The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

Does this not prove we have not only an issue with lying scumbag politicians but also a huge problem with media. Neither have ANY credibility in my eyes anymore

The media is a very big problem, to get ratings they actually cause more hysteria by being reckless.....

A simple example is the weather reporting, each year they come up with some new forecast where the world will end and we are lucky if we see a day of snow :lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Italy and Greece have financial issues and without our bailout assistance I dont see how the remaining countries can afford to prop up the Euro for much longer.

The UK was never on the hook for these bailing out eurozone countries anyway, the EU had assured us of that. You could argue that our payments to the EU go towards helping to bail out other countries, maybe that's true. But even if it did happen, we wouldn't have been asked to increase our payments. In effect, the EU would be making the bailouts from whatever funds they already have from the member nations.

The UK was never on the hook for these bailing out eurozone countries anyway, the EU had assured us of that. You could argue that our payments to the EU go towards helping to bail out other countries, maybe that's true. But even if it did happen, we wouldn't have been asked to increase our payments. In effect, the EU would be making the bailouts from whatever funds they already have from the member nations.

They assured us of that before, but it didn't stop a load of so called 'ringfenced' British EU contributions being used in a recent bailout.

Well actually our contribution varied depending on those other nations and how much they needed bailing out...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]212996[/ATTACH]

This year im not sure if it was supposed to go up or down

Lets be quite clear about how the country voted because this forum represents it very well, we are from all corners of the UK, there isn't a majority London membership. London and other large cities generally voted remain because they have it okay. Just because you can cram 7 million people into one city, who generally voted remain, doesn't make it a fair representation of the country as a whole. Please refer to a voting map for reference.

I really don't care geographically where Poland is, when Turkey joins 'Europe', Moldova might well be the new geographical centre of 'Europe'...Its still eastern Europe. Perhaps you can wikipedia it, save me screenshotting it for you.

I didn't call you're countries heritage or history into question, nor did I say being part of the communist block was voluntary on Polands behalf. I also dont don't hate the soviets and didn't think anyone else this side of Europe did either?

If British people here are not worried about Farage's stupid comments, then you definitely dont have to be. Only the rich are worried, the poor have nothing left to lose anyway.

I did check voting map for reference - even West Midlands, region with most Leave voters (and happens to be my home) voted 40 to 60 which is miles away from 20 to 80 this forum represents. Please refer to voting map for reference.

Your geographical ignorance will not move GEOGRAPHICAL center of Europe somewhere else, it is basically center of continent and Turkey/Moldavia/whoever joining European Union have nothing to do with it. I suggest stop using wikipedia, there are other trustful sources of geography knowledge.

You did call my country history and heritage in question in a moment you said we were "USSR state anyway", which is both derogatory and insulting for any Polish person.

Rich are laughing all the way to the bank after they had a play with short term quake on a markets, real test will start when UK will actually leave EU, as for now nothing really change.

They assured us of that before, but it didn't stop a load of so called 'ringfenced' British EU contributions being used in a recent bailout.

Have you got the source please? I've googled it but didn't find much. I've found some stories (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33556085 and http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jul/16/george-osborne-backs-down-eu-efsm-bailout-fund-greece-crisis). As usual it's quite confusing. It seems there's a bailout fund (EFSM) which the UK has paid money into. The money is used to bail out countries such as Greece (difficult to use a bailout fund for anything else!). The money is a loan, not a gift. If Greece fails to pay it back, it's not up to the UK to make up the shortfall. So in effect, it's like the Uk loaning money to Greece, but with the rest of the EU being the loan guarantor.

Well actually our contribution varied depending on those other nations and how much they needed bailing out...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]212996[/ATTACH]

This year im not sure if it was supposed to go up or down

The chart doesn't say why the UK's contribution fluctuated: it might or might not be due to bailout requirements. There's a big increase in 2010, so there's some correlation there.

The FTSE100 closed at a 2 month high today, pound is recovering and so is the FTSE250 :thumbs:

Italy and Greece have financial issues and without our bailout assistance I dont see how the remaining countries can afford to prop up the Euro for much longer.

Interesting times ahead.

I think the traders have realised that, in fact, nothing has really happened yet. The more cautious investers scattered as soon as the news broke and but have now realised that today is pretty much like yesterday and have gone back to doing their job, which is making hay while the sun is still shining.

I think that the real financial turmoul will happen, but it is a good way off yet. Probably on the other side of the Tory / Labour leadership contests and Article 50.

I think that the real financial turmoul will happen, but it is a good way off yet. Probably on the other side of the Tory / Labour leadership contests and Article 50.

GDP figures for the UK are published once a quarter I think. The next ones to come out will have more or less missed any fall-out from Brexit. The 3 or 4 figures after that will be where the real data is, and could drive some big long-term movements.

I did check voting map for reference - even West Midlands, region with most Leave voters (and happens to be my home) voted 40 to 60 which is miles away from 20 to 80 this forum represents. Please refer to voting map for reference.

Your geographical ignorance will not move GEOGRAPHICAL center of Europe somewhere else, it is basically center of continent and Turkey/Moldavia/whoever joining European Union have nothing to do with it. I suggest stop using wikipedia, there are other trustful sources of geography knowledge.

You did call my country history and heritage in question in a moment you said we were "USSR state anyway", which is both derogatory and insulting for any Polish person.

I actually said "Its an ex USSR state (Semi colon) anyway..." and got back on topic, in summary you were under communist influence anyway,so why call me ignorant and offensive for stating it. Greater understanding of you're hosts language is certainly required before trying to assassinate my internet character or turning this into race hate teddy part II. When the European union keeps extending east and south the geographical centre moves with it. This isn't my opinion, it's just a Geo-mathematical fact. Regardless of what you believe, the past is what classifies it as eastern Europe, does this offend you, is it also racist?

Britain is classified as Northern Europe just for balance. Could be a contender for 2016 most off topic arguement. :D

"The United Nations Statistics Division developed a selection of geographical regions and groupings of countries and areas, which are or may be used in compilation of statistics. In this collection, the following ten countries were classified as Eastern Europe:[10][11] Belarus, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, and Ukraine. The assignment of countries or areas to specific groupings is for statistical convenience and does not imply any assumption regarding political or other affiliation of countries or territories by the United Nations.[13] The United Nations' definition encompasses most of the states which were once under the Soviet Union's realm of influence and were part of the Warsaw Pact."

This has been on the cards for 10+ years now, bubbling away. The people have spoken, they want out of the union, not out of Europe and decide who comes into their country and what is wrong with that? Poland is actively vetoing immigration quota's, can you taste the irony yet ?

I'd be extremely interested to see Poland endure the same immigration level as my country and keep smiling away, I don't think Poles would tolerate it, especially ethnic minorities.

Scotland and N.Ireland aside, who now want the choice to decide their own destiny, i'd say this map generally shows the discourse between the view of Londoners, cities, the rich home counties and the rest of the country as a whole. Also factor in that David Cameron used the full powers of state to instill fear into the population right before the vote promising a poorer economy, less money and even extended it to travel issues before getting his best buddies including Barrack to tell us we are to goto the back of the trade queue if we vote out. Voting out was in my eyes a courageous decision by our small island nation. You are the ignorant one here, not me. Ignorant of what the people of this country want versus you're own desires for a better life or to be more accurate, money.

Time to pack:(

You all can have your jobs back now.

If Croatia said see you later lads, we're out, nobody would give a shit, but because we've given so much and carried so many for so long the world believes it to be a right, even you. Where does it end? It has to at some point.

- Signed by me, a knuckle dragging, racist, ignorant nationalist; with a Latvian girlfriend.

Was surprised about Boris - guess there are plenty of fractions within the party; I think May is the favourite.

Maybe he knows it'll be a turbulent period this time around and wants to hold off til next election so as to not risk his reputation. I am also surprised, I thought a lot of his posturing in the runup to the referendum was in order to take the leadership from Cameron.

I'd prefer May I think.

She has more ball than the rest of them, I can't help but see TM as another MT? :D

May is one of those politicians that is brought in to purposely screw things up....just look at her history (unless thats what you ment comparing her to Thatcher)

May is one of those politicians that is brought in to purposely screw things up....just look at her history (unless thats what you ment comparing her to Thatcher)

If she managed to make PM I think she would be worse than MT. Wasn't it her and Patricia Hewitt that argued the age of consent should be lowered from 16 to 14 and called for a dramatic reduction in statutory punishments for "consensual" sex with girls as young as 12? Then were found to have links to a paedophile group in 1970s!

Can we please never have someone like Margaret thatcher in power again. Teresa may would be a terrible choice. I'd rather have Borris Johnson or Cameron stay on than her

Personally think someone strong minded, strong willed & determined like a Thatcher would be ideal for Great Britain - especially since tough negotiations with the beaurocrats are now part of the job spec - not to mention dealing with the devo-queen scottish "thatcherite" sturgeon too.

Don't know much about Theresa May to make a judgement call on her other than how heavy handed she was with the police - demonstrating massive cahoonas

Can we please never have someone like Margaret thatcher in power again. Teresa may would be a terrible choice. I'd rather have Borris Johnson or Cameron stay on than her

I you're quick, you might be able to vote for your choice?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/30/how-to-join-the-conservative-party-you-need-to-join-now-to-vote-in-the-next-prime-minister-5974922/

Personally think someone strong minded, strong willed & determined like a Thatcher would be ideal for Great Britain - especially since tough negotiations with the beaurocrats are now part of the job spec - not to mention dealing with the devo-queen scottish "thatcherite" sturgeon too.

Don't know much about Theresa May to make a judgement call on her other than how heavy handed she was with the police - demonstrating massive cahoonas

Definitely need someone like that, just not her!