The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting article about evidence presented during (and after) debates. It's about the Chilcot report but I see strong parallels with the Brexit debate.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36744911

This isn't meant to be a partisan post. It's useful that it isn't about the referendum, because it's easier to see it in a neutral light.

Interesting read.

It is a sort of stockholm syndrome, Everyone gets their information from the main stream media (which is extremely biased) and that builds a belief system. Then important information comes along like the snowden leaks (everything you do is being spied on), high level paedophile rings etc etc that challenge belief system and people would rather ignore it than deal with it.

It reminds me of the matrix films, the first one was about how the control system couldn't work when people had the ability to make free choice. The second film was about the "why" as in why you make the choices and that the control system realised that if it could control the "why" it could control choice.

Leadsom rules herself out of the Tory Leadership, meaning that Theresa May is our next PM.

She's already got plans to overule the referedum. The rules for article 50 are changing in about 9 months so you need majority approval of the EU members to leave. Theresa May has already stated she wants to push it out till next year

Pretty much everything May has ever said is a lie, it was only a mtter of weeks ago she was campaigning to remain.

Why is that a lie? She was indeed campaigning to remain, but we can still have (and I strongly believe we will have) a new PM who was pro-remain but will still invoke Article 50. I see no dishonesty or lying in that.

Why is that a lie? She was indeed campaigning to remain, but we can still have (and I strongly believe we will have) a new PM who was pro-remain but will still invoke Article 50. I see no dishonesty or lying in that.

I guess we'll see in a few months won't we.

This whole debacle is more hilarious (in a sick, twisted brain hurting way) than the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

Leasdom 'ambushed' by herself by answering questions herself.

May (a remainer) winning leadership without actually doing anything, just watching everyone else fall on their swords.

No one voted for May and now she's PM, millions of people support Corbyn and yet he's facing leadership contests.

Welcome to democracy.

....and these are the "elite".

Regardless of Mays "Brexit means Brexit" speech I'm still as confident in my bet :)

Have you got a reference for this? If it's true, I strongly suspect it won't trouble the UK's Brexit plans.

Well the quickest is Wikipedia believe it or not: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_in_the_Council_of_the_European_Union

You can see that the treaty of Lisbon has new items that require qualified majority vote. One is ref 49a TEU which is the withdrawal of a member state.

This will require, as the name suggests, a majority vote. If we don't trigger article 50 before this change comes into effect then it doesn't matter what that snake Theresa May says because it won't be her decision anymore.

Well the quickest is Wikipedia believe it or not: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voting_in_the_Council_of_the_European_Union

You can see that the treaty of Lisbon has new items that require qualified majority vote. One is ref 49a TEU which is the withdrawal of a member state.

This will require, as the same suggests, a majority vote. If we don't trigger article 50 before this change comes into effect then it doesn't matter what that snake Theresa May says because it won't be her decision anymore.

That in itself is another nail in the EU coffin, how undemocratic, so a nations population vote to leave but a few unelected TW@TS decide its not in their interest can vote and overrule :shock:

It winds me up when remainers say trade deals can take 10 years to do blah blah.

Yeah so what.

Just proves most people were voting for themselves, now and not looking for a future for their country and their children.

Brexit will be the best thing for Britain.

It will take time, but we, and our children will be greatly better off

Still not going to happen.

Ever.

/QUOTE]

I disagree.

But I don't think Brexit will be everything many leave voters wanted. I suspect they will fudge a trade deal, and free movement will remain, albeit with some superficial amendment to sell it as reform.