The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Glanza_Mike's Clean White VVTI Supra Project!

Glanza_Mike

Great update :thumbs:

Thanks mate.

Car is looking very nice mate and think you've got the styling spot on :thumbs:

Pictures of your car also look great and those brakes look massive! Can I ask where abouts you got them from?

Cheers Andrew, i got the brakes from the USA mate, a very helpful chap called Jacob runs a website and facebook group and he makes the adapters for the brakes and can source all parts needed for the conversion :)

His brakes are ridiculous. You can see them before the car from 100 metres away! Mahooooooossiiiiivveeee brakes :)

Great update mate and that gauge looks class. We'll have a good run up to Japfest ;)

I have to say Mike those photos above with Emil are world class man. Unbelievable quality.

We certainly will mate! You'll pull away at a slightly slower rate now :D

And thanks about the pics :) i do like my photography! There will be a huugggeee amount taken Sunday :)

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one mate will be good to see this Sunday :)

I want an AFR just skint :(

You can get them for not too silly money now mate, mine was just expensive because of the extras with it.

That made for a nice Saturday morning read, lovely looking car !

Unfortunately you have just added a full polish to my list of jobs I already need to do :drown:

Haha, you know it's for the best anyway mate! :) and thank you!

100% one of the cleanest and best supra`s around!!!!!

makes me miss my old white TT lol!!

I love comments like this! Thanks mate :)

Just spent the last 5 hours getting her ready for Japfest tomorrow and she's finally properly clean! No pictures but there will be plemty Tomorrow :D

• 8 months later...

Lovely car Mike

Some Q's :)

On the white heater buttons , did you just buy new Buttons From Amayama , did you need to change the bulbs (OEM is green?)?

Was looking into doing sound deadening , did it make muck of a difference ? Did you just do the doors / boot ? What quantity of material did you use?

thanks

I also bought brand new heater control buttons from Amayama.com, got raped by ParcelForce but still worth it really because having nice bright white buttons has made suuuchhhh a nice difference in the car, they look fantastic :)

How much did you get stung for by parcel force mate? Import tax I'm guessing?

Lovely car Mike

Some Q's :)

On the white heater buttons , did you just buy new Buttons From Amayama , did you need to change the bulbs (OEM is green?)?

Was looking into doing sound deadening , did it make muck of a difference ? Did you just do the doors / boot ? What quantity of material did you use?

thanks

Wow I really need to update this thing! As for questions...

Oem heater lights are green? Hmm, I seem to remember mine being white? I do have a heckler led conversion on the heater now but I think this was after the buttons but I really can't remember.

I personally think the sound deadening made quite a nice difference. I did under the rear seats, inside the rear quarters and all the boot area, both doors. Made a nice noticeable difference.

Can't remember the quantity mate but if you search back in this thread I'm pretty sure I put all the details of the stuff I used?

How much did you get stung for by parcel force mate? Import tax I'm guessing?

I remember it being a stupid amount for how little the buttons cost. I think the buttons were 40 quid or so, and they charged me about 25 to 30 quid. Bastard s.

I know some people didn't get any at all though, like Jake iirc.

How? What was their justification for that amount???

I'm looking to get a set but at that cost I'd be cheaper going to MrT

I bought some bits from Amayama and they hit me with import tax which I guess is fair enough and then Parcelfarce basically charged me for doing on the import paperwork/legwork as well! Can't remember how much it was but was enough for me to be pissed off about it. Wouldn't release my items unless it was paid.

How? What was their justification for that amount???

I'm looking to get a set but at that cost I'd be cheaper going to MrT

I bought some bits from Amayama and they hit me with import tax which I guess is fair enough and then Parcelfarce basically charged me for doing on the import paperwork/legwork as well! Can't remember how much it was but was enough for me to be pissed off about it. Wouldn't release my items unless it was paid.

Unfortunately mate i had the same experience as Style^^ They only charged me about £10 import tax and then it was about £16 for them to do the 'paperwork', tossers.

Thanks Mike , I was thinking of gutting the interior and doing the whole lot over the winter!

I think it's a job worth doing tbh mate, let me know how you get on.

• 1 month later...

Right then, this thread is a little like the Carlsberg ads, i don't update very often but when i do..... :D

Not sure where to start but here goes...so i ordered a PHR single turbo kit on black Friday last year, with a 6266 precision fitted with a 0.81 a/r exhaust housing. MVP had a great deal on and even with polished compressor that i asked for it only came in a shade over £2k brand new so i couldn't say no :D

Unfortunately it took ages to come, like 2 months. But to be fair i probably wouldn't have fitted it around Xmas anyway so it was okay. It was actually quite the shock when it turned up because i had no notification it was posted so it just rolled up one day lookin' all sexy.....

Didn't take me long to start tinkering with bits on it so i bought VHT paint and sprayed the downpipe black. I also bought a TB developments UK spec 1st decat (to match up to the US turbo kit), i was going to go for the whifbitz one as it was a bit cheaper but i liked the idea of having the flexi section in the pipe, and to be fair the quality of it was excellent and the fitment was spot on so thanks Tim. I decided to heat wrap both of these to try and keep under bonnet temps as low as possible, first time i'd done it but it was surprisingly simple...apart from my lap looking like i'd been stroking a cat for 90 mins.

After that it was pretty much time to get stuck in! So here's the before....

During...

Bloody weather man said it was going to be cold but clear....snowed 3 times that day, fuckin cheers :D

Brand new Whifbitz front mount going in...

I'd heard friends and people on the forum say that removing the stock twins is a bitch but Jesus Christ! They were an absolute ball ache, smashed both my hands to pieces, pissing blood all over the place and on top of that it was fucking snowing!! :angry:

Never the less i finally got the job done, although it took longer than i expected it's supposed to be a full kit PHR supply but it isn't really. They don't tell you that you need some things to cap some water lines and a piece of hose to recirculate a water line through to the cabin. So it was off the road for a few days whilst i was waiting for parts to turn up.

I also had to create a flange for my MAF sensor to sit in the intake pipe as the car would start but not run without it. Luckily i know Craig at DynoTorque and he let me use his machines to create a flange for the maf and then he welded to the intake for me for little money. Top bloke.

When all that was finally done....

Don't she look beautiful :) Oh i also sprayed the cam covers VHT black (and made a small change to it for the eagle eyed) and fitted a turbo blanket.

But there's more! :)

Ordered a few more bits that i'd been meaning to change for a while and got a good deal on both so thought why not.

Brand new Toyota facelift lights...

Made such a beautiful difference, my old lights were in really good nick for a used set but the difference is just fantastic. I find myself keep turning around and staring at her whilst i walk away now :D

New set of BC coilovers...which are actually a down grade from Aragostas but the roads around me are absolute shite and i run 19" wheels that i wasn't willing to compromise on so the suspension unfortunately had to go.

They do feel a little softer already although i haven't fully tested them yet, and there's sill 12 points of adjustment left to the soft side so i'm happy :)

So this is how she's currently sitting....

Those lights :love:

I've also bought 2 cans of VHT wrinkle black that i'm going to paint mt cam covers and inlet manifold with, so i ordered all new gaskets for both and also new gaskets and o-rings for the water elbow which i'm soon to remove and get the nipples welded up.

Whilst i was working on the engine i noticed a few bolts that looked pretty aged too so i decided to replace as many as i can with a variety of stainless ones that look much nicer and won't corrode.

I actually have about double that amount now lol

And i think that's about it for now folks, no doubt I've missed some stuff but i can catch you up at a later date when i realise what it is :)

Let me know what you think,

Mike.

Perfect kit IMO for an auto, looks great mate :thumbs:

Should be very quick spooling with the cast manifold. I remember Lui having the PHR street kit fitted and he loved it.

Thanks mate that's what i was going for, nice quick spool and drive ability.

Looks great, always loved your supra. What ecu and fueling have you opted for? Has it been mapped?

Yea your supra looks great mate. Jealous on the single kit!

Same as above though, interested to know what ECU etc you went for?

Thanks guys, haven't decided on the ecu yet, still on the stock ecu for the time being. Ecu plus mapping is gonna cost me like 2.5k at least and i have other things that i need this money to go towards instead of my car right now.

Car is running and being fuelled just fine though, i have a wideband o2 sensor installed and it's running rich like the stock ecu always does but it's very safe like that.

I also changed the wastegate spring to run only 12psi to make sure the power and fuel would be fine.

Any info on the kit , comparison to bpu please , power delivery , sound

Thanks

Not sure my info will be all that helpful to you until i get it mapped mate but power delivery is like TTC but it spools earlier and gives a better kick in it's current form.

Sound is pretty fantastic, it's a bit louder off boost and when the external gate hits it's really loud but a great screaming kinda sound :)

But there's more! :)

Ordered a few more bits that i'd been meaning to change for a while and got a good deal on both so thought why not.

Brand new Toyota facelift lights...

http://i.imgur.com/lujfPxu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3L751NZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/maaxjYa.jpg

Made such a beautiful difference, my old lights were in really good nick for a used set but the difference is just fantastic. I find myself keep turning around and staring at her whilst i walk away now :D

How much did you pay for the lights? And where do you order them from? Car looks great, that single turbo is piff.