £120 from memory which isn’t too bad. :) 

Got them through Nengun Performance as Driftworks as the official Work U.K. distributor were out of stock. 

Edited by Peter P (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, Noz said:

Oh my god. That's a lot lol.

Lol, guess it depends on your perspective mate. Wheels are almost £4k, so not too bad I guess when you think these keep them on the car. Sure there are cheaper options, but it’s the small details for me that make a build. :) 

I paid more from memory for the ones I had on my ISF. 

My wheels were over £3k with second hand centres from Japan bro and 120 to me is a lot on nuts lol.

But. If they match the wheels. Price goes out the window man.

Definitely jealous of your isf. Would seriously love one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noz said:

My wheels were over £3k with second hand centres from Japan bro and 120 to me is a lot on nuts lol.

But. If they match the wheels. Price goes out the window man.

Definitely jealous of your isf. Would seriously love one.

so stingy

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 2:24 PM, Peter P said:

Thanks! Lol.

Not cheap, but they came from Japan and they are genuine Work so wasn’t expecting them to be. 

Just under £120 from memory which isn’t too bad. :) 

Got them through Nengun Performance as Driftworks as the official Work U.K. distributor were out of stock. 

Good price that mate. Decent set of nuts you have there 😅

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon All,

Not a lot to report on my build in terms of updates from Matt/ M H Bodywork, know he’s been grafting away, but no photos as yet. I know he got a nasty cut last week, so hoping he makes a speedy recovery. Wasn’t my car thankfully that injured his hand was lifting a van door and it was sharper than he realised and it slipped! Looked like a horror movie from the photo he sent me. 

Did have a very welcome and exciting delivery arrive the other day though. I saw these jacking systems advertised via FaceBook, company is Zenith Automotive up in Ireland. Chap I spoke with is Stephen Keogh, lovely guy and believe I am the first customer to get a set of these little beauties. Very well made and there was a lot of work done to make these as easy to install as possible. No more bent sills for me as these will be fitted permanently and make jacking the car up a breeze. I’ll do some photos when it’s all installed, but the videos Stephen sent seem very straightforward. :) 

D825DBAA-8B88-46A2-BB44-013AEFF0329A.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, Peter P said:

Afternoon All,

Not a lot to report on my build in terms of updates from Matt/ M H Bodywork, know he’s been grafting away, but no photos as yet. I know he got a nasty cut last week, so hoping he makes a speedy recovery. Wasn’t my car thankfully that injured his hand was lifting a van door and it was sharper than he realised and it slipped! Looked like a horror movie from the photo he sent me. 

Did have a very welcome and exciting delivery arrive the other day though. I saw these jacking systems advertised via FaceBook, company is Zenith Automotive up in Ireland. Chap I spoke with is Stephen Keogh, lovely guy and believe I am the first customer to get a set of these little beauties. Very well made and there was a lot of work done to make these as easy to install as possible. No more bent sills for me as these will be fitted permanently and make jacking the car up a breeze. I’ll do some photos when it’s all installed, but the videos Stephen sent seem very straightforward. :) 

There was a group buy but they never messaged or anything to tell me 🤦🏻‍♂️

On 4/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, Peter P said:

Afternoon All,

Those Jacking points looks good and is a good idea. 

Would make jacking up alot quicker around the sill area. Good thinking

8 hours ago, bradleyh_15 said:

There was a group buy but they never messaged or anything to tell me 🤦🏻‍♂️

I know they had some teething issues with getting the parts they needed, then they had issues with postage thanks to Brexit, but believe I’m the first customer to receive a set. I’d drop Stephen a message mate, he can get you sorted for the next batch. 👍

8 hours ago, Dim Sum said:

Those Jacking points looks good and is a good idea. 

Would make jacking up alot quicker around the sill area. Good thinking

Thanks, these will pay for themselves in no time mate, had my sills straightened as they were bent and rusty like so many others I’m sure. Hoping the new puck system will prevent that from happening again which saves me money and is better for the car as well. :) 

6 hours ago, Peter P said:

I know they had some teething issues with getting the parts they needed, then they had issues with postage thanks to Brexit, but believe I’m the first customer to receive a set. I’d drop Stephen a message mate, he can get you sorted for the next batch. 👍

Thanks, these will pay for themselves in no time mate, had my sills straightened as they were bent and rusty like so many others I’m sure. Hoping the new puck system will prevent that from happening again which saves me money and is better for the car as well. :) 

You got a link to his page as I can’t find it under M H body work