The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ridox looks good but I honestly don't think it would improve on the look you have, which is very nice and I'm not normally a fan of black wheels on white but I think you've got the wheels and the whole look and the stance just right. Would be a lot of money for no gain imo.

To be fair mate the others have got it right. Your car is awesome at moment and so clean. Ridox would look mental though. I guess a full kit is worth it if your going for colour change etc as part of a larger project otherwise stock. Keep it as is and go single.

Wow! Didn't expect this many opinions already! thanks guys :)

I posted the question on my instagram as well and that came back with similar results, 5 to 1 in favour of keeping the way i have it near enough. It is expensive as some of you say, to do it properly i guess i'd be looking at £1500 - £2k with paint and stuff and carbon trim, even more really because i'd personally have to have the carbon front splitter and rear diffuser.

I guess keeping it stockish is the way it'll stay! I've got plenty of other parts to save for anyway like a turbo swap and ecu like a few of you have mentioned.

Thanks for your help you probably saved me blowing about 2.5k :D

Well i love both so id probably stay stock...or get an NA and put the kit on it lol. Heres the proper one:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12705357_10204137259991758_7283275273245179708_n.jpg?oh=1b627ed53fc6417410f0e3a54c67dbbc&oe=574ECCE3

Get out.. :)

Stay stock! :D

:D Your car is a beauty mate.

I love the ridox kit, but a clean stock body like yours should stay that way imo... But then again, I am bias!

:)

Well i love both so id probably stay stock...or get an NA and put the kit on it lol. Heres the proper one:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12705357_10204137259991758_7283275273245179708_n.jpg?oh=1b627ed53fc6417410f0e3a54c67dbbc&oe=574ECCE3

You are not helping my current mindset of staying stock here!!! :D

love ridox too but I would only do a full kit if mine had bad paint issues etc, your car looks mint mate.

Yeah i took this into consideration too, seems as my paint and car in general is in such good nick i should probably leave it stock body. I think you're right about doing it on a car with worse body condition.

So Today i changed my engine oil with a new filter and washer from Toyota along with the gearbox oil with the added extra of lucas stops slip as recommended by David P.

I went with Fuchs Pro S for the engine and Toyota type iv + stop slip for the box. I also bought a Greddy magnetic sump plug but i didn't realise until i'd already drained the oil that the guy had sent me the wrong thread size so i put the new washer on the old plug and back in it went.

Everything went perfectly well but the bloody stop slip is soooo thick it takes forever to empty the thing down into the box :( I ended up mixing it with the type iv to try and get it to go down faster. Got there in the end though.

While i was changing the filter i noticed a vacuum pipe with no hose on it in between the oil filter and oil dipstick, it's obviously not serious as the cars running perfectly fine but does anyone know what it is?

I've also bought some new cleaning products like Meguiars APC and Carlack 68 to give the car a real good clean next weekend, i'm borrowing Gregs DAS6pro too so hopefully it'll come up real nice : )

hard decision, your car looks stunning as it is, but equally that last pic looks pretty sweet :cool:

It's perfect the way it is ;)

thanks guys :)