The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra - Progress so far, next steps and build thread

Peter P

14 hours ago, Wishieftrottle said:

Well, lets say it is orgasmic😁😍

Thanks mate, so pleased with how this came out, car is going to look stunning! :) 

10 hours ago, Krimi said:

Absolutly in love with the work preserving the carbon in the vents. Your car its going to look insane.

Thanks Krimi, Matt has done such a good job masking the vents, the transition between the remaining carbon and the new paint is seamless. Another nice touch will be the mesh in the vents which Matt is going to paint black (they came silver) and he’s also adding some extra fixing to them, as the tabs they are held in with are weak and prone to snapping off (as I found with the ones on my ISF carbon bonnet). 

Honestly can’t stop watching this video and smiling from ear to ear! Lol. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peter P said:

Thanks mate, so pleased with how this came out, car is going to look stunning! :) 

Thanks Krimi, Matt has done such a good job masking the vents, the transition between the remaining carbon and the new paint is seamless. Another nice touch will be the mesh in the vents which Matt is going to paint black (they came silver) and he’s also adding some extra fixing to them, as the tabs they are held in with are weak and prone to snapping off (as I found with the ones on my ISF carbon bonnet). 

Honestly can’t stop watching this video and smiling from ear to ear! Lol. :) 

Its crazy how it looks, in my 93 USA Spec I have the TS Bonnet and I can recognise when a work its well done, and this video its making me reconsider a lot of things hahahaha Keep up with the good work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noz said:

Lovely colour. Really nice.

Very jealous.

Thanks mate. :) 

1 hour ago, Supra-love said:

Lovely colour indeed

Thanks, I’m so pleased with it. Makes the horror discovery with the drivers side rear quarter panel less painful, as if it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t be getting a full bare metal respray. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mwilkinson said:

Paintwork looks gorgeous.  I bet you're itching to see it all back together 🙂

Thanks mate, 100%. :) 

Feels like we are on the home straight now that the final colour is starting to go on, hopefully not too much longer before it’s ready to go back together. Be nice to get some of the parts I’ve been stockpiling fitted and get it back on the road when restrictions allow. 

10 minutes ago, Krimi said:

Peter question here!! Because u know that Im going to respray my car in 2 months, whats the average price for a full respray like yours in the UK just for curiosity and to compare haha :)

Hey Krimi,

Its a tough one only because my car has had a whole heap of extra work done including replacing the drivers side rear quarter panel and making good the bad repairs underneath it. I’ve also had custom work done like making the brackets for the flush indicators on the corners of the front bumper, plus the aerial delete. My car will be a bare metal respray, so not cheap! If you then add the Lamborghini paint colour, it’s really not cheap! Lol.

Ive spent a lot on this (if you really want a figure, PM me), but it’s been a load of work for Matt and his attention to detail and skills are superb mate. 

I think a basic respray over here is around £4k, but I do think you get what you pay for in terms of quality and durability. Paint shouldn’t be rushed, period. :) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Hey Krimi,

Its a tough one only because my car has had a whole heap of extra work done including replacing the drivers side rear quarter panel and making good the bad repairs underneath it. I’ve also had custom work done like making the brackets for the flush indicators on the corners of the front bumper, plus the aerial delete. My car will be a bare metal respray, so not cheap! If you then add the Lamborghini paint colour, it’s really not cheap! Lol.

Ive spent a lot on this (if you really want a figure, PM me), but it’s been a load of work for Matt and his attention to detail and skills are superb mate. 

I think a basic respray over here is around £4k, but I do think you get what you pay for in terms of quality and durability. Paint shouldn’t be rushed, period. :) 

For sure, here for a full respray, put new glasses, windshield, blablabla Full work. Arround 10k€ but its a impecable work, and its worth it. Keep uppp Im obsessed with ur project :)

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:12 AM, Krimi said:

For sure, here for a full respray, put new glasses, windshield, blablabla Full work. Arround 10k€ but its a impecable work, and its worth it. Keep uppp Im obsessed with ur project :)

Thanks Krimi, hopefully you’ll see the bootlid video, I’ll be posting regular updates as and when I hear more mate. :) 

18 minutes ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Looks amazing! Loving the colour 🙂👍

Thanks Ben. :)

Hopefully not too much longer till it’s all painted and back together. Then it’s off to Lee and the guys at SRD for a few more jobs before I hopefully get to keep it here to drive and enjoy for a bit! :) 

Evening All,

So having ordered the new boot mat from JL Design & Fab (based in Adelaide, Australia) back on the 13/02, I was really pleased with how it turned out. Quality is spot on,and I really like the dimpled/non-slip backing, the Supra Pure Sport badging and the thick pile. What really surprised me was it was on my doorstop on the 23/02, so  10 days total from Australia! Excuse the few white cat hairs, having to store parts wherever I can until I get the car back, so spare bed was the best place, but cat sleeps on it! Lol. I decided to grab a set of the matching floor mats which you can order as two (fronts only) or four. I went for the full set and I placed the order on the 24/02, these arrived today (09/03). I had emails the whole way through, order received, order dispatched, arrived, with Customs, out for delivery, delivered. The mats cost me £190 all in, the boot carpet was £132. Might have saved a couple quid if I ordered them together, but for £322 delivered with shipping, duty, VAT all included, I think these are a great deal. :) 

These will really help carry the new look and feel over to the inside and should finish things off really well. 

Hope you like them and do check out the site if you want a set. 👍

87D7884A-6C63-4167-871E-EB6514C5E018.jpeg

0372FE3E-92CF-4D94-81B4-E7F586DC28F0.jpeg

9FF74CED-DC6A-4B82-BA7A-4EB537AE921B.jpeg

C80D717E-97BA-4652-A64C-34E6F2CE44BA.jpeg

86D02253-EEEA-4EFB-9671-8210BF32EE8B.jpeg

EEA56724-6588-467D-A889-55F0242C01C2.jpeg

490DFB96-8D0A-4A6B-AD84-1759358A8E78.jpeg

B115F45E-C42D-4B8A-8DD3-A4D09ABD73C8.jpeg

D5862262-706A-49B1-A8B5-0FC1C3DDED11.jpeg

Edited by Peter P (see edit history)
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Evening All,

So having ordered the new boot mat from JL Design & Fab (based in Adelaide, Australia) back on the 13/02, I was really pleased with how it turned out. Quality is spot on,and I really like the dimpled/non-slip backing, the Supra Pure Sport badging and the thick pile. What really surprised me was it was on my doorstop on the 23/02, so  10 days total from Australia! Excuse the few white cat hairs, having to store parts wherever I can until I get the car back, so spare bed was the best place, but cat sleeps on it! Lol. I decided to grab a set of the matching floor mats which you can order as two (fronts only) or four. I went for the full set and I placed the order on the 24/02, these arrived today (09/03). I had emails the whole way through, order received, order dispatched, arrived, with Customs, out for delivery, delivered. The mats cost me £190 all in, the boot carpet was £132. Might have saved a couple quid if I ordered them together, but for £322 delivered with shipping, duty, VAT all included, I think these are a great deal. :) 

These will really help carry the new look and feel over to the inside and should finish things off really well. 

Hope you like them and do check out the site if you want a set. 👍

87D7884A-6C63-4167-871E-EB6514C5E018.jpeg

0372FE3E-92CF-4D94-81B4-E7F586DC28F0.jpeg

9FF74CED-DC6A-4B82-BA7A-4EB537AE921B.jpeg

C80D717E-97BA-4652-A64C-34E6F2CE44BA.jpeg

86D02253-EEEA-4EFB-9671-8210BF32EE8B.jpeg

EEA56724-6588-467D-A889-55F0242C01C2.jpeg

490DFB96-8D0A-4A6B-AD84-1759358A8E78.jpeg

B115F45E-C42D-4B8A-8DD3-A4D09ABD73C8.jpeg

D5862262-706A-49B1-A8B5-0FC1C3DDED11.jpeg

They look top quality 👌🏼 Got a link 😅

• Like 1

Afternoon All,

Had some more photos and an update from Matt today, he’s finished painting both doors, just need flatting and polishing, but these already look so good compared to how they were before. :) 

Love this colour and that’s two more big pieces done and dusted. 

2E48C98C-80F9-4A63-8CCE-C33F613CE3F6.jpeg

4252E7F1-4431-4BE1-BBF7-BF4268C26CBE.jpeg

C103B50F-29F7-4A60-9CEB-9606A7E5E1F5.jpeg

817F8961-499C-4BC0-8554-28E09C932FC3.jpeg

15ECC969-E49A-44D9-A07E-F7AEBCCAD3F8.jpeg

61FFAC9D-3B68-499A-9AB5-0C89F03CBA3B.jpeg

• Like 2