The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's your daily driver?

Simo2007

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some diverse daily drivers here, it's great to see how varied they are!

GT86- I've never actually considered one of these, but I'm now going to look, cheers Chris!

Range Rover- I'm confident any newer ones will be decently reliable, I'd get the TDV8 and the aluminium body should mean no rust worries.

I hear Lexus' are very comfortable and importantly, reliable. I've never driven one though! Really like the idea of a pick up truck like the Hilux/Raptor/Navara etc, how are these on longer journeys Samurai?

The S60 D5 comes up all the time on Pistonheads. Pre-DPF too, I like the idea of one of these.

Electric is off the cards for me, unless it's a Tesla which means the best part of £40k for the 300+ mile range.

Cam27, is your A3 the manual or DSG?

Never seen the Grandis before Annabella, but looks like a very spacious and economical daily!

Keep them coming :D

Edited by Simo2007 (see edit history)

Daily drive a late 2018 Mini Cooper S 3dr with JCW pack. 13000 miles so far since new in just under a year and currently getting 37mpg which isn’t too bad considering I don’t really hang about.

Use to have an 08 Astra Sri 1.9cdri but had enough of the gearbox bearings wearing out nearly ever 18k miles of motorway driving and only getting 43mpg so treated myself to an upgrade. :D

There are some diverse daily drivers here, it's great to see how varied they are!

GT86- I've never actually considered one of these, but I'm now going to look, cheers Chris!

Range Rover- I'm confident any newer ones will be decently reliable, I'd get the TDV8 and the aluminium body should mean no rust worries.

I hear Lexus' are very comfortable and importantly, reliable. I've never driven one though! Really like the idea of a pick up truck like the Hilux/Raptor/Navara etc, how are these on longer journeys Samurai?

The S60 D5 comes up all the time on Pistonheads. Pre-DPF too, I like the idea of one of these.

Electric is off the cards for me, unless it's a Tesla which means the best part of £40k for the 300+ mile range.

Never seen the Grandis before Annabella, but looks like a very spacious and economical daily!

If you are considering getting a Lexus make sure you avoid the IS220D. The engine is a pile of poo and this is coming from someone that I spoke to that worked for Lexus!

Those VAG 1.6 TDI's are super efficient aren't they, are they the bluemotion engines? There's a possibility I'll be having shorter commutes sometime in the future but I'd still want the comfort/luxury aspect when I drive back to the Midlands up to 2x a month, hence why a diesel isn't off the cards!

I don't think my engine is a bluemotion one but it's pre-dpf so it's definitely saved me a lot of hassle in that respect! It's looking as though diesel is starting to move back over to it's bad/dirty reputation again so I don't know how it'll start to effect prices. Buyers market just now at least!

Haha me and Dad was very impressed

:D

2010 BMW 320D Effient Dynamics here, very comfortable daily nice to drive and very economical, I do an 80 mile round trip for work every day aswell as have a season ticket at Man Utd (130 mile each way) so economy was very important for me and does the job nicely :) 163bhp too which is by no means fast but is sufficient to overtake when needed and drive comfortably

attachment.php?attachmentid=233730&stc=1&d=1572445644

IMG_2499.jpg

I daily a Lexus IS250 SE-L 2007. Short commute so i dont worry about the fuel. It is very nice to drive, very comfy and you can also have some fun in it. It is fully loaded so you get lots of toys, nice sound system, leather memory heated+cooled seats, electric blind in the back, DVD, everything auto etc. Only had it for a year but no issues and feels very well made. They are cheap too.

I've got a 2002 S3, bought it from an auction for £1500 a couple of years ago to get me through the winter and i've had it ever since. Previously owned by some barryboy, it's lowered on coilovers, has a induction kit, bov and loud exhaust. Not sure on the power but it's not the standard 220bhp, it's proper rapid in all weathers and great fun to drive :) Does about 30mpg, 40ish on a run. I only do about 4k a year so economy is of no interest to me :D

IMG_20171125_125103.jpg

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

Its cavernous! Furniture, tip runs, bikes, 7 adults and 8 cases for airport, have to keep telling myself that as I dislike it greatly.

I daily a Lexus IS250 SE-L 2007. Short commute so i dont worry about the fuel. It is very nice to drive, very comfy and you can also have some fun in it. It is fully loaded so you get lots of toys, nice sound system, leather memory heated+cooled seats, electric blind in the back, DVD, everything auto etc. Only had it for a year but no issues and feels very well made. They are cheap too.

My folks have had one of these for years now, I envy the cooled seats, no issues with theirs at all, likes a sip of oil that's it really!

My daily is 1.6 single turbo 6 speed Kia Cee’d :D 100 miles a day mile muncher, averaging between 60-70mpg.

The backup car (wife’s) is a 2.0 Seat Leon sport DSG with an AMD tuning map.

The glorious fleet! Supra gets the driveway prime spot, with palm leaves wafting a cooling draft over it. The others bake in the sun and fetch the kids. ;)

That's what I should have bought instead of the diesel!

My daily is 1.6 single turbo 6 speed Kia Cee’d :D 100 miles a day mile muncher, averaging between 60-70mpg.

The backup car (wife’s) is a 2.0 Seat Leon sport DSG with an AMD tuning map.

The glorious fleet! Supra gets the driveway prime spot, with palm leaves wafting a cooling draft over it. The others bake in the sun and fetch the kids. ;)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191030/c060b1b939da565118e78a4091736e0c.jpg

Another one here with a ceed diesel. Awesome cars and super reliable whilst returning great fuel economy. 55mpg on the daily commute and easily get 70mpg on a run. Also has all the toys you need in gt line form for the daily commute.