The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra - Progress so far, next steps and build thread

Peter P

5 hours ago, Tyson said:

Very nice, I was going to suggest adding a Supra decal to it but I am not sure now as I like them how they are. I wonder what an illuminated logo would look like. 

Thanks mate. Funnily enough I was thinking along the same lines as far as a Supra logo, but kind of like them as they are. I had illuminated door sills in my ISF, did look nice, but not sure I’d want them on the Supra. Still got my footwell lights to add at some point. 🙂 

• Like 1

So nothing new to report on the car, but the garage now has its nice new door installed. I’ve also made a good start with my Son at removing the studio inside. Will be starting again with the wiring thanks to a mate, so should be a nice home for the Supra when it’s all done. Hoping to get the inside painted and the new workstation setup at the back whilst I’m off work this week. Wish me luck! 🙂 

F2984C57-A8F8-4C5E-B666-E34ED8B23D88.jpeg

820D9B13-9118-4280-ADC3-39A735002DD6.jpeg

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Peter P said:

So nothing new to report on the car, but the garage now has its nice new door installed. I’ve also made a good start with my Son at removing the studio inside. Will be starting again with the wiring thanks to a mate, so should be a nice home for the Supra when it’s all done. Hoping to get the inside painted and the new workstation setup at the back whilst I’m off work this week. Wish me luck! 🙂 

F2984C57-A8F8-4C5E-B666-E34ED8B23D88.jpeg

820D9B13-9118-4280-ADC3-39A735002DD6.jpeg

Get some racking in there and your good to go 👌🏼

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

Massive improvement on the looks of the garage, and far more practical than two single doors.

Great work.

Thanks, the old setup was no good and trying to get the car in and out without hitting the frame was a challenge, this should work a lot better! 🙂 

7 hours ago, Tyson said:

Loving the garage! Took me ages to find a house with a big enough garage to fit the car in, you won’t have any problems with yours 😄 

Thanks, I actually bought the house for the garage! Let the Wife check the actual house, then waited patiently for over 5yrs as we did the house (roof off for insulation, new windows and doors, new kitchen, new boiler, rebuilt the laundry room at the back). Decided it was time to finally do the garage, so rather than move we borrowed a bit more on the mortgage to do this and some interior re-modelling. Should give me the perfect setup and I have a garage 30secs down the road who let me use their ramp if needed. 👍

13 hours ago, Annabella said:

Looks miles better already.

Thanks, hoping to get a bit more done this week whilst we are off work. 🤞

13 hours ago, bradleyh_15 said:

Get some racking in there and your good to go 👌🏼

Indeed, the workstation should offer plenty of storage for both car and house tools, I also have a single bench buried at the back of what was the studio room I will re-locate for extra storage and cleaning stuff. Will see how I go and order some racking if needed. 🙂 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter P said:

Thanks, the old setup was no good and trying to get the car in and out without hitting the frame was a challenge, this should work a lot better! 🙂 

Thanks, I actually bought the house for the garage! Let the Wife check the actual house, then waited patiently for over 5yrs as we did the house (roof off for insulation, new windows and doors, new kitchen, new boiler, rebuilt the laundry room at the back). Decided it was time to finally do the garage, so rather than move we borrowed a bit more on the mortgage to do this and some interior re-modelling. Should give me the perfect setup and I have a garage 30secs down the road who let me use their ramp if needed. 👍

Thanks, hoping to get a bit more done this week whilst we are off work. 🤞

Indeed, the workstation should offer plenty of storage for both car and house tools, I also have a single bench buried at the back of what was the studio room I will re-locate for extra storage and cleaning stuff. Will see how I go and order some racking if needed. 🙂 

Win win situation! It was pretty much the same deal with our house, the wife had say over everything else I just had to approve the garage dimensions 😄 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon Folks,

So couple of updates today. First up the Supra, Harry has finished one of my headlights after a lot of fettling to get the carbon inserts to fit nicely. Think you’ll agree these should look epic when they are finished and back on the car. Huge thanks to Harry for his efforts and hard work, I know these are proving to me a royal PITA, so really appreciate your efforts and patience mate. 👍

My Works wheels are also due to reach Driftworks tomorrow, so provided they pass their checks and inspection I should get them later this week/early next week hopefully. 🤞

Last up for today is an update on the garage work. Ramp went in last Friday and is pretty much fully dried/ready to use now. Thankfully won’t have a car on it for at least another week or two, so should be rock solid by then. I’ve finished building the work station and putting up my tools, cleaning stuff and banners etc. Got my mate/sparky coming after work today hopefully to install the new lights and plug sockets/switches etc. Just got the last of my brothers stuff to clear and the tyres will go when the new wheels arrive obviously. Pretty happy with how it looks. 🙂 

A1563208-AF3F-4605-B972-EDD96B09F354.jpeg

066B797F-C8CC-4B72-AFEE-D006FB14AAB7.jpeg

0FE4AA90-D0B8-41F2-BEE3-1CE117932924.jpeg

D97BE28F-5E90-43F2-B4CB-9D5CD3D6E02D.jpeg

52E9CB50-4E5B-4498-9A64-FE2D189002DF.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tayr said:

Looking really good! When do you expect the car to be finished and ready? GO Japan is end of September which would be good to see your car at

Funnily enough I was just posting on your thread about Go Japan in the events section! Lol. 😉 

Hoping to have enough done to at least drive the car to Brands for the show, may not have all the work I’ve paid for with SRD done by then, but as long as it’s MOT’d, serviced and has the new radiator fitted I’m planning to attend mate. 👍

• Like 1

So both headlights are now pretty much done. Harry has done a stunning job with these, just a final clean before they can be packed up and sent back to me. 🙂 

Can’t thank him enough as the work and effort that’s gone in to these is phenomenal. Thank you again mate, can’t wait to have these back on the car. 

New wheels should have arrived at Driftworks today, hoping they pass inspection and are dispatched early next week. If so, it’s tyre fitting time and we can get them and the headlights fitted so the car can go to Lee P and the guys at SRD for the next phase before it gets a maiden outing for Go Japan at Brands Hatch later this month. 

E4AB0CF8-E00E-4EC8-B504-38BB2D4CB3A0.jpeg

BA720F46-BD1A-42E1-B9B6-6A400BA4615E.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Krimi said:

Man… Your build has an incredible attention to detail, every time that I check the forum there is a new detail added to the car, congrats on that, countdown to finish the project!! 

Thanks mate, appreciate it. 👍

Aesthetically the project will be done soon hopefully, but still got a long way to go on the other stuff. The headlights and wheels will be going on, then it’s over to SRD to do new suspension, new radiator, BPU work, full service, new steering wheel install, new TRD early style engine mounts with Whifbitz bracket conversion, gearbox cooler, AEM AFR gauge install, new pedal covers and the all important MOT so it’s road legal.

After that it will be time for the 8-speed ISF gearbox conversion, uprated LS400 MK2 rear diff with OS Giken internals, SYVECS S7+ ecu install and setup along with Burna’s button shifter conversion.

Last up will be full engine build based on a 3.4L stroker kit and single turbo conversion.  Probably another 2yrs of saving at least to get all this done, but should be quite the example when it’s done. 🙂 

Edited by Peter P
More detail added (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Hey Folks,

So exciting times, both my reworked headlights and new Work wheels showed up yesterday. 🙂 👍

I haven’t had a chance to snap any photos yet, but the headlights are already with Matt at M H Bodywork to hopefully install and wire up today. Wheels and tyres are due to be married up this Sunday, then fitted next week. Car will then be ready for trailering to SRD. Think young James is coming Saturday week to get it, and then the guys are going to crack on that following week so it’s ready for me to collect and drive to the Go Japan show at Brands Hatch on Sunday 26th September.

I did peek at both the headlights and wheels yesterday, both look stunning and should compliment the project really well. I will get some photos up shortly. 👍

Cheers for now.

Pete 🙂 

• Like 3

Afternoon Folks,

So what started off as a great day has ended in tears (mine!). Took my new wheels to get the tyres fitted and 3 of them are done and look amazing (see photos) sadly the 4th wheel (one of the fronts) has been dented in transit. Outer lip as well, so not sure what to do now. I’ve emailed Driftworks to see if they can help, but last thing I need is to wait another 8 odd months for a replacement! Car was due to have these fitted this coming week before going to SRD and then the Go Japan show. I’m so gutted, just feels like fate doesn’t want me to finish the car or get any enjoyment out of it. 😢

The headlights were almost a disaster as well. Clearly the courier re-packed them after the box was split open, but thankfully the actual headlights are fine and got here safe some how. Unfortunately they did manage to lose one of the controller units, so didn’t look like these would be ready either for the show. Thankfully Harry being the legend he is has managed to get replacements on the way and they should arrive middle of the week and are going straight to Matt at M H Bodywork to fit. Just gutting car won’t be wearing these lovely wheels unless a miracle happens. 

D0FBC620-93CE-4D9E-A091-74D37B959B95.jpeg

81BE2325-ADDB-491B-BD4E-810FDDB5FFC2.jpeg

025CB8BF-268D-40B8-97B0-883963E11A01.jpeg

116E85A5-5200-4FBB-B242-FD8FC63464FC.jpeg

EE7E928C-C499-4C4B-A554-C28272F1C7C2.jpeg

6F99AB45-0251-4F8B-B587-55CCB2F6A48E.jpeg

2B0A0A15-1690-4778-97B1-721CB3A7B20E.jpeg

6C6CD08F-55F0-4019-A3EB-85A175D88A53.jpeg

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Peter P said:

Afternoon Folks,

So what started off as a great day has ended in tears (mine!). Took my new wheels to get the tyres fitted and 3 of them are done and look amazing (see photos) sadly the 4th wheel (one of the fronts) has been dented in transit. Outer lip as well, so not sure what to do now. I’ve emailed Driftworks to see if they can help, but last thing I need is to wait another 8 odd months for a replacement! Car was due to have these fitted this coming week before going to SRD and then the Go Japan show. I’m so gutted, just feels like fate doesn’t want me to finish the car or get any enjoyment out of it. 😢

The headlights were almost a disaster as well. Clearly the courier re-packed them after the box was split open, but thankfully the actual headlights are fine and got here safe some how. Unfortunately they did manage to lose one of the controller units, so didn’t look like these would be ready either for the show. Thankfully Harry being the legend he is has managed to get replacements on the way and they should arrive middle of the week and are going straight to Matt at M H Bodywork to fit. Just gutting car won’t be wearing these lovely wheels unless a miracle happens. 

Christ, that's a rotten bit of luck. At least you still have a full set of wheels so SRD can work their magic. Hopefully Driftworks will pull some strings (and throw their weight around if needed) to get another lip on the wheel ASAP. 🤞🏾

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, m12aak said:

Christ, that's a rotten bit of luck. At least you still have a full set of wheels so SRD can work their magic. Hopefully Driftworks will pull some strings (and throw their weight around if needed) to get another lip on the wheel ASAP. 🤞🏾

Thank you mate, really hope so as it was gutting to get so close, and then fall at the final wheel. Does mean I’ll probably have to show the car at Go Japan on my existing wheels, but I’d settle for that at this point. Just praying the rest goes without any further disasters, seems to be one thing after another! 🙄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Peter P said:

Afternoon Folks,

Assuming getting it repaired isn't an option? When I hit a pot hole in my F&F replica I dented a wheel. Was the only option for me as the racing hearts were impossible to find. But then I suppose being brand new wheels you'd rather have a replacement. 

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)

1 minute ago, ben_harmer32 said:

Assuming getting it repaired isn't an option? When I hit a pot hole in my F&F replica I dented a wheel. Was the only option for me as the racing hearts were impossible to find. But then I suppose being brand new wheels you'd rather have a replacement. 

Thanks Ben.

If I’m being totally honest I would happily get it repaired, but not sure if that’s even an option. I’ve reached out to Driftworks and also left a message for Lepsons to call me to see if it can be repaired, if so, I’ll do that and worry about compensation later I guess. Just want my new wheels on the car, but who knows if that’s going to happen anytime soon mate. 😢

4 minutes ago, Peter P said:

Thanks Ben.

If I’m being totally honest I would happily get it repaired, but not sure if that’s even an option. I’ve reached out to Driftworks and also left a message for Lepsons to call me to see if it can be repaired, if so, I’ll do that and worry about compensation later I guess. Just want my new wheels on the car, but who knows if that’s going to happen anytime soon mate. 😢

I used these guys (mainly because they were local to me):

https://www.aliwheelrimrepairs.co.uk/

Did a great job and never had any issues with it after. 

Edited by ben_harmer32 (see edit history)