The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cryto Currency

Jellybean

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been looking at COSS? A new exchange that is hoping to have FIAT pairings by the end of March. Also distributes 50% of their revenue in dust to their coin holders as well. I've just signed up and grabbed a few sheckles.

OCN is something I need to look at tonight too. Will do my TRX some favours if all goes well

Stop losses are more for day trading / chasing pumps than they are long term investing, 10% is more than enough if you know where to buy.

I'd be a little wary of putting any more fiat in at the moment buddy, we are still in a bear market and the btc charts don't look healthy. If we don't break the downtrend btc could easily half its value, at best.

• 1 month later...

Personally i think the only trading you should be doing at the moment is short term day trading, buying breakouts etc.

I liquidated 99% of my holdings into fiat well over a month a go when bitcoin was no longer in a 'dip' and was in a confirmed downtrend / bearmarket. The right move too, i'd be deep into 5figures worse off if i'd blindly held on. I only have big holding left that i am uberbullish on.

We are still in a bearmarket.

It'll go like this for alts.. if bitcoin does break out of the downtrend it'll pump for a few weeks meaning alt coins normally lose value, in btc value and £ value as people sell them to ride btc pump. If bitcoin continues bleeding out alt coins will too, more than bitcoin, as people sell out for fiat/tether, minus a few breakouts here and there.

Either way, its a bad time to hold any alt coins for a prolonged period ATM unless you are good at TA/FA. Play the market cycles, every coin, stock, precious metal etc has them :thumbs:

Expecting (hoping) btc to break out in april, if it doesn't, doom. Best to be in btc or fiat :)

If btc does breakout and pumps, buy altcoins like there is no tomorrow once they hit their major support levels!

This is why you always take profits in a bull market :taped:

Nb. best we can hope for is a double bottom about $5.9k then a big bounce. If we break that we prob going to see between $2k and 4k, hard to tell, this is mostly best guess and identifying strong support prices.

Edited by Marty (see edit history)

I am, the markets have been brutal lately but I've managed to make a small amount since February. I was lucky enough to move most of my gains out in December, anticipating a drop in Jan. I didn't expect it to keep dropping, but I've managed to put myself in a position where I will make high 5 to 6 figures if (when) the market recovers to its December position.

Yes I bailed out back into FIAT a few weeks ago for a circa £6k loss although if I had of stayed in I would be over £15.4k down now so 100% the right call. More falling likely do jumping back in when either BTC hits $5500 or $40 NEO whichever comes first.

Avoid Bitifinex is my advice. When the whole tether debacle explodes that exchange is likely to come crashing down first.

• 2 weeks later...

It was all started by market manipulation to catch out the record volume of people shorting BTC so it should’ve just dropped again. Looks like everyone is just FOMO’ing in now and we’ll see a drop again soon. But it’s crypto so who the hell knows

We are still in a downtrend but market sentiment is changing, we could do with the daily candle closing above 8k-8.2k, even then it could be a bull trap. At the moment all eyes are focused on btc, it's all about margin trading, these big moves either way liquidate people and thats the play at the moment manipulation wise. As Style has said. This bearmarket could easily last the rest of the year unfortunately as it's playing out like the 2014 one so far, though circumstances are different this time.

That said, a lot of altcoins are back at their accumulation levels / heavy support. The smart play is trying to catch these breakouts as there's very good profits to be made by day trading these.

Edited by Marty
moonbag delete (see edit history)

It was all started by market manipulation to catch out the record volume of people shorting BTC so it should’ve just dropped again. Looks like everyone is just FOMO’ing in now and we’ll see a drop again soon. But it’s crypto so who the hell knows ��

Absolutely agree with this, everyone here should be looking to cash out at least a little bit into GBP/USD when they hit their target price. Chances are you will be able to re-buy at a lower rate in a few days.