The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's your daily driver?

Simo2007

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some cool cars in here! Quite a few mile munchers too! Mondeo's are meant to be awesome for this I hear.

Not very practical I'm afraid, but great dodging the rush hour traffic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]233733[/ATTACH]

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=233733&d=1572528962

I have always had a soft spot for these, and I think I would get one in a heartbeat- but do they still have the rust issues as much as the MK1 and MK2?

My relatively ancient 645 has impressed me with it's NVH (noise vibration harshness) compared to the Supra. The masses say the Supra's a GT car but it's on the sports side suspension NVH wise compared to the BMW which is more wafty/comfortable GT.

Never really considered BMW's and only when for it because "manual V8" but other aspects have grown on me. Might have to keep an eye on these later ones as they depreciate.

Edited by Scooter (see edit history)

i drive a 53 plate E320 Merc, family owned since new, 220k miles on it.

I've got 3 weekend cars (mkiv, mkv, and v8 m3) so i have to drive this daily to be able to afford the others lol. Leaks from the roof, radio doesn't work if rear demister is on and it drives like a boat. But it's worth it!

I have always had a soft spot for these, and I think I would get one in a heartbeat- but do they still have the rust issues as much as the MK1 and MK2?

Disappointingly I noted a small bubble starting to appear by one wheel arch after just 9 years. I guess that's not as bad as cars used to be back in the 80's. It's fine everywhere else though.

Can't decide if to sort it and keep for another year or trade up. Shame as I enjoy it so much.

I have a 2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD. I only do about 250 miles/week, but it has been so much better than my previous mk5 Golf GTI.

I have a Supra 5 speed TT that I need to get into shape for using as an intermittent daily as well; and keep my VVTi 6 speed single for weekends :)

2002 330ci 5 speed manual on 127k miles - been garaged most it's life - love it.

Loads of electrical gremlins (abs sensors temperamental in the wet, radio restarts sometimes on hard cornering or speed bumps, parking sensors randomly change the radio function).

Swapped the dead old suspension out myself for b8s and eibachs as I was going track it but it's too nice for that. This is the home mechanic practice car too, supra parts are a bit expensive to practice on.

Chopped my company car in permanently for it now and will pay for itself inside 6 months (hopefully!). The BIK rates are getting beyond a joke :(

2019 Range Rover Velar here. I do about 20k a year for work so wanted something comfy. Nice to get in the supra for the power...

What are they like on the motorway and in town? I was looking to get one earlier this year before getting the S8... They're the best looking RR on the market at the moment, imo.