The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Europe

Dnk

Just found burnt off pieces of teddy bear polyester stuffing in 3 separate places of my garden today. As much as I would wish it is just coincidence, I can't help but to think that for some reason vote Leave made closet rasists/nationalists to crawl from their holes.

No, i do not have any problems with my neighbors, nor am I in conflict with anyone.

Do you leave near a school? (I work in one). It was the last GCSE exam on Monday and I overheard quite a few students talking about burning their ties/uniform etc afterwards lol. If other things got burned in the process I wouldn't be surprised (e.g. Leaving gifts, teddy bears etc).

Just trying to help you feel less worried? If it was a racist attack it seems to be a very cryptic one ;)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happened Sunday middle of the night, closest school is 15 min walk from my home and we live in a middle of very quiet cul-del-sac. I know it was teddy bear stuffing just because there was teddies arm, rest of it was just burned stuffing. Worst thing is that it could easily turn into full blaze as most of it burned next to wooden shed. I guess we were lucky as night was cold and damp.

Theoretically, there is nothing to stop a British Government unilaterally withdrawing from the EU by simply repealing the 1972 European Communities Act. Article 50 compels only the EU to seek a negotiation, not the withdrawing member state. However, while this may be the case in principle, such an approach would likely damage the UK’s chances of striking a preferential trade agreement with the EU after exit – since its first act as an ‘independent’ nation would have been to have reneged on its EU treaty commitments. It would also mean there is no transition period, so EU legislation along with the UK’s free trade agreements via the EU lapse immediately. Since some EU law applies in the UK directly, the UK would need to legislate to replace it. (http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/the-mechanics-of-leaving-the-eu-explaining-article-50/)

That's broadly in line with how I thought it worked. But my point still stands in that the Uk has to formally leave the EU; the EU can't eject the UK from the club. Therefore it's a club where one of its members doesn't want to be there any more, but hasn't formally said they will be leaving. It's awkward for the remaining members, and that's why I believe they want the UK to hurry up.

I think Nigel should negotiate our exit.

God help you, if you are serious about this, although I really hope you have been sarcastic. This cretins diplomacy skills cshould be a shown as a warning how NOT to do it in any "politics for dummies" edition. As Pete said above, he simply insulted influential group of people, people who ARE deciding about EU trade deals and then asked to keep things civilized and suggested free trade zone...

God help you, if you are serious about this, although I really hope you have been sarcastic. This cretins diplomacy skills cshould be a shown as a warning how NOT to do it in any "politics for dummies" edition. As Pete said above, he simply insulted influential group of people, people who ARE deciding about EU trade deals and then asked to keep things civilized and suggested free trade zone...

You didn't see how they treated him. All the news outlets are only showing edited videos. If you watched from the start, they deserved the reply he gave. Fair play to Nigel for not allowing himself to be mocked for simply walking to his seat!

You didn't see how they treated him. All the news outlets are only showing edited videos. If you watched from the start, they deserved the reply he gave. Fair play to Nigel for not allowing himself to be mocked for simply walking to his seat!

As above.

People have been slagging him off because of the news clips but don't show all that happened.

I'm not a fan of the guy but he has every right to give it back and to laugh at them.

He (the UK also) achieved what they said was impossible.

As someone said "Diplomacy is a skill to say f... off in a way you are getting excited for a great trip. He should NOT fall for that, that's a difference between skilled politician and an popular village idiot.

As someone said "Diplomacy is a skill to say f... off in a way you are getting excited for a great trip. He should NOT fall for that, that's a difference between skilled politician and an popular village idiot.

Fair point, however it's refreshing to see an MEP say it how it is. Farage has more guts than Cameron that's for sure, Cameron went to negotiate a better deal and was sent packing (proving how democratic it is) if that's how they are going to treat us when we are in their union then imagine how they'll be out of it. The best thing for Europe is the desolution of the EU and a new single market agreement. That's all we need. A trade agreement. No political union or freedom of movement. Just a trade deal to avoid tariffs for businesses. Problem solved.

Just found burnt off pieces of teddy bear polyester stuffing in 3 separate places of my garden today. As much as I would wish it is just coincidence, I can't help but to think that for some reason vote Leave made closet rasists/nationalists to crawl from their holes.

No, i do not have any problems with my neighbors, nor am I in conflict with anyone.

I must have missed something at the racist, vote leave Bi-monthly assembly. Why does a torn stuffed bear constitute racism towards you? (bring me upto speed if I have missed something?). This is just some blue sky thinking but imagine if there was a rogue guest of wind blow it there in our usually windless country rather than this being a calculated hate crime. Crazy, I know.

I can only make assumptions about you from you're posts but i'd assume you are eastern European and in which case most assumably white. Is it a thing now, that whites can be racist to other whites?

This is a new dynamic to the race card for me.

This cretins diplomacy skills cshould be a shown as a warning how NOT to do it in any "politics for dummies" edition.

Nigel is our problem now, not your's :D

I must have missed something at the racist, vote leave Bi-monthly assembly. Why does a torn stuffed bear constitute racism towards you? (bring me upto speed if I have missed something?). This is just some blue sky thinking but imagine if there was a rogue guest of wind blow it there in our usually windless country rather than this being a calculated hate crime. Crazy, I know.

I can only make assumptions about you from you're posts but i'd assume you are eastern European and in which case most assumably white. Is it a thing now, that whites can be racist to other whites?

This is a new dynamic to the race card for me.

Nigel is our problem now, not your's :D

As for a first question - it was burned stuffing from a teddy, thrown in 3 different spots of my garden. I'm living in this area for last 9 years and never had any conflicts or issues with anyone, area is considered to be very good. Did i mention that it was lit before being thrown into garden and next to house wall? Luckily it burned off without causing a bigger blaze. I could call it nationalism, but I guess I'm as much of a "vermin" to this knuckle dragging bottom of a pond life as any asian/black etc.

As for a second thing, I know you are taking it as a joke, but it is hardly a joke for me, when opinion of a cretin like Farage might ruin my house value in a long run (I'm home owner) or somehow have big influence on my sons future - he was born here and is British national.

Last thing - Poland is not part of Eastern Europe - it is bang on in centre of Europe! Central European point is 20 miles south from my home town, which is located more or less in central Poland :)

As for a first question - it was burned stuffing from a teddy, thrown in 3 different spots of my garden. I'm living in this area for last 9 years and never had any conflicts or issues with anyone, area is considered to be very good. Did i mention that it was lit before being thrown into garden and next to house wall? Luckily it burned off without causing a bigger blaze. I could call it nationalism, but I guess I'm as much of a "vermin" to this knuckle dragging bottom of a pond life as any asian/black etc.

As for a second thing, I know you are taking it as a joke, but it is hardly a joke for me, when opinion of a cretin like Farage might ruin my house value in a long run (I'm home owner) or somehow have big influence on my sons future - he was born here and is British national.

Last thing - Poland is not part of Eastern Europe - it is bang on in centre of Europe! Central European point is 20 miles south from my home town, which is located more or less in central Poland :)

I think he means how is a burnt teddy bear an assault or attack based on racism or immigration?

I've never heard anyone use that tactic before, and as you said have lived there peacefully for 9 years.

I'm struggling to see the relevance of the teddy too.

And to blame Farage or the leave vote for the lowering of house prices is a bit much.

The housing bubble is due to crash at some point and anything can trigger it.

I think he means how is a burnt teddy bear an assault or attack based on racism or immigration?

I've never heard anyone use that tactic before, and as you said have lived there peacefully for 9 years.

I'm struggling to see the relevance of the teddy too.

And to blame Farage or the leave vote for the lowering of house prices is a bit much.

The housing bubble is due to crash at some point and anything can trigger it.

I guess lame try of arson is kinda similar to smearing shit on a door or maybe smashing windows if your neighbours feeling bold enough ( http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sobbing-german-woman-says-living-8301656 ). You are focusing on a wrong thing - someone used easy flammable stuffing from teddy bear (could be ANYTHING else really) to set up fire in my garden/house. If they used Molotov cocktail it would be more valid? As i said before - I like to think it is only coincidence, but I never had this before - maybe some verbal shit during work, but there is a lot of proof that since Leave vote some people became nasty. You won't experience that obviously, but it does not mean it's not happening.

If you think, that UK leaving EU and single market will have no negative influence on a properties prices, then I'm afraid you will be disappointed (I do not wish you that of course!) I guess real economy test will start, when UK will really leave EU, as for now it is still treated as a member and is about to stay like that for next 2 years+ , as no politician is willing to commit political suicide by triggering Article 50 of Lisbon Treaty.

I guess lame try of arson is kinda similar to smearing shit on a door or maybe smashing windows if your neighbours feeling bold enough ( http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sobbing-german-woman-says-living-8301656 ). You are focusing on a wrong thing - someone used easy flammable stuffing from teddy bear (could be ANYTHING else really) to set up fire in my garden/house. If they used Molotov cocktail it would be more valid? As i said before - I like to think it is only coincidence, but I never had this before - maybe some verbal shit during work, but there is a lot of proof that since Leave vote some people became nasty. You won't experience that obviously, but it does not mean it's not happening.

If you think, that UK leaving EU and single market will have no negative influence on a properties prices, then I'm afraid you will be disappointed (I do not wish you that of course!) I guess real economy test will start, when UK will really leave EU, as for now it is still treated as a member and is about to stay like that for next 2 years+ , as no politician is willing to commit political suicide by triggering Article 50 of Lisbon Treaty.

So it could be a huge coincidence, like a bunch of kids playing a prank.

I am not saying that hate crimes don't exist, or haven't increased since the vote, but I am just struggling to think why anyone who would commit a hate crime and decide to commit arson would use a teddy bear innards.

Not very practical in the scheme of things.

And I do not see why the leave vote could be directly blamed on any house price lowering.

It may be a contributing factor, just like with any other factors.

I am not aware of any houses that have gone down in price so far?

The media saying anything isn't proof. They've been stirring the "hate pot" ever since the referendum because it makes good news. I've not heard of ANY racist attacks or different treatment of Europeans near me and there's quite a few living here. If you've not experienced it my friend then it's probably not happening :) which is a good thing! It just means the media, as usual, is full of it. A teddy bear doesn't make sense, surely someone would simply put unwelcoming posters around or something through your door if that was the case?

Leaving the EU will be turbulent, yes, but in the long run I think our country will thrive out of an organisation that has £4 billion worth of fraud a year, not to mention laws that restrict our businesses up to the sum of £27.4 billion a year. We should be positive!

FTSE100 just closed on a 2-month high. Go figure! :)

The 250, which I believe is more UK-centric, still has some ground to make up but has recovered half its Brexit tumble in just two days.

All the reports I read seem to be stating that the markets are fairing well, but at the same time emphasise that this could just be the calm before the storm.

Polish people may think of Poland as central Europe, but it is Eastern Europe and of that there are no doubts, It's an ex USSR state; anyway....

You seem to be angry and resentful, but unable to understand the viewpoint expressed by the concerned indigenous that voted 4 to 1 in this very thread. Your view will naturally be biased but falling house prices effect your sons future how exactly ?

He probably faces greater uncertainty if migration levels carry on as they are, which is ironic, dont you think?

I'm not taking it as a joke but questioning the legitimacy of using a teddybear as a medium for inciting hatred; as others have said, peculiar. As nothing much has happened since ( I assume ) I was questioning whether it was likely just a one off unexplained incident.

Polish people may think of Poland as central Europe, but it is Eastern Europe and of that there are no doubts, It's an ex USSR state; anyway....

You seem to be angry and resentful, but unable to understand the viewpoint expressed by the concerned indigenous that voted 4 to 1 in this very thread. Your view will naturally be biased but falling house prices effect your sons future how exactly ?

Poland was never USSR state, Polish history is as rich as British and it was ignorant statement on your side. Geographical midpoint of Europe is recently set East from Poland at 54°54′N 25°19′E (Google map is your friend). Poland have been part of communist block thanks to Jalta conference, where our dear allies sold us to Stalin as they were afraid of new war, this time with red plague. We probably have more reasons to hate Soviets than any other country in Europe + USA ever had for all oppression we got from them during their reign.

Falling house prices have nothing to do with my sons future, stupid remarks from Farage and his cronies might tho. Please read what I said again, you quoted it :)

Oh - talking about numbers, this forum is NOT representative of UK population

16,141,241 voted to remain

17,410,742 voted to leave

Over 11 million people did not bother

I do understand what people are saying here, I'm not scaremongering, I just share my opinion about situation which is personally affecting me as it is affecting another 60 million people living in this country. I settled down here 11 years ago, my family is here and my home is here and I guess I have same right to be concerned as indigenous that voted almost 1 to 1 in this very country.

Poland was never USSR state, Polish history is as rich as British and it was ignorant statement on your side.

I watched a BBC Scotland documentary a few weeks back that told of the mass migration of Scots to Poland, via Gdansk, in the 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th centuries, and, following the Reformation, as many as 40,000 Scots moved to Poland and became citizens - in 1624 the political leaders of Gdansk wrote to King James VI of Scotland asking him to limit the number of Scottish migrants.

Thousands of Scots served in the Polish armies fighting the Swedes and the Russians.

We have a lot to learn from history....

I watched a BBC Scotland documentary a few weeks back that told of the mass migration of Scots to Poland, via Gdansk, in the 14th, 15th, 16th and 17th centuries, and, following the Reformation, as many as 40,000 Scots moved to Poland and became citizens - in 1624 the political leaders of Gdansk wrote to King James VI of Scotland asking him to limit the number of Scottish migrants.

Thousands of Scots served in the Polish armies fighting the Swedes and the Russians.

We do indeed,nothing is ever new it seems !

Speaking to my local Post office they are inundated with British Passport Applications of European Citizens - Germans, etc......

Despite the doom and gloom news of recent is seems like many Europeans are quite keen on swapping their passports for ours :)

BTW: falling house prices is not necessarily a bad thing - many have been complaining about the affordability of inflated property prices - hardly fair when over 47% of the properties in London are snapped by non-residents. Many new UK residential projects are not even launched in the UK.....

Interesting piece of history :) Mind you, I always respected Scots for being hard, honourable people with great rough accent :D Can't be held responsible for Gdansk actions as it always had Independent City status (or been under Prussia control) until WW2, so they basically were governing themself :)

So it begins.......

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/684282/Germany-Eu-referendum-Dexit-Brexit-Angela-Merkel-european-union/amp

The FTSE100 closed at a 2 month high today, pound is recovering and so is the FTSE250 :thumbs:

Italy and Greece have financial issues and without our bailout assistance I dont see how the remaining countries can afford to prop up the Euro for much longer.

Interesting times ahead.

Poland was never USSR state, Polish history is as rich as British and it was ignorant statement on your side. Geographical midpoint of Europe is recently set East from Poland at 54°54′N 25°19′E (Google map is your friend). Poland have been part of communist block thanks to Jalta conference, where our dear allies sold us to Stalin as they were afraid of new war, this time with red plague. We probably have more reasons to hate Soviets than any other country in Europe + USA ever had for all oppression we got from them during their reign.

Falling house prices have nothing to do with my sons future, stupid remarks from Farage and his cronies might tho. Please read what I said again, you quoted it :)

Oh - talking about numbers, this forum is NOT representative of UK population

16,141,241 voted to remain

17,410,742 voted to leave

Over 11 million people did not bother

I do understand what people are saying here, I'm not scaremongering, I just share my opinion about situation which is personally affecting me as it is affecting another 60 million people living in this country. I settled down here 11 years ago, my family is here and my home is here and I guess I have same right to be concerned as indigenous that voted almost 1 to 1 in this very country.

Lets be quite clear about how the country voted because this forum represents it very well, we are from all corners of the UK, there isn't a majority London membership. London and other large cities generally voted remain because they have it okay. Just because you can cram 7 million people into one city, who generally voted remain, doesn't make it a fair representation of the country as a whole. Please refer to a voting map for reference.

You did mention your sons future in the same sentence as house prices so I guess i lost that in translation. I really don't care geographically where Poland is, when Turkey joins 'Europe', Moldova might well be the new geographical centre of 'Europe'...Its still eastern Europe. Perhaps you can wikipedia it, save me screenshotting it for you.

I didn't call you're countries heritage or history into question, nor did I say being part of the communist block was voluntary on Polands behalf. I also dont don't hate the soviets and didn't think anyone else this side of Europe did either?

If British people here are not worried about Farage's stupid comments, then you definitely dont have to be. Only the rich are worried, the poor have nothing left to lose anyway.

So it begins.......

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/684282/Germany-Eu-referendum-Dexit-Brexit-Angela-Merkel-european-union/amp

The FTSE100 closed at a 2 month high today, pound is recovering and so is the FTSE250 :thumbs:

Italy and Greece have financial issues and without our bailout assistance I dont see how the remaining countries can afford to prop up the Euro for much longer.

Interesting times ahead.

Does this not prove we have not only an issue with lying scumbag politicians but also a huge problem with media. Neither have ANY credibility in my eyes anymore