The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra - Progress so far, next steps and build thread

Peter P

Here is the kit for the speedflip front number plate as well. Looks pretty comprehensive but will be getting Matt/M H Bodywork to rework the front crash bar for me so we can mount it flush so it hides away nicely at shows etc. :)

4BD60143-FDA4-4D8C-907E-29559BE62828.jpeg

Loving the updates Peter! Will be one of the nicer supra’s in the club once it’s finished :cool: nice to see you’ve also sorted the fitment issues for the bonnet as thst was one thing that had always annoyed me with both of my ones!

Can’t wait to see more of the updates and it all back together :cool:

Loving the updates Peter! Will be one of the nicer supra’s in the club once it’s finished :cool: nice to see you’ve also sorted the fitment issues for the bonnet as thst was one thing that had always annoyed me with both of my ones!

Can’t wait to see more of the updates and it all back together :cool:

Cheers Alex. :)

That’s high praise indeed as there are some lovely examples knocking about (yours included), so to have one up there would be great.

Yes mate, the fitment for the bonnet and the front bumper are coming along really well, Matt has done a great job getting everything to fit properly including trimming the APR cooling plate so that now fits as well. The gaps are looking really good as well so if the rest of the work turns out as nicely I’ll be a very happy bunny! :)

Will be sure to keep providing updates and photos when I can mate. :thumbs:

Doing a really good job with this mate, looks really clean and OEM+

How much were the leather rear seats from Kieron? I put up a wanted post not long back asking for the same as I'm not keen on the blue cloth rear seats in mine!

Bonnet is looking good as well, as said they're usually a pain in the ass to fit well without a large gap somewhere.

Loads of subtle bits going on as well then! I was going to get a flipper plate and ended up going with a magnetic kit instead so I can take it off as and when I wanted. Do like the flipper plates though, they seem to go down well whenever people start messing with them haha

Cheers Sam. :)

I’ve PM’d you about the seat, going rate seems to be around £150 as that’s what Phil sold one for recently.

Plan is to keep it subtle and a lot of the work Matt is doing will probably go unnoticed to the untrained eye, for example the side indicators that are on the corners of the front bumper. I wanted something more subtle than the OEM ones, and found a nice set of smoked units that are a bit smaller. Matt doesn’t want them to stick out like stock ones, so has fabricated brackets which will sit flush to the bumper. Should look great when they are finished. :)

The flip plate will be another subtle touch that means we don’t need to fit a bracket or drill holes in the freshly fitted Ridox bumper. I’m also keen to hide it at shows to give people a better view of the FMIC which will be eye catching in the dark copper colour that matches the wheels and Cusco front brace. :)

I’m using two main colours aside from the black body colour, dark copper and carbon. Got some subtle touches planned for the interior as well which should tie in nicely and lift the otherwise dark interior.

So just had a quick visit to see Matt and the car over at MH Bodywork. Snapped a few progress shots whilst I was there. The front bumper is now ready to paint with all of the gaps now spot on. Note the new fabricated brackets for my flush fitting side indicators. These were riveted to allow the glue to go off and will be removed before the faces are skimmed with filler to give a perfect finish. :)

The bonnet also now lines up spot on and has been prepped to leave just the areas you can see in the photo remaining carbon (basically the six vents and the small one at the back), the rest will be painted 202 black.

Managed to sneak up to the break room to snap a couple of quick shots of the freshly powdercoated intercooler pipes and Carbing front strut brace. Think these will look stunning once they are back on the car. Hoping Matt gets time to paint the core in which case I will pop back to refit everything.

Once they are done with the bumper changes to accommodate the new flip plate, they will be moving on to the sideskirts which are going to be blended to the front and rear arches for a smooth finish.:)

807ECE3C-98ED-498A-9C41-AEC3991B306D.jpeg

9C9C8DBE-9AA8-4564-867E-4835A896A067.jpeg

007A7200-F133-44AB-BDA6-DBF1E8D0D63A.jpeg

B7107D39-D85C-46C0-A9FC-B224EA8E477E.jpeg

E51F656D-58AD-45C2-B0B3-BDF0134397D0.jpeg

Edited by Peter P (see edit history)

And the bronze beauties in all their glory. :cool:

Last photo is of the bits of my car neatly sorted into piles with all fixings etc in plastic cups to make sure everything is there to put it all back together again. Just nice to see the care and attention to detail. :)

823647F3-8A6A-4B07-A3A4-B050C02944E9.jpeg

2276DE5A-CEC0-440A-AE73-38EE715A364D.jpeg

48A348D6-4388-43BD-839E-14D0D335492B.jpeg

FBBECECD-455E-4C2D-A964-79FCA7E34830.jpeg

So Matt has been busy painting the intercooler core in the same bronze as the freshly powder coated pipework and front strut brace. He’s also done the bezel surrounds and heater control surrounds in the same colour. Should all look stunning once it’s fitted. :cool:

97FE1F17-C864-4D3F-A5D0-2C835D6AC501.jpeg

877CCE60-C4CC-4080-B374-77D1F0C515B0.jpeg

4611938A-ABF1-4CFF-BE0B-A6E1BA26876A.jpeg

44B5FAFF-D47F-4878-84E6-C55088E25411.jpeg

16E4A989-FE01-41E9-A224-C39D207CEC6E.jpeg

So had a late evening over at the bodyshop reinstalling the freshly painted FMIC core and powdercoated pipework and strut brace. Also had a better look at the interior parts that Matt has kindly painted for me in the same dark copper colour, think these should look lovely once they are installed. :)

Think it looks great (ignore the dust in the engine bay shots, will obviously be cleaned up properly once Matt has finished with the rest of the bodywork).

Hope you like it. :thumbs:

69E5EB76-2234-41DC-B129-582B50596935.jpeg

AFD5972B-9031-4045-B69B-9E4ACC3DC895.jpeg

00F9B1E1-C934-4E6F-B5A3-F1A4A75AD3E9.jpeg

47308883-4309-4938-8A0D-6C05EDA2C08D.jpeg

1EE7FE9E-0759-4675-BE51-55B541C238BA.jpeg

Looks lovely Peter, great choice on the I/C and piping colour.

I think you'll be right - the copper colour on the interior trim will be subtle but noticeable, and look nice and clean.

I've also spotted a few other cool things you've done that I may have to copy for mine ;)

Can't wait to see it back on the road and I look forward to future updates!

Looks lovely Peter, great choice on the I/C and piping colour.

I think you'll be right - the copper colour on the interior trim will be subtle but noticeable, and look nice and clean.

I've also spotted a few other cool things you've done that I may have to copy for mine ;)

Can't wait to see it back on the road and I look forward to future updates!

Cheers Izaak. :)

Glad you like it and happy to help inspire others wherever I can mate. :thumbs:

You and me both in terms of seeing it back on the road, Matt is doing a great job though so happy to wait as I know I’m going to be thrilled with the finished result. :cool:

If you need any more details or photos of anything, please do let me know matey. :)

Nice to get some feedback as I was starting to think this build thread was only helping me to keep a record of my build, had a fair few views, just not much in the way of comments. ;)

Cheers Izaak. :)

Glad you like it and happy to help inspire others wherever I can mate. :thumbs:

You and me both in terms of seeing it back on the road, Matt is doing a great job though so happy to wait as I know I’m going to be thrilled with the finished result. :cool:

If you need any more details or photos of anything, please do let me know matey. :)

Nice to get some feedback as I was starting to think this build thread was only helping me to keep a record of my build, had a fair few views, just not much in the way of comments. ;)

Thanks Peter, I might take you up on that offer for photos/advice! Hopefully you'll get a few more replies as the car starts coming together more (not that it hasn't been already ;) )

I think I may do the same as you and create a thread when my TT6 starts getting things done to it, just as a record more than anything - I've lost track of what I've done on my NA!

Hi All,

Had a nice little update today from Matt at MH Bodywork. He has been trying to flush fit my new side indicators in to the Ridox front bumper for me. Think you will agree these look great and once the bumper is painted, you will be hard pushed to even notice them against the black. :cool:

It’s these little touches that make a great build for me, sure, anyone can throw parts on a car, but getting them to fit just right and look like they belong there is a whole different ball game. :)

Really pleased with how these turned out, should look great when it’s all back together.

8B27D52D-57B1-464E-A423-9C70F2E671A5.jpeg

8F401940-18A3-432F-B719-D42343400EFA.jpeg

02B2A0DA-D628-43EA-B9D6-A94782628577.jpeg

Great idea, I think it'll look mega (or rather it won't because you won't be able to spot them!;)) once it's all done!

Thanks Izaak, they should blend in really well, only noticeable when using the indicators and I’m good with that as don’t want folks to miss me turning! Lol. ;)

The brackets Matt made for me also mean if the indicator fails for any reason, I can simply remove it, fit a new one and all good. Much better than flushing them directly in to the bumper and then having to re-do it if anything goes wrong. :)

Thanks Izaak, they should blend in really well, only noticeable when using the indicators and I’m good with that as don’t want folks to miss me turning! Lol. ;)

The brackets Matt made for me also mean if the indicator fails for any reason, I can simply remove it, fit a new one and all good. Much better than flushing them directly in to the bumper and then having to re-do it if anything goes wrong. :)

Ah yes, I didn’t notice the bracketry he’d made for easy replacement, another smart idea!

So had a couple more updates from Matt over at MH Bodywork today. The front bumper work is now done with the side indicators flushed in nicely. Also seen a video of the flip plate all installed which means Matt has been busy fabricating me a new front crash bar to make the mechanism fit flush and hide the front plate properly. The video is on his Facebook page and the mechanism is currently being worked by hand until we get it wired up. I’ve also been busy sourcing and buying myself a private plate. Any guesses on what horsepower I am chasing? ;)

Big thanks to HD Plates for their rather tasty 4D plates, went for their standard front and larger rear which should fill the space nicely. :cool:

More to follow. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Pete :)

98977D1C-DFC8-47DE-ADEF-828E1FA0477A.jpeg

D5EE5368-10C4-44B0-BED3-9AB6B45A3A11.jpeg

894F4B99-5B21-49F0-9A1B-8D83984342FB.jpeg

E68C653E-B22B-43D1-88BD-E8E86026739C.jpeg

C6A37D4C-BC8A-403B-BF59-17FEF7653E34.jpeg

Edited by Peter P (see edit history)

Some lovely parts You got there mate ! Love the clocks and the rear lights

Look forward to more pics !

Cheers Mike, coming from you with one of my favourite forum cars, that means a lot mate. :thumbs:

Rest assured more photos and updates will follow. :)

So had a nice update with some photos from Matt over at MH Bodywork this morning. :)

Front end is now all fully aligned and looking great. Front bumper has had it’s first coat of primer, will need a second coat. The new front crash bar and flip plate mechanism have been refinished in satin black and drivers side sill has been pulled and straightened. Now tackling the arch before fitting the new side skirt. Thankfully the arch isn’t too bad and they have got it cleaned up and rust free. Next job is to roll the arch flat and get the skirt to fit well.

Really like the extension bars Matt has added to the number plate flipper mechanism which will hold the plate nice and firm. :)

59312D65-11B6-43E2-8399-A88BDCBE4674.jpeg

37E4BFC9-5FE4-40E2-BBAB-7BE7DFEA0611.jpeg

0D2F38A3-5A31-4B42-B58F-961040DECFD1.jpeg

6A2332A3-E4DD-4440-B10F-5BDB6BFF31B7.jpeg

E8903F5E-CB8E-47BF-85F4-00A6C92E07A9.jpeg