The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cryto Currency

Jellybean

I suggest you put less time into learning the "hodl" meme language and more time into reading about markets, trading pairs and the technology behind the things you buy in to.

Good advice.

Like Sheefa said, good to keep within a good circle and follow educated advice.

I’ve not read into many white papers or tech behind it; like many my interest at this early stage is speculative.

I've deleted all my portfolio tracking stuff from my phone. Not even going to look at things until mid to end of February

Only thing I've been reading into is paying tax on profits. I'm nowhere near the limits where I need to declare anything if I was to cash out but it's worth getting up to speed on as it's going to be a pain to sort out one day (provided I actually make any money in the end :D )

I've deleted all my portfolio tracking stuff from my phone. Not even going to look at things until mid to end of February

Only thing I've been reading into is paying tax on profits. I'm nowhere near the limits where I need to declare anything if I was to cash out but it's worth getting up to speed on as it's going to be a pain to sort out one day (provided I actually make any money in the end :D )

Yeah agreed 're tax man. Sadly I made a huge loss of around £30k.....

Yeah agreed 're tax man. Sadly I made a huge loss of around £30k.....

/QUOTE]

Ouch, that's brutal. Just handing a freshly imported TT6 over to the tax man essentially :(

Annoys me they tax your wages which is usually where your investment comes from. Then tax you again when the profit it has made comes back to you.

It is NOT too late to invest in the key coins mentioned throughout the thread. The market is only $500bn and has trillions and trillions of growth to come.

Do your research, follow key crypto groups and choose/invest wisely.

25th Jan

7 days later.

Yep I sold everything about 5-7 days ago and have €20k on exchange waiting for re-entry. This will continue to decline so only option if you haven't got out already is to HODL.

:shock:

Everyone on here is a big boy and knows their own risks...but I do wonder if maybe after pushing the virtues of crypto so bullishly to everyone you ought to have considered giving them a heads up when you thought it was going tits up?

Have I read that right?

Edited by Pete (see edit history)

25th Jan

7 days later.

:shock:

Everyone on here is a big boy and knows their own risks...but I do wonder if maybe after pushing the virtues of crypto so bullishly to everyone you ought to have considered giving them a heads up when you thought it was going tits up?

You may of heard this phrase before Pete, DYOR aka Do Your Own Research. I am a member of a paid RT Crypto group and the signal from the main man was a potential plummet from the Tether scandal. I took the aggressive strategy and sold up to buy back in to the mega dip. I'm not giving advice here on aggressive strategies. I still hold 10% of a portfolio actually which are NEO, RPX, Trinity, and a few others. I also haven't sold any of the mini supra group fund as this was an extremely high risk strategy that has fortunately paid off but COULD of resulted in me exiting crypto and having to buy in substantially higher.

So forgive me if I don't spoon feed your ass.

You may of heard this phrase before Pete, DYOR aka Do Your Own Research.

So forgive me if I don't spoon feed your ass.

Wow - I could put a few phrases back your way you might have heard before as well.

At the end of the day I don't care personally, I'm not playing the game and it doesn't affect me. I do care about the club members though.

Wow - I could put a few phrases back your way you might have heard before as well.

At the end of the day I don't care personally, I'm not playing the game and it doesn't affect me. I do care about the club members though.

So if I posted up that a potential huge retrace was coming and people sold up then what? Say it moved up and people lost money by selling and trying to buy back in? By HODLing you're not losing anything, I'm trading aggressively. I believe you ate invested in crypto though right? In which case why not state to members to hold? Or did you NOT do your own research?

I believe you ate invested in crypto though right? In which case why not state to members to hold? Or did you NOT do your own research?

I'm doing an experiment to learn how it works, study it and learn the mechanisms. It's not an investment and I stand by my initial feelings on crypto. I've not seen anything yet that makes me want to put my money into it without making it a full time job to monitor the market. I already have a full time job.

I bet that guy who runs the Facebook crypto group is laughing his bo#$*cks off. He's had £300 a pop off over 800 people. He's made over 240k, and probably couldn't care less if it all falls apart now.

He has made a fair bit, not like he needed it before mind. The couldn’t care less statement, if directed at his group members, is harsh.

His prediction was a huge retrace and he informed paid members that BTC was likely to go down to sub €7k Euro level a few days back and he put buy orders in at €7060 which just filled so he was right. I followed him close to the line.

Believe it or not he’s totally transparent with everyone in the group, check Siam Kidd twitter too for substantiation on his moves.

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

I bet that guy who runs the Facebook crypto group is laughing his bo#$*cks off. He's had £300 a pop off over 800 people. He's made over 240k, and probably couldn't care less if it all falls apart now.

Dont know the guy or his group so cant comment, but I bet you theres a lot of people who went on Facebook etc looked at their friends bragging about the gains they had made (and ive seen plenty of it), who have then invested and just lost large sums of money.

Just looking at this thread you can tell there are people who have obviously spent the time researching this subject, and then those who know nothing about it but think they can make a good profit quickly.

I suppose the best advice for novice investors is similar to that the forum gives about Supra ECU choice, as in choose your mapper and they will tell you what to use. A decent, competent, trustworthy financial advisor (and they do exist) will tell you the best thing to invest your money in, based on your 'pot' and the amount of risk you're willing to accept.

These cryptocurrencies are going to be a rollercoaster for the forseable future.

Ric is absolutely correct. It will always come back and stronger. Crypto isn't going to suddenly die, it will be the mainstay of payments in the future.

There's plenty of anayslsis, articles, main brand investors etc to support this.

From what I've seen so far there are few (no!) absolutes?

Aren't we looking at a potential, VHS vs Betamax (for the oldies!) or Atari, Sega, Nintendo (for the slightly less old) scenario, where presuming they find a use only the strongest, easiest to use, best funded/supported survive and the rest disappear?

It may take weeks or months but it will at some point.

Eth was 150quid when i bought most of mine it went upto 450 and crashed down to 90/100 which is a larger drop than now % wise.

Eventually it will go back up it's just how it is. Hodling is a decent strategy if you aren't interested in trading.

I know that upsets the elitist view of the experienced trader.

If you have the view of competing standards like above. Bitcoin will eventually die as it becomes unusable due to high fee's etc. That money will go elsewhere. I don't keep any BTC due to the fact that it's rubbish at what it does.